Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:26 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I just read the post as it was written without making inferences.

I've never equated the phrase "anti-gay crowd" with Christians or conservatives. Not all of you think alike, right?

It's actually pretty funny to me - it's like you're seeing words that aren't even there.

If you go around making assumptions about everybody and everything that's written, you're going to drive yourself crazy. I'm glad I don't live that way.
Let's not be coy.

Everyone knows who she was hatefully referring to - and everyone knows it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Let's not be coy.

Everyone knows who she was hatefully referring to - and everyone knows it.
Everyone but me, I guess.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,218,116 times
Quote:
Everyone but me, I guess.
Doesn't take a genius to see it in the person who started this thread.

Like the old saying goes: If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

We all know. It's okay to admit it.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
the reason that people attach hate crime to crime so often is that they are sick & tired of not getting any justice. by escalating the charges maybe they can get some justice. more and more they look to civil law to get justice and not criminal.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:24 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the reason that people attach hate crime to crime so often is that they are sick & tired of not getting any justice. by escalating the charges maybe they can get some justice. more and more they look to civil law to get justice and not criminal.

too bad when a crime happens against a white person coming from someone not white, it is rarely considered a hate crime. when it is the other way around, it is more likely to be considered a hate crime.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:27 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
too bad when a crime happens against a white person coming from someone not white, it is rarely considered a hate crime. when it is the other way around, it is more likely to be considered a hate crime.
I wonder how prevailent are crimes committed against whites just because they are white ... Oh wait... whites are not a protected class so they are fair game.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
It's up to the victim to press charges, usually, so if you're white and you get attacked, and you think the attack was motivated by your skin color, then by all means, press charges that say the attack was based on hatred for being white.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 PM

73 posts, read 89,050 times
Quote:
It's up to the victim to press charges, usually, so if you're white and you get attacked, and you think the attack was motivated by your skin color, then by all means, press charges that say the attack was based on hatred for being white.

Great idea except if a white person or a male claims a hate crime was perpetrated against them by some other group, the organizations that represent those people (NAACP, NOW, etc.) will pullout all the stops to go after that white/male crime victim, and you know I'm right!

John Wayne Bobbitt was a good example of this ("he selfish lover" became "he raped me" with the sexual mutilator's hearsay being the only proof needed), Reginald Denny too although I don't remember him pressing charges. The only example I can point to of white male victims not being successfully demonized is the MacKenzie V. Miller Brewing Co. case and they sure did try. I can't find anything about Rebbecca Gordon on the Internet. She was a young white woman who was murdered by a young black man a number of years ago. Someone's toes got stepped on in a restaurant and some words were exchanged. The group of white kids left in one car and the perpetrator of the murder chased her down coming up from behind her in his car and shooting her in the head with a 9mm that he had under his seat. He claimed that the whites were threatening him and calling him a n*gger. He apparently felt so threatened by the whites who were driving away that he felt it necessary to chase them down and murder Gordon. I guess because he felt that his life was in danger by these whites who were driving in another direction. He was sentenced to two years for the gun and the murder charge was dismissed by the black judge.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDIWHOHAH View Post
Great idea except if a white person or a male claims a hate crime was perpetrated against them by some other group, the organizations that represent those people (NAACP, NOW, etc.) will pullout all the stops to go after that white/male crime victim, and you know I'm right!
No, I don't see it that way.

When I lived in Minneapolis, two straight couples sued a gay nightclub because the doorman wouldn't let them in. They claimed they were being discriminated against due to their sexual orientation. The judge agreed, and they won the case.

There have been cases of gay bosses sexually harassing straight employees. The straight employees have sued and won.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:05 PM

73 posts, read 89,050 times
Quote:
No, I don't see it that way.

When I lived in Minneapolis, two straight couples sued a gay nightclub because the doorman wouldn't let them in. They claimed they were being discriminated against due to their sexual orientation. The judge agreed, and they won the case.

There have been cases of gay bosses sexually harassing straight employees. The straight employees have sued and won.

Was there an organization involved that represented the rights of heterosexuals or were they going it alone?

Just my opinion, if I were denied service at a black owned restaurant, No one would come to my rescue because I'm white and no organizations exist to protect the rights of whites.

I am a little surprised to hear a gay club would refuse service to heterosexuals since gays are trying so hard to achieve mainstream acceptance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies