Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you legalize gay marriage??
Yes 80 62.02%
No 49 37.98%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 07:06 PM

142 posts, read 273,022 times

Advertisements

ok let me clarify tradition is not a believe it is something that is done every year no matter what you think of it like christmas or thanksgiving even holloween or a birthday
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM

72 posts, read 110,575 times
Hey! What about those actually marrying Jesus (nuns) or the Church(priests)?? No one talks about how wrong that is, do you??

Old 01-03-2009, 07:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post
ok let me clarify tradition is not a believe it is something that is done every year no matter what you think of it like christmas or thanksgiving even holloween or a birthday
So...

What do you think about single people who want to adopt children?

Old 01-03-2009, 07:20 PM

512 posts, read 712,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Single people who willfully reject the traditional family are robbing the kids. Parents who lose their spouse are a different matter. If you want kids, then get married and have sex with your wife/husband, if you can't have kids, then the couple could adopt.

this country needs more traditional families, not a bunch of selfish, godless people trying to inflict their lifestyle on their kids.
This post is so ignorant I dont even know where to start. I was raised by a single mother. Not because my dad died, but because he was a deadbeat and my mother divorced him. I dont think you are doing any of the single parents out there, who bust their butts to make ends meet, and raise their kids with good morals and character justice.

A person who does not want to be married is just as good of a parent as a person who is married. Please stop insulting these people.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:14 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,492,645 times
Quote:
I am in no angst, I know what I like and what I don't. I have no desire to sleep with a man, no desire to marry a man, no desire for a boyfriend. That pheremone analogy is flawed as I am proof of that. The natural scent of a man turns me off.
You need to read what I wrote again. I said that gay men are attracted to the pheromones of men and straight men are attracted to the pheromones of women, lesbians are attracted to the pheromones of women and straight women are attracted to the pheromones of men. Unless you are gay why should you have the desire to sleep with a so called hairy butt man. It makes sense if you are turned off by the scent of a man, you are straight. Duh! I happen to be a gay man and am attracted to men, not women. Is it all clear now, or do you need further clarification on the subject of pheromones. By the way, it is not an analogy, it is from scientific studies.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post
I belive that being gay is a genetic thing not a choice but I have one problem with this logic if in fact it is a gene, then it is a mutatation and should be cured.

I am straigh and am not attracteD to the scent of a women thats bologne im atracteD by apearences like many otheres i have never heard
damm that girl smell so good i wanna get with her
but I have heard
damm that girl is pretty i want to get with her
Get my drift

Back to my point why cant gays just be happy with something that has the same rigths as a marriage with a different name
First of all; pheromones are not a scent that you can just smell, it is a biological chemical aroma released by nearly all creatures and many plants. for example; The scent of a female dog in heat is carried a long distance to many male dogs, it is not a strong or obvious smell, it is an unconscious oder cue.

Second; If there was something that has the same rights as marriage out there, we would be happy with it. But there is not a substitute out there. Current civil unions and domestic partnerships are a joke, you only get a scant few rights that are little different than a business contract. If civil unions and domestic partnerships did convey all the same, exact, identical rights as a civil marriage, then they would be marriages whether you want us to call them that or not. Separate but equal is never equal, only equal is equal. One and the same, not this and that.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Teaching about it in class

Taking school kids to a gay wedding

Wearing rainbow stuff

I believe teachers should be homo-neutral

I believe in separation of gay and state. LOL
Then they should also be hetero neutral, separation of het and state. They should also not be allowed to be married either if they are straight or gay, we cannot start making separate rules and regulations for gay people over straight people. All a gay person would have to do is hide in the closet like they have for decades, living a lie. Every one deserves to live an honest life, happy and content. Not miserable and lonely.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:49 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So...

What do you think about single people who want to adopt children?
I disagree with singles adopting.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 PM

568 posts, read 1,478,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
I disagree with singles adopting.
Right no home, is better than a home. You're so smart.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Right no home, is better than a home. You're so smart.
A child needs a mother and father - Two (2) parents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies