Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 06:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,855,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIDIWHOHAH View Post
I wasn't around for that so I'll go with Carter. He thought he could negotiate with Iranians.

I guess you forgot the attack our military failed horribly at executing. There was no negotiating. with Iranians at that point.

Carter started the peace process with the Israelis and the Arabs for that he alone deserves credit.

My vote for worse will have to be W from his subversion of the elections to waging war on a lie for personal gains, the worse attack on American soil and little done to retaliate against the attack. Oh and did we mention the second worse depression which we are still feeling?

Hands Down W wins by a landslide and he didn't have to cheat the voters for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 06:27 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
It is universally agreed that the village idiot from Crawford, Texas is in a league of his own in this regard. The bumpkin had the benefit of HINDSIGHT more than ANY previous president, yet STILL took the country backwards by lying to engage in a failed trillion dollar war abroad, while ignoring the domestic agenda. The country is in a free fall and in the dark ages because of him. He's the laughing-stock among leaders of nations past and present.

Nonsense. A country has a right to invade and conquer another country if that country is a dictatorship enslaving its people. Bush did not enslave the people he conquered..he gave them freedom and hope.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:40 PM

26,209 posts, read 49,017,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
A country has a right to invade and conquer another country if that country is a dictatorship enslaving its people.
That's one of the most patently ridiculous remarks I've seen in these forums.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:45 PM

100 posts, read 212,924 times
Obammy is the worst ever.

Old 01-01-2010, 06:46 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,333,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash3780 View Post
I'm going to go with Woodrow Wilson...
Spoiler
He wouldn't have been elected if not for Teddy Roosevelt and William Howard Taft splitting the conservative vote between the Republican and Bull-Moose Parties.

He changed the Constitution twice within his first few months of office: the 16th and 17th amendments. These two amendments (direct election of Congressmen and a federal income tax on American citizens) transfered vast amounts of power and authority away from the states to the Federal Government.

He signed the Federal Reserve Act into office at the end of his first year, when Congress was all but deserted for the Christmas holiday. The Federal Reserve Act created the Federal Reserve Bank (the bankers bank), which was given a key to the backdoor of the US Treasury.

He led the United States into a World War, in which nearly a million Americans were killed (protested vigorously by his own Secretary of State, William Jennings Bryan, who resigned over the issue).

His "Progressive Movement" amended the Constitution a third time to prohibit alcohol (the 19th Amendment), even though Wilson vetoed it because it also covered "wartime prohibition".

Federal spending ballooned from 3% of the GDP at the beginning of his presidency to over 20% of the GDP by the end of his presidency.

No other President (with the possible exception of FDR), has done so much to increase the size and scope of the Federal Government.

The United States was founded on the principal of a limited central government. For the past 100 years since Wilson was in office, the size and scope of the Federal Government has ballooned, inflation has destroyed the value of the dollar, and the cost of living in the United States has soared under crushing taxes. Hence, I believe, Wilson was the worst president in United States history.
No rebuttal at all to Woodrow Wilson being the worst President of all time? I'm sure there are some progressives out there somewhere who would disagree...

Old 01-01-2010, 06:47 PM

608 posts, read 923,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironhorseherb View Post
Obammy is the worst ever.
So far he's heading in that dirrection.

Old 01-01-2010, 07:10 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That's one of the most patently ridiculous remarks I've seen in these forums.

Please debate my statement instead of relying on intimidation.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:44 PM

15,145 posts, read 14,325,824 times
Worse President in my lifetime Jimmy Carter. As a man i admired him but as a leader he was terrible. He should have been more like his brother billy who put on a pair of oder eaters and walked down the street and disappeared.

Old 01-01-2010, 09:48 PM

757 posts, read 802,750 times
George W Bush hands down.

Bush ignored warnings about 9/11. Bush then lied about the threat from Iraq and USED 9/11 to justify invading Iraq. Bush lost an entire American city on his watch.(New Orleans) Bush presided over the collapse of the US economy. Bush presided over the devaluation of the American dollar. Bush suspended habeas corpus. Tortured detainees. Spied on Americans. It will take decades for the US to recover from the disastrous Bush 43 Adm..

Old 01-01-2010, 09:50 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,136,328 times
For sure its GW BUSH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies