Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 12:04 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,698,552 times

Advertisements

This is the most serious thread I have ever posted on this forum. The only way you can understand this, is if you have been the victim of such a terrible crime. The feeling of violation, the eariness, of not knowing if the thiefs will come back? The sense of loss.

I first experienced this back in 1988, and prayed it would never happen again. The neighborhood I live in has had a long history of virtually no crime of this nature. Residents have lived here for years, none have every experienced this. Sadly, on Dec 18, this nightmare returned. I came home from Christmas shopping and found my back door wide open, and my house ransacked. The police were reasonably helpful at first. But not very attentive later on. The people who robbed me were caught after a failed attempt to burglarize another house. Those homeowners were lucky; yet I did not receive any of my property back. I would like to hear from people on what they did, and how they coped. I would also like to hear from peoples experience with burglar alarms. What companies would you recommend? Any regrets about your choice of burglar alarm companies. I appreciate your thoughtful responses, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies