Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times

Advertisements

both sides are taking advantage of the fact that there is nobody in charge in the US right now. Regardless of who created Israel, the US ha been the defacto guardian for decades. The current administration has checked out on Israel for the past 8 years. Arafat walked away from peace negotiations right before Clinton left office in 2K and I think that Bill is going to pick up where he left off on January 20th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 08:24 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingerm View Post
Today Jews live in Iran.
Yeah, there are still a few left. Estimates are around 25,000 or less.

Contrast that to the 100,000 Persian Jews who are now living in the United States, and 140,000 more living in Israel. Many more have emigrated to other countries around the world. The few that are left are heavily oppressed, and yet they're not allowed to leave. Yeah, Iran doesn't want them all to go, because of course that would look bad. You would no longer be able to say "Jews live in Iran".

Is it any wonder why Jews want a home of their own?

Old 01-03-2009, 09:44 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Israel is vital to the United States interests in the Middle East. They have been, are are, and will remain, an allie - a friend, who we will help to defend in the time of crisis.
Israel vital to the US interests?? Pray, pls elaborate. You have got it wrong. Its the other way around. The US doesn't need Israel. In fact Israel IS the stumbling block to the US relations with the other ME countries. Before this whole Israel business, the US was looked upon very favorably by the Arabs and admired. The US has more to gain by being fair in its dealings in the ME than just blindly turning one eye & accepting whatever that Israel does. Pray tell me - what would happen to the US was to act fairly to both sides? And I mean really fair. The answer - Nothing! In fact the US will save over $1 billion that they give annually free of charge to Israel. $ which it can then use to help its own citizens. The goodwill of an entire region and probably the whole wold - business n trade between the US & the middle-east will probably bring a smile to any capitalist heart.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:46 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
we dont have a lota friends and the folks in the mid east seem to only be cordial when somebody is standing near by with a stick.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:48 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Is it any wonder why Jews want a home of their own?
Yeah...sure.. I'm kicked out of my home. What do I do next? I go to another neighbourhodd and kicked out the inhabitants of one home in order for me to move in. Yeah right...

Old 01-03-2009, 11:28 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,633,862 times
The neo-conservatives hijacked American foreign policy. Watch Ron Paul's speech from 2003:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...74553630131591

It's more like AIPAC and their allies use USA. They could care less of the majority of the American people who are victims as much as everyone else. That is how lobby politics works. Even the media (such Fox News) can be an effective propaganda tool.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:34 PM

1,149 posts, read 5,633,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Nah. AIPAC is no more powerful than the Saudi lobby.
Please do not spread disinformation. Saudi Arabia the ally which help to keep oil prices low in OPEC and they buy weapons they don't need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies