Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,217,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Huffington Post?

You think you're adding credibility to your Palin-bashing because you cite a left-wing blog? And did you actually READ the article?

Too funny!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 11:12 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Filet, I do what I can. However, I can't provide healthcare alone to 47 million people. Can I count on your donation?
The work you do is honorable. I am very happy you help out people when you can.

Don't let rude people in this forum/thread get you down!

When I complete college, I plan on going into child psychology. I love children and whenever I hear cases of abuse against children or when I hear a child has been killed, it drives me crazy. When I heard about Caylee Anthony, I could not stop thinking about the girl for days. I know in my heart, I want every single child to have a loving home. I want every single child protected.

Even though I make min. wage at my jobs, I am thinking about donating to feedachild.org which is a Christian Foundation to help feed the children in USA or around the world. I think I am going to send money to a baby girl there every month. It provides her with education, health care, blankets and food and clean water.

You keep up the great work and know there are people who are grateful for it. Sorry for the crap you are getting.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

When I complete college, I plan on going into child psychology. I love children and whenever I hear cases of abuse against children or when I hear a child has been killed, it drives me crazy. When I heard about Caylee Anthony, I could not stop thinking about the girl for days. I know in my heart, I want every single child to have a loving home. I want every single child protected.

Even though I make min. wage at my jobs, I am thinking about donating to feedachild.org which is a Christian Foundation to help feed the children in USA or around the world. I think I am going to send money to a baby girl there every month. It provides her with education, health care, blankets and food and clean water.

You keep up the great work and know there are people who are grateful for it. Sorry for the crap you are getting.
If you're going into child psychology, surely you already know about passive-aggressive behavior - and how unproductive it is? In other words, if you have something you want to say to me, just say it.

So you're applauding a fellow liberal who is screaming and yelling about how we need to provide free healthcare for the poor and needy, despite the fact that she refuses to do the very thing she demands others do - and this in light of the fact that she is a medical professional?

That's hardly honorable. It's hypocritical.

But yeah, I'm still the bad guy, even though I actually AM putting my money where my mouth is and am actually DOING something - all at my own expense - to help the poor and needy.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:

Thanks. Good luck to you. We need child psychologists and you would make a good one!

Old 01-03-2009, 11:33 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
If you're going into child psychology, surely you already know about passive-aggressive behavior - and how unproductive it is? In other words, if you have something you want to say to me, just say it.

So you're applauding a fellow liberal who is screaming and yelling about how we need to provide free healthcare for the poor and needy, despite the fact that she refuses to do the very thing she demands others do - and this in light of the fact that she is a medical professional?

That's hardly honorable. It's hypocritical.

But yeah, I'm still the bad guy, even though I actually AM putting my money where my mouth is and am actually DOING something - all at my own expense - to help the poor and needy.
The reason why I did not say it is because I avoid trying to talk to you all together when/if possible.

I am trying to help the needy and poor at my expense making min. wage. Remember? The job you were laughing at me for working because I go to college?

Yeah. Sorry, Filet. Sorry you don't think it is honorable. What this person does IS honorable.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
The reason why I did not say it is because I avoid trying to talk to you all together when/if possible.

I am trying to help the needy and poor at my expense making min. wage. Remember? The job you were laughing at me for working because I go to college?

Yeah. Sorry, Filet. Sorry you don't think it is honorable. What this person does IS honorable.
IF you're trying to avoid talking to me, then stop talking to me through other people. That's just childish.

I'm pointing out the utter hypocrisy of a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL who carps about the needy and poor needing free medical care, but who refuses to give free medical care herself. I'm talking about the hypocrisy of a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL who won't lift one darned finger to help those in need unless she's paid for it.

It's one thing to be a selfish, money-hungry person. That type of person is very common. It's quite another to be hypocritical about it. If a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL doesn't care about the healthcare needs of the poor and needy, said person shouldn't expect others to either.

But alas, such is the sad hypocrisy of the liberal left. It's always somebody else that is supposed to do what I won't do.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
IF you're trying to avoid talking to me, then stop talking to me through other people. That's just childish.

I'm pointing out the utter hypocrisy of a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL who carps about the needy and poor needing free medical care, but who refuses to give free medical care herself. I'm talking about the hypocrisy of a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL who won't lift one darned finger to help those in need unless she's paid for it.

It's one thing to be a selfish, money-hungry person. That type of person is very common. It's quite another to be hypocritical about it. If a MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL doesn't care about the healthcare needs of the poor and needy, said person shouldn't expect others to either.

But alas, such is the sad hypocrisy of the liberal left. It's always somebody else that is supposed to do what I won't do.
Filet, Do you not read my posts? I am indeed doing something of a political nature that hopefully will help the 47 million without healthcare. I cannot go into detail here. Also, I am not in the business of "tooting my own horn" about what I am doing. However, I again applaud your willingness to give of your time and money to the cause. This shows that you realize the severity of this problem and acknowledge that something needs to be done about it. Good for you! Welcome aboard!

Old 01-04-2009, 08:52 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
First, IMO, all the sniping going on here is, in and of itself, very childish.

Next, Huffington is not a credible source

The issue here is what? To criticize someone for having a baby? NO ONE, repeat NO ONE here knows diddly about who paid for, and who is paying for, this babies healthcare. And frankly, it is, to me, a non issue.

My only concern is for the baby to be healthy, happy and loved.

And, to the best of my knowledge, all three things have been met.

Case closed

Old 01-04-2009, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
First, IMO, all the sniping going on here is, in and of itself, very childish.

Next, Huffington is not a credible source

The issue here is what? To criticize someone for having a baby? NO ONE, repeat NO ONE here knows diddly about who paid for, and who is paying for, this babies healthcare. And frankly, it is, to me, a non issue.

My only concern is for the baby to be healthy, happy and loved.

And, to the best of my knowledge, all three things have been met.

Case closed
Not criticizing at all. Just using a situation which is in the public eye to make a point about our fragmented healthcare system and how this fragmented system dictates lives. Even the lives of conservatives demonstrated by Bristol's inabiltiy to marry the father before the baby was born so that she would maintain her healthcare coverage through her mother for prenatal care. (This is public, by the way, which is reinforced by Bristol selling photos of her baby to the media). It is consevative values to marry when the mother is pregnant and have the baby's father support the family, isn't it?

If you want to know who ctiticizes for having a baby, watch the video posted under the thread "a must watch video..."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies