Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2009, 11:38 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,512,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; to run with your ball further, Thomas Sowell the sociologist who BTW, is a Black man has observed that many aspects of American Black culture closely mirror archaic American Irish society as well.
That would make sense, as many poor and working-class whites in the South were Irish in origin......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 11:45 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,593,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mental_complex View Post
Spinning of the wheels? I think not.. Hitler may have been an unknown back in 1925, but surely Japan studied up on Hilter when he quickly took hold of Germany and started to make laws against in Jews in 1933.

I'm glad you finally decided to admit that Whites aren't as innocent as you make them to be.
Seriously, you need to broaden your knowledge on world history. The Japanese invaded China and Korea off and on for centuries --- long before Hitler was a gleam in his great-great-great-great granddaddys eye. To say that the Japanese (or any race of people) didnot know of genocide and slavery until introduced to the concept by Europeans is....I don't even know what to call it. Immature? Naive to the nth degree?
Whites do not have the corner market on atrocities. Humanity does -- but that does encompass all of humanity, not just certain shades of it.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:05 PM

12,879 posts, read 13,542,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; to run with your ball further, Thomas Sowell the sociologist who BTW, is a Black man has observed that many aspects of American Black culture closely mirror archaic American Irish society as well.
That's interesting ,In the book I mentioned , in around the 19th century they did'nt make any distinction between black or Irish prisoners in population reports,

Old 01-04-2009, 12:23 PM

36,766 posts, read 18,709,460 times
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
What is your point?

Have you forgotten about Genghis Khan, Mohammed, etc? OK: strictly speaking, Arabs are White-----------but, many White supremacists do not accept that.

The cold reality is it was the luck of the draw that the Euros and the Japanese had better weapons coupled with warlike cultures.

Things change: not so many years ago the stereotype of Ireland was the 'Fighting Irish' logo; today..........the logo (and stereotype) of Ireland today is the harp. Same ethnicity but Ireland's culture has changed that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Calm down, mule - That doesn't mean all the Irish killed each other.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:32 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,019,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
What is your point?

Have you forgotten about Genghis Khan, Mohammed, etc? OK: strictly speaking, Arabs are White-----------but, many White supremacists do not accept that.

The cold reality is it was the luck of the draw that the Euros and the Japanese had better weapons coupled with warlike cultures.

Things change: not so many years ago the stereotype of Ireland was the 'Fighting Irish' logo; today..........the logo (and stereotype) of Ireland today is the harp. Same ethnicity but Ireland's culture has changed that much.

Calm down, mule - That doesn't mean all the Irish killed each other.
LOL....thank goodness...had me worried for a second since most of them have quit writing me back.

Old 01-04-2009, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
That would make sense, as many poor and working-class whites in the South were Irish in origin......
IMO when the Irish came to America the value of slaves droped enough to make it some not profitable any more and thus , ended slavery , you could work an Irishman and pay him very little and unlike a slave you did'nt have the cost of his housing, medical care , clothing, food, and pay the same for his children, parents and granparents

Old 01-04-2009, 12:49 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
IMO when the Irish came to America the value of slaves droped enough to make it some not profitable any more and thus , ended slavery , you could work an Irishman and pay him very little and unlike a slave you did'nt have the cost of his housing, medical care , clothing, food, and pay the same for his children, parents and granparents

Nice theory, except there is no correlation between the decline of slavery and the increase in Irish immigration. But it was a nice thought.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nice theory, except there is no correlation between the decline of slavery and the increase in Irish immigration. But it was a nice thought.
look at the cost of slaves before and after the Irish came , you might also read George Fitzhugh's "Cannibals All" (1854?) he belived that "Capitalisim" was another name for "Slavery" for White people and that it was cheaper, many people switched to "free Labor" and found it was profitable, you have to remember the cost of a single slave could be $1500.00 - $1800.00 that was a trememdous sum of money in the 18th century. by 1865 slaves like George Washington Carver sold for as little as $200.00 (Still, a years income for a poor person)

Old 01-04-2009, 01:16 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,178,998 times
A friend of one of my kids had a baby by someone from South Africa, all three are white, mom, dad and baby. My question is, would the baby be African American?

This is true, I am not making it up.

Old 01-04-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
A friend of one of my kids had a baby by someone from South Africa, all three are white, mom, dad and baby. My question is, would the baby be African American?

This is true, I am not making it up.
Afrikanner American?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies