Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: do you follow the mideast news?
only because it's on TV but I don't give a *** 9 60.00%
I follow it and try to learn every detail of it because I have no life 3 20.00%
I turn off the TV when it comes up - why can't they show us NEWS 3 20.00%
I am involved in it because I am mideastern 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 10:12 AM

312 posts, read 506,208 times

Advertisements

how many of you really care about the middle east?
there's Darfur, Sri Lanka, Thai, The Czech Republic took over the rotating European Union etc. Oh and the economy in the US, plus other US news. anyone still interested in the old stale mideast? why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 05:51 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,128,841 times
The Middle East is on the news because the powers that be WANT us to be afraid, they WANT us to see mayhem and destruction, they WANT us to believe that other human beings--specifically the ones they choose--are awful. How else can a nation be controlled for the least amount of capital?

The Middle East is an area of the globe where energies are at their darkest. It has nothing to do with the people there or their religion. All of the strife and conflict is induced to attract attention, to multiply the violence and negativity outward like a disease.

I'm sick of the Middle East. Fix the potholes in my streets! End the corruption in City Hall! Tear down the slums and build decent housing! The only things I'm concerned with are the only things I SHOULD be concerned with: the things I experience every day. What others do half way across the globe is irrelevant.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,535,921 times
Of course I think about the middle east, it seems to be pretty unstable. Along w/India & Pakistan. Although I wonder, do you think people in say europe or southeast asia get inundated w/middle east stories?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM

4,156 posts, read 10,993,921 times
Why are there no other choices in your poll.
Oh wait, I get it, this is just a gripe-fest post.
sigh.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:00 PM

1,348 posts, read 3,580,640 times
Option 1.

They would do the world a HUGE FAVOR by annihilating themselves, hopefully with nukes that would wipe out their entire populations so they don't leave children to carry on the massacre. But that's just me.

America has absolutely no business in religious conflicts in the Mideast. None. Zero. Nada.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:11 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,439,781 times
I absolutely agree with the OP.
One of the most remarkable successes of arab propaganda is portraying this conflict as central and most crucial to word peace and the Palestinian refugees as one of colossal magnitude. No peace elsewhere (Afghanistan, Iraq) can be achieved without first solving the Israeli Arab conflict...
In reality it is just a conflict over a patch of land, half the size of that an American county...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies