Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 07:29 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
You are totally COLD. I hope you get yourself into a bad financial situation and see what it's really like, you jerk. Sorry - can't help myself here. Did you ever hear of the word "compassion"? NO? Look it up.
What makes that person even colder is, they blame me for being a single mom of two and for having kids with someone I should have known better. They blame me, for leaving and taking my kids out of a terrible situation and trying to do better for them. However at the same time, they don't sound like they are balming their sister for doing the same thing. At least their sister had family to turn to. I want to know, what the heck did their family do to the sister to cause her to make a bad choice in her mate and reproduce with him? Why didn't they teach her any better to be more responsible and find a better mate before having kids? Didn't this sister have any clues that her chosen mate was a loser and a drifter who most likely wouldn't be around to help support his family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:30 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
What a bunch of BS, excuse me. People can't even pay their bills on a "decent" salary; things cost WAY above the salaries people are paid in this country - they are NOT buying luxuries, believe me.

Haven't you HEARD what's going on? I swear, some of you on here have your heads in the sand about how people are living - get out there and LOOK.
That's ridiculous. I live in one of the most expensive parts of the city and have no problems paying bills and living an average decent life on the average American's salary. If I had 8 kids no HS diploma and 5 babies mama's 8 credit cards and $500,000 home I could see how it would be rough.... But I stopped watching MTV cribs, sweet 16 (blow millions on a 1 night party), my wedding to end all weddings that will start our marriage in bankruptcy..... Yeah I missed all those so I don't really feel obligated to live outside my means to keep up with the Joneses.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,033,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxchus View Post
Straw Man. The people being discussed here are the working poor, people in difficult circumstances thru no fault of their own- bad fortune, or people who had a bad start in life; which is obviously something they couldn't choose.

What you're describing is a choice in behavior. People can make a conscious decision to get themselves off booze/drugs. Poverty is something that can be overcome, but it's not always as easy as changing habits or behavior. Being poor doesn't necessarily equal a moral failing.

If the 'work ethic' consistently lead to substantial results these days then most working people would be at a very comfortable level, able to make ends meet easily. That's all a lot of people want. It seems like only in the U.S. do people become so hostile to that idea.
Oh, dear STRAW MAN! How is that community college education working out for you?

I don't want to pay for a guy on the corner, say, that is not drinking vodka but crying about his bad mommy, mean brother and ugly face.

How's that?

Saying that is all "a lot" of people want is very silly. A lot of people want a lot of stupid things. Not my desire to help the with their "wants".

The work ethic works for those who work. Some work at crappy jobs and get low wages, some have skills that are worth $$$. Why do I see you as on the low end of this scale and bitter about it?

NOBODY in this country is starving. NOBODY has no access to healthcare.

Last edited by omle; 01-08-2009 at 08:10 AM..

Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 AM

2,467 posts, read 4,861,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Right. That's why all the ultra poor slobs are obese, because in this rich country we are so mean we deny food.
The reason most people are obese is because they eat junk foods. Have you looked on the super market shelves lately? The cheapest foods are junk, the healthier foods are the more expensive. It's hard to buy a roast when all you can afford are hot dogs. Soda is cheaper than milk.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
What a bunch of BS, excuse me. People can't even pay their bills on a "decent" salary; things cost WAY above the salaries people are paid in this country - they are NOT buying luxuries, believe me.

Haven't you HEARD what's going on? I swear, some of you on here have your heads in the sand about how people are living - get out there and LOOK.
Do these "poor" people have cell phones and tv's? Boo hoo.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoquilter View Post
The reason most people are obese is because they eat junk foods. Have you looked on the super market shelves lately? The cheapest foods are junk, the healthier foods are the more expensive. It's hard to buy a roast when all you can afford are hot dogs. Soda is cheaper than milk.
I saw chicken yesterday for $.59/lb...
Please do go into people can't afford food. What you should be saying is people pay not attention to prices when they pickup food. They showed a couple on the TV a few days ago that ate everyday on $1.... I've been doing that for months now and no it's not oatmeal and city water... But if no effort is put into trying to save money guess what none is ever saved. I occasionally splurge and get a # meal from a fast food place but I don't make it my first choice or even second or third either.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
You are totally COLD. I hope you get yourself into a bad financial situation and see what it's really like, you jerk. Sorry - can't help myself here. Did you ever hear of the word "compassion"? NO? Look it up.
Cold equals reality.

I have compassion for real victims, not ding dongs that pop out kids with loser sperm donors. Poor kids. Them I do feel for and am glad the schools are feeding them on the public dime.

I do think the other poster knows the word compassion. She seems pretty smart. At least she takes care of her self and kids and is not mewing about being a "victim".

Oh, and how much do you weigh, by the way? Are you 93 lbs and starving, in need of a bowl of soup? Bwahahahahaha.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
What makes that person even colder is, they blame me for being a single mom of two and for having kids with someone I should have known better. They blame me, for leaving and taking my kids out of a terrible situation and trying to do better for them. However at the same time, they don't sound like they are balming their sister for doing the same thing. At least their sister had family to turn to. I want to know, what the heck did their family do to the sister to cause her to make a bad choice in her mate and reproduce with him? Why didn't they teach her any better to be more responsible and find a better mate before having kids? Didn't this sister have any clues that her chosen mate was a loser and a drifter who most likely wouldn't be around to help support his family?
This post is another reason that I am thinking of leaving this country. Wow. The U.S. is doomed.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 AM

If one does that whole abstinence thing you can watch the deadbeats run out the door faster than you can say goodbye...

But you have to actually do it which means you need conviction and not the god of lust. I know it's not realistic.... But it's way more realistic to have multiple kids you can't afford with a father that won't be around and a life of poverty ahead of you...

Old 01-08-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:

Oh, dear. This thread is trying.

No, sweetpea, the cheapest foods are not junk.

I have plenty of money. I watch what I buy at the store. I am thin.

Cheeze Doodles cost about $2.59 for an 8 oz bag and contains lots of yummy fat! A 2 lb bag of navy beans costs half that and can feed a family of 4 for 12 meals.

Vegetables are good for you. The canned ones are expensive, the fresh ones are on sale on different days. Oh, I know it's soooooooo hard to wash and cook them, but try.

The fat pigs, that don't work and are screaming about how evil America is are working my last good nerve. Go to Africa. Now that is a diet: Chase a zebra with your fat lard arse, kill it and eat it. Bet you'll be skinny in a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies