Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 08:55 PM

312 posts, read 507,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
When we start using the death penalty on corrupt businessmen that have a knack for destroying the US Economy or people's lives (Madoff) I'll favor it.
what's with all the hate? forgive and forget I say
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 05:30 PM

3 posts, read 2,489 times
So you would rather pay to house a criminal for the rest of their life, with living conditions that are better then some of the tax paying individuals then put a GUILTY person to death? I think that if someone is found guilty, beyond reasonable doubt, for a crime that is heinous enough the grant life in prison just complete the job and wipe them out. How would you feel if someone raped your child and got life in prison and you knew that they did it without a doubt? I think that some individuals don't deserve to live and if they are going to misuse the life that was given them then TAKE IT AWAY!! That's my opinion.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:35 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
I'll be brief: kill more, faster.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:49 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Human monsters (Mass murderers, cold blooded premeditated crimes, etc) who are guilty beyond any doubt should be executed as soon as possible.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:50 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
what's with all the hate? forgive and forget I say
You would be glad to throw the switch if he had sucked millions from your pocket.

Old 10-17-2009, 05:58 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times
I will try to assist the debate by merging the 2 camps.

Those who want capital penalty & those who are against it should accept a mixed system,
where some of the murderers,the most heinous will get the Penalty,
while others,will get leniency,grace,mercy etc & a prison sentence.

Such an arrangement is a lesson in democracy & power sharing.

On the subject of justice,we can share the power.

That's why we must try to bring such a mixed system to the 15 states who don't have the Penalty, even on paper
& to another 15 where its use is obstructed.

A democratic ,mixed system,with proportionate representation of both parties,is the best solution.

That's the American way.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
What are your views on Capital punishment??
Pro.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:04 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
I agree with capital punishment if DNA evidence is used.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:12 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldybttrfl View Post
So you would rather pay to house a criminal for the rest of their life, with living conditions that are better then some of the tax paying individuals then put a GUILTY person to death? I think that if someone is found guilty, beyond reasonable doubt, for a crime that is heinous enough the grant life in prison just complete the job and wipe them out. How would you feel if someone raped your child and got life in prison and you knew that they did it without a doubt? I think that some individuals don't deserve to live and if they are going to misuse the life that was given them then TAKE IT AWAY!! That's my opinion.
Considering the imperfection of our justice system, yes, I'd rather allow them all to live than risk an innocent being put to death, which has happened many times.

Old 10-17-2009, 09:58 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times
China's hi-tech 'death van' where criminals are executed and then their organs are sold on black market | Mail Online

China does supports capital punishment and makes a profit.

I likes Texas they have an express lane for captial punishment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies