Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:03 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Now let's send that to Coulter, she seems to be most in need of a positive affirmation...everyday.

All she requires is the remote or the off switch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:23 PM

1,933 posts, read 1,825,357 times
Thanks for the answers on the vacuum post.
I have often used the remote with AC. I think today she crossed the line in blaming single mothers for most of the criminals we have in this country.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:29 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
Like I have the time to read thru all your posts? I didn't accuse you, I said you were probably in the thick of it...emphasize on probably. Old news dude, get over it.

old news? It was yesterday when you accused me. Here's your post as a matter of fact:

You really need to get a reality check. That hatred goes on on the republican/conservative side in spades. Where were you when people were railing about Obama or his wife's looks? I suspect you were right along in the thick of it. You're in SEVERE denial if you think the righties on this board are innocent angels. SEVERE.

Here's my response:

Link or apology? Your choice. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, that is just as wrong, however, EVERY post that pertains in any way, shape or form to conservative ideals or principals, is met with pure unadulterated hate from the left. Will you condemn that, as I have condemned the hate from the right? Will you vow to look in the mirror, take a step back and agree to be more civil in you disagreement? Will you? Or will you continue to traffic in hate and make excuses for those that choose to as well? What have we become as a society? God help us all.

Thus far, you've provided neither a link nor apology for your false allegation. You also didn't accept a pledge to take a step back, look in the mirror and stop the hate. I'll ask you one last time: will you apologize to me for insinuating that I mocked Michelle Obama's looks when I never did? Will you? Your call.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
Thanks for the answers on the vacuum post.
I have often used the remote with AC. I think today she crossed the line in blaming single mothers for most of the criminals we have in this country.

I thought she lost any shot at credibility when she accused the 9/11 widows of enjoying the spotlight.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:33 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
She was saying it's a result which I don't disagree with.

Divorce and marriage play much bigger economic roles for black children than
white children in the United States, according to a new study by two UC
Davis economists. Marianne Page and Ann Huff Stevens find that in the first two years
following a divorce, family income among white children falls about 30
percent, while it falls by 53 percent among black children.
"This difference increases dramatically in the long run," Page and Stevens write. "Three or more years after the divorce, about a third of the loss in whites' household income is recouped, but the income of black families barely improves."

In fact, three or more years after the divorce, the black families' income
remains 47 percent lower than if the parents had remained together. Marriage appears to have even greater benefits for black children whose single mothers marry than for their white counterparts, according to the study.

Page and Stevens estimate that while the family income of white children rises by 45 percent when their single parent marries, the family income of black children rises by 81 percent with marriage. One reason for the difference in improvement is that married black mothers are more likely to work than married white mothers. On the other hand, when divorce occurs, the probability of black mothers working does not change, while recently divorced white women have an 18 percent greater probability
of working.

The study, published in the February 2005 issue of Demography, followed a
nationally representative, longitudinal survey of Americans conducted by the
University of Michigan's Institute for Social Research.

Divorce Statistics: Effects on Black Community

It's no lie % wise more African Americans are locked up than other races. Poverty has a huge influence in criminal activity. They are not all separate issues.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It's no lie % wise more African Americans are locked up than other races. Poverty has a huge influence in criminal activity. They are not all separate issues.
This is true, but it has nothing to do with single mothers. She is alientating people in her own party with this drivel.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
old news? It was yesterday when you accused me. Here's your post as a matter of fact:

You really need to get a reality check. That hatred goes on on the republican/conservative side in spades. Where were you when people were railing about Obama or his wife's looks? I suspect you were right along in the thick of it. You're in SEVERE denial if you think the righties on this board are innocent angels. SEVERE.

Here's my response:

Link or apology? Your choice. Again, two wrongs don't make a right. Yes, that is just as wrong, however, EVERY post that pertains in any way, shape or form to conservative ideals or principals, is met with pure unadulterated hate from the left. Will you condemn that, as I have condemned the hate from the right? Will you vow to look in the mirror, take a step back and agree to be more civil in you disagreement? Will you? Or will you continue to traffic in hate and make excuses for those that choose to as well? What have we become as a society? God help us all.

Thus far, you've provided neither a link nor apology for your false allegation. You also didn't accept a pledge to take a step back, look in the mirror and stop the hate. I'll ask you one last time: will you apologize to me for insinuating that I mocked Michelle Obama's looks when I never did? Will you? Your call.
The fact that you're holding on to a post from yesterday is telling. Have you nothing else to talk about? I'll spell it out for you.....I no longer care. If you didn't say anything about Obama or his wife during the election, good for you. Congrats, applaud applaud.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:54 PM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
I caught some of her interview with Matt Lauer this morning. While she does spew forth the same old stuff, I get a kick out of the outrage she purposely generates. She manages to kick it up a few notches, always to coincide with the publication of her latest book.

She's no dummy. She understands that publicity is publicity, whether positive or negative. She's a publicity freak, and she's getting rich from it.

She had the publicity motor cranked up to a high volume this morning. Unfortunately, it was like listening to a broken record because every single sentence had the words "in my book" placed somewhere within. Yawn.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:24 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,084 times
Quote:
The fact that you're holding on to a post from yesterday is telling. Have you nothing else to talk about? I'll spell it out for you.....I no longer care. If you didn't say anything about Obama or his wife during the election, good for you. Congrats, applaud applaud.
You just can't do it can you? You character, or lack thereof defines who you are. I've often wondered why it's so difficult for so many people to just say, "Sorry, 'bout that, I was wrong". pride, I guess.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:55 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsqueezer View Post
I caught some of her interview with Matt Lauer this morning. While she does spew forth the same old stuff, I get a kick out of the outrage she purposely generates. She manages to kick it up a few notches, always to coincide with the publication of her latest book.

She's no dummy. She understands that publicity is publicity, whether positive or negative. She's a publicity freak, and she's getting rich from it.

She had the publicity motor cranked up to a high volume this morning. Unfortunately, it was like listening to a broken record because every single sentence had the words "in my book" placed somewhere within. Yawn.
You are absolutely right and considering most Americans are essentially dead from the neck up, the only thing they respond to is emotional reactionary drivel. Anything else would require the effort to think and that will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies