Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:46 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,729,974 times

Advertisements

Jan. 5 (Bloomberg) -- As the new owner of $172.5 billion of preferred shares and warrants in 208 U.S. financial institutions, the Treasury Department hasn’t succeeded in thawing frozen credit markets, leaving taxpayers propping up an industry that won’t lend to them.

“If you’re taking money from the public purse, we should get something in return, and we’re really not.”

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive

Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,433,126 times
And you expected anything different?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:04 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,017,397 times
They've been legislating money to the rich corporate bastards for a long time now. Our republic is based on money so the greediest get the votes. The system is corrupt, but we can't have another revolutionary war, so what do we do?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
And you expected anything different?
I always said it would be better to directly lend, instead of go thru the big fat middlemen

Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM

795 posts, read 2,293,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Jan. 5 (Bloomberg) -- As the new owner of $172.5 billion of preferred shares and warrants in 208 U.S. financial institutions, the Treasury Department hasn’t succeeded in thawing frozen credit markets, leaving taxpayers propping up an industry that won’t lend to them.

“If you’re taking money from the public purse, we should get something in return, and we’re really not.”

Bloomberg.com: Exclusive
Trickle down, trickle down---

Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler View Post
Trickle down, trickle down---
Geez, you smell like pee

Old 01-06-2009, 02:13 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,759,433 times
I said it at the beginning that you were going to get it from behind... most people knew it and let their congressman/congresswoman know it... some of us objected... others were cheerleaders trying to get their sticky hands on some of that money... what happened? They didn't get a cent... now they whine and complain... what can I say to them? You got greedy and now you got nothing... Obama and many democrats was FOR all these bailouts ArkansasTraveler... so I go easy with the trickle down mantra... Well, now that we have known that all these bailouts was going into the purses of CEOs and such... what did we do about it? I tried to vote the politicians out... unfortunately you didn't... and so they are in their offices for another 4 years and handing out bailouts like someone else's money... oh wait, they are doing that right now... who do I have to thank... people like you who voted for the same incompetent politicians back into office and then complain about the bailouts they still hand out... you make me laugh...

Old 01-06-2009, 02:23 PM

382 posts, read 951,814 times
Sometimes doing nothing is better. All our wonderful representatives told us that America was just one step from the toilet if they didn't get their hands on $700B of our tax dollars and we believed it once again and swallowed hard; or bent over, either one makes the politicos happy. Even though all our eyes are twinkling; this new regime won't make it any better. They want another, what, $800B to start?

Old 01-06-2009, 02:31 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,540,710 times
Did you really expect that amount of money to change much other than keep[ing the big bnaks from failing and the steamroller efect like in teh great depression. The proposed 850 billion package preoposed for infrastructure is estimated to only reduce unemployment by 1% if perfectly managed. The effect of this massive deficit in coming years will have just as bad a effect as it always has had long after the recession is gone.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I said it at the beginning that you were going to get it from behind... most people knew it and let their congressman/congresswoman know it... some of us objected... others were cheerleaders trying to get their sticky hands on some of that money... what happened? They didn't get a cent... now they whine and complain... what can I say to them? You got greedy and now you got nothing... Obama and many democrats was FOR all these bailouts ArkansasTraveler... so I go easy with the trickle down mantra... Well, now that we have known that all these bailouts was going into the purses of CEOs and such... what did we do about it? I tried to vote the politicians out... unfortunately you didn't... and so they are in their offices for another 4 years and handing out bailouts like someone else's money... oh wait, they are doing that right now... who do I have to thank... people like you who voted for the same incompetent politicians back into office and then complain about the bailouts they still hand out... you make me laugh...
Yeah, you should put another 'competent' politician like Bush back in. LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies