Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 05:04 PM

39,031 posts, read 22,972,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I was going into it. I am now going into child psychology.

I don't think that is true. Why would I think anyone is evil based on their religion or race?

I don't think like that...
Never said you think that way but it was obvious that one of my professors felt that way. Made for an extremely uncomfortable semester. And I was a democrat during that semester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 05:10 PM

706 posts, read 1,238,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Really? Where?

All over this thread, but what specifically jumped out at me, was a pro-gay poster on here compared this incident to a fictitious pro-pedophile issue.

basically he was stating that it is understandable to for gay people to react violently to proposition 8, just like other people would react violently to pro-pedophilia legisaltion. He is trying to compare apples and oranges, yet when other people bring up the possibility that many other things could be genetic, then of course it is dismissed by the left as apples and oranges.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,551,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Never said you think that way but it was obvious that one of my professors felt that way. Made for an extremely uncomfortable semester. And I was a democrat during that semester.
Yeah. It would be uncomfortable. I can imagine why.

Just because your professor made it feel like that though does not mean you are bad for being Christian or a man. (I know you are a woman..just saying)

But what does being Democrat during that time have to do with it? I think anyone would feel uncomfortable about that-Democrat or Republican.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:18 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,804,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Personally, I think it's obvious that it already IS causing big trouble. Just look at how ill-equipped most college graduates are today. Anymore, a Bachelor's Degree qualifies you for little more than to go get a Masters' Degree.
I was well-equipped enough after college, so that is somewhat of a cop-out in my opinion. I had plenty of job opportunities, just not in the field I decided I wanted to be in - which requires a Master's degree. Anyway, off-topic!!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Depends upon what field you are studying in ... If you were going into the field of education, you will learn lots about the good of communism (er "collectivism") and how evil and shameful white, Christian men are.
I am in the field of education, and never heard anything of the sort in college or grad school. Where are you getting this information? Because you had ONE professor who made his political leanings known? FYI, at least half of my professors were white men (not sure of their religion), so I doubt they think white men are evil.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
But the real brainwashing is going on every day at Universities and Colleges across America. It's not so much education that's going on, as indoctrination. We're not looking at institutions of learning, as much as ministries of propaganda.
Did you go to college? If so, which one/s? Just curious, because as I said earlier, none of my liberal California colleges fit these descriptions...

Old 01-07-2009, 05:25 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,438,048 times
gizmo980, you can't be serious. Either you slept through the classes or you so completely agreed with your professors that you simply absorbed what they said.

Old 01-07-2009, 05:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,525,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
FYI, at least half of my professors were white men (not sure of their religion), so I doubt they think white men are evil.
Apparently you've never talked to Mike Farrell, Michael Moore, or Alan Alda

Old 01-07-2009, 05:27 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,606,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Anyone who says something like this clearly doesn't understand the principles this nation was founded on. The reason why we have a legislative branch is to protect the minority from the majority. It allows for change to occur because in many cases, people are reluctant to change without the court making the first move. Look at the history of slavery and civil rights, without the supreme court, there'd still be segregation (and probably slavery again) in the south. While it's true that churches do good things for the community, they also do some awful things too. They brainwash idiots into believing that fairy tales are true, they try to force their beliefs on people who have no desire to live like them and they are incredibly ego-centric. You don't have to be a church person to do good, despite what you may think.
Thank you, Dan. I couldn't have said it better myself.

True conservatives understand that the interpretation of a state's Constitution by the state's Supreme Court will always take precedence over the results of a popular vote.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 01-07-2009 at 05:45 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,115,828 times
Quote:
It's the red tape that's required to get into my profession. I love learning but I just wished that the learning wasn't just one-sided. I only became aware of political issues from a conservative standpoint AFTER I received both degrees. Prior to this, I was just another blind democrat who knew jack-squat about what is really going on in our world today.
Actually, there are plenty of private parochial schools you could have attended if that was unwanted information they were trying to give you.

Just like with grammar and HS, this is what is best for those who need to stay safe and naive.

DO share with us, what REALLY is going on in the world today?

Please enlighten us with the other sides propoganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies