Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times

Advertisements

I don't get the flip-flop.

Twice he said the guy is a fine public servant.

Twice he said the Senate has to handle it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
No talking in the ranks. Whick-chhh!

I wasn't going to comment on how rank...

Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
wow presidential seat is getting to be like the batters box, anybody in it gets booed. now in baseball they call this an ugly crowd.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM

177 posts, read 456,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
"Roland Burris is a good man and a fine public servant, but the Senate Democrats made it clear weeks ago that they cannot accept an appointment made by a governor who is accused of selling this very Senate seat," he said. "I agree with their decision, and it is extremely disappointing that Governor Blagojevich has chosen to ignore it."

To:
"You know, that is a Senate matter. But I know Roland Burris. Obviously, I've -- he's from my home state. I
think he's a fine public servant. If he gets seated, then I'm going to work with Roland Burris, just like I work with all the other senators, to make sure that the people of Illinois and the people of the country are served."

Nobama is a man of such great principle, ROFL!!! You dims have been had!
But he is still your President and a man who can affect your life in more ways than one whether you call him 'Nobama' or Obama.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Not at all...it's not trolling if your looking for objective comments regarding a topic. I can't help it if the dims are unable to be objective.

Nice try thou...

BTW, why would anyone post here if they weren't hoping for a response? If I am a troll then everyone is.
The only replies your silly post got were from people asking you to explain how the two statements indicated a flip-flop. Like a troll, you never explained. Feel like doing it now? Or...ever?

Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
I don't get the flip-flop.

Twice he said the guy is a fine public servant.

Twice he said the Senate has to handle it.

In Neocon-speak that's flip floppin. Like murdering 1.2 million civilians is a war on terror, restarting the bloodshed in the Holy Land is a Roadmap for Peace, a homeschooled nation is No Child Left behind, bankrupting the country is "fundamentally sound", torture is "harsh interrogation methods", and so forth.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Not at all...it's not trolling if your looking for objective comments regarding a topic. I can't help it if the dims are unable to be objective.

Nice try thou...

BTW, why would anyone post here if they weren't hoping for a response? If I am a troll then everyone is.
You didn't say the responses were all you "hoped" for, you said the responses were what you "expected." A statement that implies that you cast the question in such a way to get responses that met your "expectations." Casting a question in such specific ways would pretty much define trolling.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:28 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
I've noticed that Ridgewalker completely ignored the post which requested that he answer the question:

Quote:
"How is this a FLIP-FLOP?"
which is the subject of his original post.

All his follow-up posts were nothing more than democrat insults.

It's such a shame so many "repukes" are incapable of intelligent debate.

But then again ... they were entirely responsible for putting that idiot Bush into the White House ... so what else can we expect from them?

Last edited by RD5050; 01-07-2009 at 01:09 PM..

Old 01-07-2009, 01:09 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,718 times
Silly Ridgewalker....it's not a flip flop and you know it.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:22 PM

479 posts, read 660,914 times
The dems said that no one submitted by Blago would be seated, Nobamnation supported that position.

Nobama now says that he would work with someone he previously said
wasn't worthy of being seated. That's a flip flop boy and girls.

You can say what you want but in doing so your only further prove the fact that dims are obtuse by choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies