Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 02:36 PM

26,150 posts, read 48,830,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Surely he's the man to flush it out of Israel!
he'd better hope that hamas doesn't get their hands on him. . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,058,417 times
Wow, that wil be journalism at its intellectual best. Maybe a will be given a Nobel Prize for the novel he decides to write on Middle East conflicts. Can the bar be set any lower than this?????

Old 01-07-2009, 02:50 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,339,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I guess his plumbing business wasn't doing too well.
Heck, if I had the choice of making 200,000 a year with my plumbing skills, and going into a war zone. . . well, let me see now. . . hard choice, huh?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:28 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,514,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
Heck, if I had the choice of making 200,000 a year with my plumbing skills, and going into a war zone. . . well, let me see now. . . hard choice, huh?
Evidently, the choice made by Joe indicates that a war zone is preferable to a bathroom. As the expression goes, it takes all kinds. I would've thought that you're better off in a bathroom, where the likelihood of stepping on a landmine, for instance, is somewhat less than it is in a war zone.

When you get right down to it, his 15 minutes of fame went straight to his head, and now he wants more. I think this whole little escapade is just leading up to a book, or perhaps some ridiculous new "reality" TV show starring guess who?

Old 01-07-2009, 05:45 PM

4,156 posts, read 10,990,323 times
"Snaking the Drain: How I Plumbed Peace in the Middle East" by Joe the Plumber

Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,028,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Wow, that wil be journalism at its intellectual best. Maybe a will be given a Nobel Prize for the novel he decides to write on Middle East conflicts. Can the bar be set any lower than this?????
Why, yes it can be set lower. Check out ABC, NBC, CBS news.

This guy was not looking for the spotlight when old Barry came into his neighborhood.

The left is not the friend of the working man.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:00 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,126,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post
Why, yes it can be set lower. Check out ABC, NBC, CBS news.

This guy was not looking for the spotlight when old Barry came into his neighborhood.

This is nonsensical. It's three random sentences joined without a purpose.

Joe the Plumber probably failed to get his plumber's license (he never had one as I understand it) and now he wants to do something else to milk the spotlight. Time must be slowing down because I thought his 15 minutes were up months ago. And since when does he represent one side of the political spectrum? He's on video admitting Obama's tax plan would actually benefit him, so why does the right claim him, albeit begrudingly? Hope he does well whatever he pursues.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:12 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,686,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omle View Post

Oh, like the Country Club Republicans and screwball economic reactionaries of the right are? The Goebbels Twist again.

I know many working men who are leftists but I don't know a single one who belongs to a country club, the Chamber of Commerce or the Business Roundtable.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:35 PM

36,965 posts, read 18,926,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I heard Nashville was after Joe to record something, and I heard he had a book deal, and now he gives it up to go to Israel for a War.

War must be really profitable.

For some people, anyway.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:40 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,686,382 times
From wiki:

Past plumbing work

In October 2008, Wurzelbacher told the New York Times and Family Security Matters he is one of two employees of a small plumbing firm, Newell Plumbing and Heating Co. of Toledo,[13] the company he described to Obama as making $250,000 to $280,000 per year.[13] Wurzelbacher said that the idea of buying the company was discussed during his job interview six years prior.[11] According to MSNBC and Fox News, court records show that Wurzelbacher made $40,000 in 2006.[21] Dun & Bradstreet's report estimated that A. W. Newell Corporation, the full corporate name, had $510,000 in annual sales and 8 employees.[64]
As part of the background on McCain's use of "Joe the Plumber", several media outlets researched his professional plumbing credentials. One Toledo Blade article stated, "Mr. Wurzelbacher said he works under Al Newell’s license, but according to Ohio building regulations, he must maintain his own license to do plumbing work. He is also not registered to operate as a plumber in Ohio, which means he’s not a plumber." "Mr. Joseph (business manager of the local union) said Mr. Wurzelbacher could only legally work in the townships, but not in any municipality in Lucas County or elsewhere in the country." [65]
A detailed article in Newsweek pointed out that, "Reporters working on profiles soon discovered that Wurzelbacher didn’t actually have a state or local license to work as a plumber in the Toledo area, and despite Wurzelbacher’s insistence that he didn’t need one, local officials and building inspectors in Toledo insisted he did. On Friday, those officials said a letter was being mailed to Wurzelbacher’s employer warning him to get into compliance with city codes or face the loss of the company’s license."[66] Wurzelbacher's former employer, A. W. Newell, is licensed by the State of Ohio and the City of Toledo.[11][18]
An MSNBC article further elaborated on the requirement for Joe to legally work, "...anyone working under Newell should have a journeyman’s plumbing license or an apprenticeship license, officials said."[67] Local 50 of the United Association of Plumbers, Steamfitters and Service Mechanics, whose national membership endorsed Obama, stated that Wurzelbacher has not yet completed the apprentice program he began in 2003.[68]
Wurzelbacher has since stated that he is no longer employed.[1]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies