Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:22 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,544 times

Advertisements

I was 16 years old myself at one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 03:28 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
I was 16 years old myself at one time.
Don't you feel as though you had an inherent sexuality? Come on, you were obsessed with the opposite sex, admit it. My gay cousin pretended to be interested in girls for two years but we all KNEW he was gay, the girls were pretty much textbook fruit flies. He's out now, been with the same partner for three years, and he's happy. He knew it, he just wouldn't admit it. I think sexuality is pretty inherent.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:18 AM

706 posts, read 1,241,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Don't you feel as though you had an inherent sexuality? Come on, you were obsessed with the opposite sex, admit it. My gay cousin pretended to be interested in girls for two years but we all KNEW he was gay, the girls were pretty much textbook fruit flies. He's out now, been with the same partner for three years, and he's happy. He knew it, he just wouldn't admit it. I think sexuality is pretty inherent.
My inherent sexuality was straight.

By the way, what do you mean by fruit flies?

Old 01-10-2009, 12:04 PM

Quote:
My inherent sexuality was straight.

By the way, what do you mean by fruit flies?
And my cousin's inherent sexuality was gay. Fruit fly is a term I use instead of "f-a-g hag."

Old 01-10-2009, 12:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
And my cousin's inherent sexuality was gay. Fruit fly is a term I use instead of "f-a-g hag."
I REALLY like that term! Did you make it up yourself? The term f-a-g h-a-g always sounded to me to be too derogatory.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I REALLY like that term! Did you make it up yourself? The term f-a-g h-a-g always sounded to me to be too derogatory.
I thought it was less offensive sounding but still accurate. I think it's also supposed to be used differently and denotes a younger straight woman who hangs around with gay people rather than an older one. Also, my cousin told me that a fruit fly is capable of having a relationship with a straight guy whereas a f-a-g hag just sticks with her gays. But I use the term for people who might be considered f-a-g hags as well because it's a kinder term. I didn't think of it myself, I heard it somewhere but I can't recall where. It might have been one of my mom's friends who used the term but yeah, I think it's a pretty good term.

Old 01-12-2009, 09:19 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,348,814 times
Quote:
In other words, those who haven't dealt with the gay community don't really know that much about it, I was much more accepting of homosexuality until I actually started dealing with them.
This makes absolutely no sense...wouldn't people in California have MORE experience dealing with Gays and therefore be more accepting? San Francisco had an incredibly high rate of opposition to the pathetic Proposition 8 and a large gay population. In fact, the rate of Yes votes on 8 were DIRECTLY linked to the percentage of the population that was heterosexual. When you see that they are human beings just like us straight people, then you will realize that taking their rights away is plain evil.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Liberal, I'm sorry that you have had such bad experiences with those who called themselves Christians. A true Christian, while never perfect, strives to act Christlike.
Then how do you explain yourself? Christ would have NEVER been opposed the the rights of anyone, and certainly would be a hippie communist and not a conservative capitalist.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Exactly, it is only hate when people disagree with them.
No, it's hate when you specifically hate someone for something they cannot control. When you dislike all gay people simply for being gay, or all black people for simply being black, that's hate.

I dislike and pity you if you believe in fairy tales as fact and try to push them on us as laws...but I do not hate you, not like you hate homosexuals. I will not enact laws that specifically bar you from anything that the rest of us can do. That's the difference. But I will hate you if you're anything like white people in the 60s south who lynched people just for supporting civil rights, or I will hate you if you are one of the people responsible for the stripping of civil rights, because you're the definition of anti-American.

Old 01-12-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
There is no inherent sexual orientation, that too is a myth.
So does that mean you can be gay? After all, if there is no inherent sexual orientation, you wouldn't be inherently straight. Considering the fact that I got in trouble for fooling around with girls in Pre-school, 2nd grade, 5th grade, 7th grade and all throughout high school, I'd say I was inherently straight. If I can be inherently straight, how can it be possible for there to not be people who are inherently gay? I know there was a really flamboyant boy at my Sunday school who we all thought was "different" (before we knew what gay was) and "girly"...sure enough, by high school, he was a flaming gay guy...and he was a very religious person, he was active in all the religious groups. I bet you every one of the people in here who are in support of gay rights all know someone who was gay from the start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies