Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,605,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Prop 8 was a response to the aggressiveness of the gay lobby who bypassed the voters and got some judges to pass same-sex marriage despite Prop 22 back in 2000, which defined marriage as being between a male and female. Prop 22 was passed by a wide majority.
Ms Connie, it's hard to understand how you can live in California yet harbor such crude\ uninformed opinions about your fellow citizens! Do you avoid gays as "unclean" or is it just a horrible carryover of ignorant prejudice? Frankly, I find your posts an embarrassment!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 11:01 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,274,289 times
Quote:
Prop 8 was a response to the aggressiveness of the gay lobby who bypassed the voters and got some judges to pass same-sex marriage despite Prop 22 back in 2000, which defined marriage as being between a male and female. Prop 22 was passed by a wide majority.
What's the big deal? Why can't gays and lesbians get married? What business is it of yours, or anybody else's?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM

706 posts, read 1,241,123 times
Maybe MsConnie has had the experience and enlightenment of seeing things that we in the rest of the country have not. California is a whole different world than the rest of the country.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
Maybe MsConnie has had the experience and enlightenment of seeing things that we in the rest of the country have not. California is a whole different world than the rest of the country.
What?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:21 PM

In other words, those who haven't dealt with the gay community don't really know that much about it, I was much more accepting of homosexuality until I actually started dealing with them.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
I bet your eyes are brown.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I bet your eyes are brown.

What is that supposed to mean?

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Ms Connie, it's hard to understand how you can live in California yet harbor such crude\ uninformed opinions about your fellow citizens! Do you avoid gays as "unclean" or is it just a horrible carryover of ignorant prejudice? Frankly, I find your posts an embarrassment!
Don't give the haters any more respect than they give you.

Also: Some people are just nuts. You have to remember that.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetruth View Post
In other words, those who haven't dealt with the gay community don't really know that much about it, I was much more accepting of homosexuality until I actually started dealing with them.
Until you actually started dealing with them? What does that mean? You ran into some gays and/or lesbians you didn't like, and now you're prepared to reject homosexuality itself? Makes no sense. Homosexuality is a biological fact. And the fact of homosexuality has no bearing on the behavior of individual homosexuals.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Until you actually started dealing with them? What does that mean? You ran into some gays and/or lesbians you didn't like, and now you're prepared to reject homosexuality itself? Makes no sense. Homosexuality is a biological fact. And the fact of homosexuality has no bearing on the behavior of individual homosexuals.

I came from a town that has .02% homosexuals, I knew very little about the gay lifestyle. I was always kind of the live,let live type of person. That was until I moved away and started learning about the gay lifestyle. I have conversed with just about every facet of the gay community, and overall it was mostly negative. There were a few decent people, but the majority were just self centered, selfish, and totally controlled by their "sexuality"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies