Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 10:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

when you pry this KJV from my dead cold fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 10:22 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when you pry this KJV from my dead cold fingers.
Amen Huck!

Old 01-11-2009, 10:31 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Two gay guys getting married means the end of Christianity?
Somebody has a martyr complex.....

Right. why is your belief structure so frail it can't support equality for people? The religion preaches love to all yet the practitioners preach hate and separation.... you will be your religions own demise, you can't pin that one on the gays. Maybe I need to look again at the gay agenda.... hmmm nope, demise of Christianity wasnt there... I can bring it up at the next National Gay Party meeting. perhaps we can slow down on the recruitment in order to end Christianity....

Old 01-11-2009, 12:27 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,661,046 times
Default Well, if a woman is over 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Infertile couples are the exception and not the norm. I know some folks that were able to bear a child despite being infertile.
then she IS infertile and that IS the norm. Older women can't marry? Besides, what about fertile couples who don't want kids at all?????? Aren't they defeating the "purpose" of marriage between 1 woman and 1 man entirely?

The procreation reason is just plain stupid.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:19 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And think about the stigma for so many who get looked down upon simply for speaking out against gay-bashing. Dan said earlier that at his baseball games, the unspoken rule is, "Don't let anyone know that you voted 'no' on Prop. 8". It's kind of sick that there's still such strong anti-gay sentiment out there, isn't it?
Not only did I hear that at my baseball games, but I also heard a father saying that to his son while hitting the Pinata at a kid's birthday party. That instilling of homophobia/homo-hatred at such a young age is the real reason why so many are against gay rights...religion is just an excuse. Otherwise, Christians wouldn't wear blended fibers and wouldn't be mixing meat and milk. After all, Leviticus is used in the hatred of homosexuality and divorce, yet not when it comes to keeping kosher.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:24 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
then she IS infertile and that IS the norm. Older women can't marry? Besides, what about fertile couples who don't want kids at all?????? Aren't they defeating the "purpose" of marriage between 1 woman and 1 man entirely?

The procreation reason is just plain stupid.
Yes it is stupid. Many couples do not want children. I know of at least 3 couples who for whatever reason, do not want children. Should they now get divorced? Oh 2 of the 3 couples are agnostic. The bible is fiction in their view. So how do you tell them based on the bible they are wrong?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteynice View Post

all that needs to be said.
good one!

Old 01-12-2009, 10:27 AM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I think we are actually all going to be victims if things keep going the way they are. Not just gays! Not just Christians! Not just the poor! EVERYONE!

It is a known fact that the soon to be inaugurated "Messiah" (NOBama) already wants to take away our 2nd amendment right, and for all you idiots that don't know that, that is our RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. He also wants to take away the Freedom Doctrine, (RIGHT TO FREE SPEECH), so it doesnt surprise me one bit that he would also try and take away our FREEDOM OF RELIGION! And the sad thing is, his brainwashed followers will let him do it.
So you actually think he's trying to get rid of the first amendment, and that it would actually happen (amending the constitution takes more than presidential decree), you're clearly not thinking straight. There is no possible way that a man who taught constitutional law for over a decade would possibly be erasing the first amendment, that's absolutely insane if you truly believe that. And please, come up with a more creative name for Obama, the Nobama is way too cliche all it does is make you sound uncreative.

Old 01-12-2009, 10:28 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Not only did I hear that at my baseball games, but I also heard a father saying that to his son while hitting the Pinata at a kid's birthday party.
What exactly did he say to his son? "Don't tell anyone I voted 'no' on Prop. 8"?

Old 01-12-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
So you actually think he's trying to get rid of the first amendment, and that it would actually happen (amending the constitution takes more than presidential decree), you're clearly not thinking straight. There is no possible way that a man who taught constitutional law for over a decade would possibly be erasing the first amendment, that's absolutely insane if you truly believe that. And please, come up with a more creative name for Obama, the Nobama is way too cliche all it does is make you sound uncreative.
Its funny there are people like THAT ONE out there isn't it?
The cliches were funny at first but now just seem like a broken down record.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies