Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM

1,273 posts, read 4,402,745 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to the documentary film that Rick Santorum was supposed to be releasing? I am a big fan of Rick Santorum and I keep trying to find the documentary or information about release or production and cannot find it. I believe the documentary was supposed to be called Lions for Lambs. I don't think it is supposed to be that fiction film with Streep and Cruise!

Here is a YouTube commercial for it:

YouTube - Rick Santorum on Staying True to One's Convictions
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 02:15 PM

29 posts, read 19,497 times
Santorum had some guts as a common sense conservative no doubt, but his biggest downfall was his fealty to the evil Neocons and their insane unconservative wars and open immigration stance.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:26 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,394,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharmann View Post
Santorum had some guts as a common sense conservative no doubt, but his biggest downfall was his fealty to the evil Neocons and their insane unconservative wars and open immigration stance.

Santorum is a whack job. He was thrown out of office by a landslide in 2006 for a reason. Now, in an attempt to burnish his redneck credentials, he appears on Faux News from time to time.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:59 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I don't think it is supposed to be that fiction film with Streep and Cruise!
Those are two different films. One is based on actual events.

I looked for information on a Santorum film for you but found nothing other than a press release from June 2007 saying he was in talks with the guy who produced Passion of the Christ. "The planned movie 'follows three Iranian brothers who take disparate paths in their lives, including one who becomes a terrorist.' 'We're not just making it for 2008 election,' Santorum told Pittsburgh TV. 'We're making it because we think there's some information that the public is not aware of as to who we're facing [in the war against terror], and we think an effective way to telling a story is through film.'" - Yahoo News broken link via huffingtonpost via a blog

Old 01-09-2009, 03:19 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,899,935 times
A someone was bored enough to make a documentary on Rick Santorum and there are actually people bored enough to watch it? Wow.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,008,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
A someone was bored enough to make a documentary on Rick Santorum and there are actually people bored enough to watch it? Wow.
Actually there is one of those, sort of - about "the business of American campaigns," following the 2004 PA Senatorial race: Electile Dysfunction.

No, this is a question about Rick Santorum, auteur.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:38 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,770,870 times
How old is that guy. He always seemed like the 12 year old wearing daddy's clothes, smirking in the background for the photo ops.

Old 01-10-2009, 04:41 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,402,745 times
I feel that Rick Santorum was a great senator, he is/was too up front about his far-right beliefs, especially for a swing state like Pennsylvania.

Old 01-10-2009, 05:40 AM

36,853 posts, read 18,729,643 times
Santorum will never receive a more fitting tribute than the one Dan Savage bestowed on him by making his name a household word for many people.

"Savage reacted strongly to former United States Senator Rick Santorum's statements about homosexuality in an interview with the Associated Press published April 20, 2003. (See Santorum controversy for the details.) In the interview, Santorum describes gay sex as part of a class of deviant sexual behavior, including incest, polygamy, and bestiality, which he said threaten society and the family. Furthermore Santorum stated that he believed consenting adults do not have a constitutional right to privacy with respect to sexual acts.

Savage was outraged by these statements. At the suggestion of a reader, Savage challenged his audience to come up with a sex-related definition for the word santorum as a satirical form of political protest for the express purpose of "memorializ[ing] the Santorum scandal […] by attaching his name to a sex act that would make his big, white teeth fall out of his big, empty head".

After Savage published several definitions suggested by readers, a vote was taken among the readers of his column. The winning definition: "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex" was announced in the June 12, 2003 column."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savage_Love

Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
What ever happened to the documentary film that Rick Santorum was supposed to be releasing? I am a big fan of Rick Santorum and I keep trying to find the documentary or information about release or production and cannot find it. I believe the documentary was supposed to be called Lions for Lambs. I don't think it is supposed to be tha
The Onion has some documentary on Rick Santorum and his contribution to the nation's vocabulary. As does the Urban Dictionary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies