Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 06:36 PM

1,955 posts, read 5,266,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Buchanan pwns the neo-con RINOs. He is anti-war. You are confusing conservatism with RINO neo-con-munism.
Thank you. Pat Buchanan is probably the most maligned public figure in America whose detractors have no idea what they are talking about.

I'll agree that he has said some polarizing things, and his views on economics are often tainted by amateur populism, but on the whole, he's still one of the most intelligent voices this country has that tirelessly seeks to draw attention to the madness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 06:45 PM

9 posts, read 10,318 times
Just a few things:

#1 - Pat Buchanan is anything but a neo-con, I suggest the person who wrote that learn the definition of 'neo-con.'

#2 - The total deaths from Hamas' "rocket" (these so-called rockets are basically what you can buy OTC at the store in the USA with explosive attached) have been 16 since 2001. Yes, 16 deaths total from 2001.

#3 - Israel has occupied both the West Bank and Gaza for decades now. In the West Bank they have built illegal settlements which have thrown people off their land, homes, etc and restricted the ability of these people to create a viable state.

Is it only terrorism when a people living in abject poverty do it?

To understand this conflict, people need to understand groups like Hamas do not suddenly appear overnight. No, they are in response to decades of being ill-treated and kicked while they are down by a much more powerful occupier.

People with nothing cling to religion & commit attacks against people they view as the occupier.

If Israel has killed hundreds of civilians using the latest U.S-bought laser-guided technology, how can we expect Hamas to do the same with unguided rockets which go any direction?

The very idea that people who live in abject poverty are the aggressors versus a military superpower is absolutely laughable.

Old 01-12-2009, 08:21 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockproipi View Post
I like to hear how did the Jews took the their homeland back from the Palestinians after more than 2 thoudsand years.

I wonder if the american indians have the same right?
What homeland? Jews with blue eys and blond hair? Yeah right...

Old 01-12-2009, 08:31 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redisca View Post
What's cryptic about it. Saying that Israelis are committing a Holocaust means 1 of 3 things, take your pick: (1) It's too bad Hitler didn't kill all the Jews; (2) the Jews deserved the Holocaust; or (3) in any conflict involving Jews, Jews are morally obligated to roll over and die.
How bout This? Just because the soon-to-be Israelis suffered under the Nazis..They have the a blank check to :

(1) Terrorize the original inhabitants of a land which they supposedly have a claim to; a land which their so-called ancestors (i term so-called because 90% of them are jews by religion and not by birth)

(2) Humiliate the inhabitants of that land in whatever way they seem fit including using Nazi-like tactics, after occupying that land

(3) Inflict untold carnage on civilians without caring what the outside world thinks.

(4) All of the above

Old 01-12-2009, 08:58 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,470,414 times
Here are some similar comments from Buchanan on PMS NBC's "1600" show

YouTube - Patrick Buchanan - "Gaza is an Israeli conentration camp."

Old 01-13-2009, 04:00 PM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
What a load of crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
How bout This? Just because the soon-to-be Israelis suffered under the Nazis..They have the a blank check to :

(1) Terrorize the original inhabitants of a land which they supposedly have a claim to; a land which their so-called ancestors (i term so-called because 90% of them are jews by religion and not by birth)
Really? Back in the Soviet Union, was my family practicing a religion without even knowing it? My impression was I grew up without a religion, but we were categorized as ethnic Jews in our documents. What religion is that? The Nazis exterminated Jews on ethnic grounds, not religious ones. Edith Stein, a Catholic nun for crying out loud, was gassed because she was deemed ethnically Jewish. What are you saying, 90% of 6 million people were converts to Judaism who invited death upon themselves by refusing to come back to Christianity? And how did you determine that the Palestinians are the "original inhabitants of the land"?

Quote:
(2) Humiliate the inhabitants of that land in whatever way they seem fit including using Nazi-like tactics, after occupying that land
Yeah, like what? Death camps? Medical experiments?

Quote:
(3) Inflict untold carnage on civilians without caring what the outside world thinks.
Die and get maimed in suicide bombings and from rockets without "the world" giving a fig.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:18 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,597,244 times
Quote:

(4) All of the above

That's quite an agenda you've got there. I'd love to know what caused you to develop it. On second thought, no, I wouldn't.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I'm a pesky Jew who would consider the Gaza on a similar level of inhumanity as the Holocaust. What code am I speaking in?
1) God only knows.
2) How do you know what happened in the holocaust? Have you been there? On another note, have you been to gaza or west bank?
3) If you are Jew or not is totally irrelevant.
Quote:
What Israel is doing in the name of my people and my religion makes me absolutely sick to my stomach
Israel is doing nothing in your name. It is desperately trying to survive in an ocean of hatred.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,458,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnTfromPA View Post
Just a few things:
#2 - The total deaths from Hamas' "rocket" (these so-called rockets are basically what you can buy OTC at the store in the USA with explosive attached) have been 16 since 2001. Yes, 16 deaths total from 2001.
So what? Israel explained that is not acting to take "revenge". They are trying to rid gaza of hamas. On a different note, have you considered living in a city bombarded daily with inaccurate rockets for 8 years? Would any american citizen accept living in terror without his government protecting him? Again, it is not a ping-pong game where you fire a rocket, then I fire mine...
Quote:
#3 - Israel has occupied both the West Bank and Gaza for decades now. In the West Bank they have built illegal settlements which have thrown people off their land, homes, etc and restricted the ability of these people to create a viable state.
As in another post - let me ask - have YOU VISITED THE WEST BANK?
If so, you would have known that most settlements are not in place of arab villages. Israel used (it can be argued if rightly so) the lands that without arab inhabitants:
1 -no man lands (majority)
2- lands belonging to absentees.
3- lands purchased with cash from their owners.
4- lands confiscated for public infrastructure (highways, roads, ect.)

Quote:
Is it only terrorism when a people living in abject poverty do it?
Absolutely not. It is terrorism when you target people (non combatants) at random without discrimination. It is terrorism when you bombard a city for 8 years, for no reason. (Will Israel leave because of these attacks? - they know the answer, yet continue it).
Another example - the recent Mumbai attack is terrorist. Why? - because it targeted and killed people at random. The big question following the attack is - will India back from Cashmere? Of course not. So the act had no purpose except of terrorizing and killing people.
Quote:
To understand this conflict, people need to understand groups like Hamas do not suddenly appear overnight. No, they are in response to decades of being ill-treated and kicked while they are down by a much more powerful occupier. People with nothing cling to religion & commit attacks against people they view as the occupier.
I only wonder how Europeans and educated people elsewhere can support hamas? Did you ever consider that hamas is all against what liberals and intellectuals believe in? Do any of you know what the hamas charter is (not only about Israel, but in general?)
Quote:
If Israel has killed hundreds of civilians using the latest U.S-bought laser-guided technology, how can we expect Hamas to do the same with unguided rockets which go any direction?
Stop the war? - simple. All hamas need to do is stop the rocket fire and general violence. That simple. That's all they need to do to save these people. Are hamas interested in saving them? I guess not.
Quote:
The very idea that people who live in abject poverty are the aggressors versus a military superpower is absolutely laughable.
Can't a person be both poor and a murderer at the same time?

Old 01-13-2009, 08:51 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,956 times
Quote:
What's cryptic about it. Saying that Israelis are committing a Holocaust means 1 of 3 things, take your pick: (1) It's too bad Hitler didn't kill all the Jews; (2) the Jews deserved the Holocaust; or (3) in any conflict involving Jews, Jews are morally obligated to roll over and die.
I would agree that calling it a Holocaust may be a bit extreme, but I would hope you would at least admit that what is going on over there right now in wrong. The Holocaust was one of the worst atrocities the world has ever known. But is it right to add this to the list.

Quote:
That's the logical conclusion drawn from the poster's message. She describes the situation in Gaza as the Holocaust and claims both sides are to blame -- meaning that in the European Holocaust both sides were to blame as well. That's certainly not my opinion, but apparently she believes otherwise.
You are drawing to many parallels between these two totally different situations. Also, if you really want to get down to it, the Jewish people did in some ways allow themselves to be lead astray. They did not fight back when they were being told by their own people the Germans were exterminating the Jews. And when the realization did come home and some began to fight, it was too late. Was it wrong for the Jewish people to believe God would protect them or to believe in the humanity of the Germans. No. Was it wrong to not take action when they received information about what the Germans were up to. You tell me. Maybe either way they would have been overwhelmed, but atleast they could have put up a fight. Either way it was a tragedy that will never be forgotten, and this could become the same kind of situation.

Quote:
Which renders the term "concentration camp", like "Holocaust", meaningless rhetorical garbage. But the ambiguity has its purposes for you, I'm sure.
It is an area with a large concentration of people who are not being allowed to have the basic fundamentals of human survival. Does kind of sound like a concentration camp to me. But as I said earlier, I agree that Holocaust is a bit much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies