Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kereczr View Post
HAHAHAH, nice attempt to form a coherent post but buddy, believe me when I say this, you fail horribly. lmao

I could probably suggest a number of approaches for you to use in confronting another CD member about the posts they create. But considering the source, I would have never imagined that their use of the English language would be one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 12:58 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Wow! You've actually got a rational, open-minded view of human sexuality. You're a rarity around here!
Thanks. But I don't know that it's a question of being open-minded as much as it is knowing how to use a dictionary

Old 01-11-2009, 02:57 AM

1,140 posts, read 2,203,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I could probably suggest a number of approaches for you to use in confronting another CD member about the posts they create. But considering the source, I would have never imagined that their use of the English language would be one of them.
LMAO momonkey. I challenge you to back that up with ANYTHING. If you are just going to make up baseless insults in an attempt to appear intelligent let me return the favor! You're ugly and you stink. Oh btw, I can point out at least two things you did in the post above that would make an english teacher wince. I would also like to point out the fact that my rebuke of his post had absolutely nothing to do with grammar, nice try there genius.

Old 01-11-2009, 05:07 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,303 times
I know there is a liberal suburb of Chicago near my town that everyone claims to think has a large gay population but it is actually only 0.8% homosexual.

Old 01-11-2009, 08:38 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I know there is a liberal suburb of Chicago near my town that everyone claims to think has a large gay population but it is actually only 0.8% homosexual.
0.8%. Is that like a scientific poll? Or just a big one. Sounds like that's where the large swingers club is.

Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Thanks. But I don't know that it's a question of being open-minded as much as it is knowing how to use a dictionary
Trust me. Facts means nothing to many Americans when it comes to human sexuality.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:07 PM

968 posts, read 1,039,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I count two grammatical errors in this post.

Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 PM

1,981 posts, read 5,990,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Maybe in Oak Lawn Dallas, but in many areas like my area and other rural areas and smaller cities across the country, gays are virtually non-existent. This could not be if it were 10% of the population. Thats too many to slip under the radar.
Not every gay man fits the stereotypical image, nor do all lesbians. Many gay people do not live to be gay and let everyone know about it, they just live their lives and happen to be gay. Your coworker could be gay and you never know it. Just because he doesn't act catty, love Madonna, or any other horrible exaggeration of gay stereotypes doesn't mean he is straight. He may be hiding it or he may not see it as anyone else's business. I think a 10% estimate is probably fairly accurate.

Here are some interesting facts from the Human Rights Campaign publican on marriage equality.

-Same sex couples live in 99.3% of all counties nationwide

-15% of percent of the estimated 3.1 million people living in same sex relationships in the United States live in rural settings.

-At least one same-sex couple is raising children in 96% of all counties nationwide.

- The highest percentages of same-sex couples raising children live in the South.

Some interesting facts to think about based on numbers from the United States 2000 census.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:53 AM

7 posts, read 27,008 times
Just for the record Im bi she is strait she knows approves and joins in. Why do we care what the numbers are? Why is it any of our business who sleeps with who and what sex unless we want to join them. I hate the idea that we should be tolerant who are you to be tolerant of my life. We should just be accepting of all others period.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:58 AM

12,956 posts, read 13,673,944 times
This might have been already refered to but has anybody seen Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed, they have a gay and lesbian index for cities? is it accurate?

Last edited by Yac; 02-24-2009 at 04:43 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies