Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:37 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Buchanan. You know. The guy who pretty much allowed this country to plunge headlong into a Civil War that killed 600,000-700,000 Americans?
How did he do that, precisely? It wasn't Buchanan's idea to suppress the secession by force, which is what killed 600,000 Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
Bush was a failure, Carter got a bad rap because he had to face the mess of Vietnam/Nixon/FOrd as well as a huge Oil Embargo which was the main reason for the bad economy

Carter did some good, he put alot of policies to try and get us off our dependency on foriegn oil as well as looking for alternate energy sources, all these were scrapped by Reagan as he looked to cut anything that wasnt profitable for his corporate/war mongering friends

Reagan/Bush/Bush has been the Curse of the United States, Carter gets a bad rap because it is the GOP policy to blame everything on the Democrats

if you are an oil profiteers or a war profiteer or an otherwise corrupt fellow, then I apologize and you probably liked the Reagan/Bush/Bush presidencys

No specifics? What did Carter do? When did he do it?

No Carter did precious little because he wasn't up to the job. A few solar panels thrown up on the roof of the White House and telling us all the wear sweaters accomplished nothing.

They got this great channel on basic cable. It's called the history channel. Check it out sometime!

"29 Apr 75 - Last American soldier killed in Vietnam (the first was 8 Jul 59) The official American presence in Saigon ends when the last Americans are evacuated by helicopter from the US Embassy roof. Within hours the Saigon government surrenders to the VC"

Vietnam War Timeline : Vietnam War Statistics

So Carter had a problem with fuel prices, but GWB didn't?

Click image for larger version

Name:	zFacts-Gasoline-Price.png
Views:	14755
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	33947

If this is all you had, Why did you bother to post anything?

Old 01-10-2009, 10:11 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Carter = Obama.
Ignorant remark.
How can you say that considering Obama has not even had one day as president?

Republican hatred.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
As <fatchance2005> has pointed out, this thread offers a repeat of the same concocted balderdash that the same incurious poster has already seen debunked time and time again. Those who propose a 6,000-year old earth have better evidence in support of their claims than the OP in this case does...

Besides agreement with another liberal What substance do you bring? Can you prove what you say, or should we simply take your word for it?

What has surprised me the most about this thread is that my liberal friends haven't even attempted to prove my premise wrong. A few personal attacks in passing and that's it? I am extremely disappointed in you liberals. I've seen better from you.

Old 01-10-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Ignorant remark.
How can you say that considering Obama has not even had one day as president?

Republican hatred.

In one sense I agree with you. Carter was a sincere and honest individual who wasn't right for the job in a serious way, but he definitely was a sincere and honest individual. Obama on the other hand may not be so sincere and not be so honest.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
All this thread is telling everyone is what a horrible president the right wing thinks Bush has been! Think about it, who do they compare him too? Kennedy no, Clinton no, they try to compare him to the president that they have been slandering for 31 years saying how horrible he was, I guess considering how bad Bush is, maybe it's a good comparison for them!

Old 01-11-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicwriter View Post
this is all crap. I don't know every single fact, but from what i can recall as i was growing up, each president, regardless of party affiliation was worse than the previous one. So what i am saying is that it doesn't matter what party is in charge, SOMETHING will get worse, and whatever didn't necessarily get worse will not get better, and they hand it off to the next person, and the problems just keep getting worse until they are beyond fixing.

"I don't know every single fact"

That's why I provided the links.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:18 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Well regardless of your ability to stick your head in the sand The record of Bush will make him by far the worse president in history. If we are lucky the new administration will seek an inquiry and hold them accountable for their crimes. Your information on Carter is as warped as your views on Bush. If you will see Bush as good there is no doubt you have no ability to see clearly anyone else's record.
Regan told you all is good and you believed his lies. He was the first in the line to damage the Constitution and we no longer have the country of our founding fathers. I hope Bush is seen for what he has done and prosecuted. He is a blight on the American system.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:22 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Is that how "history will judge GWB", by comparring him to select historical figures?

Old 01-11-2009, 03:12 PM

272 posts, read 407,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
No specifics? What did Carter do? When did he do it?

No Carter did precious little because he wasn't up to the job. A few solar panels thrown up on the roof of the White House and telling us all the wear sweaters accomplished nothing.

They got this great channel on basic cable. It's called the history channel. Check it out sometime!

"29 Apr 75 - Last American soldier killed in Vietnam (the first was 8 Jul 59) The official American presence in Saigon ends when the last Americans are evacuated by helicopter from the US Embassy roof. Within hours the Saigon government surrenders to the VC"

Vietnam War Timeline : Vietnam War Statistics

So Carter had a problem with fuel prices, but GWB didn't?

Attachment 33947

If this is all you had, Why did you bother to post anything?

Carter had a problem with fuel prices because of the Arab Oil embargo, Bush had a problem with fuel prices because his friends in the right places were able to manipulate the prices to make his friends and family alot of money

As for what Carter did? Well he looked like he was on the right track as far as getting us more energy independent and less reliable on Foriegn oil, Carter Tried To Stop Bush's Energy Disasters - 28 Years Ago but then the Cancer of the Reagan administration came in and realized the profits for his friends were more important then the sanctity and well being of the average American
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies