Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 04:29 PM

37,749 posts, read 40,820,430 times

Advertisements

Presuming you aren't killed as a result of an attack on US soil or a US airplane, what will your reaction be if you find out one of the attackers is a former Gitmo prisoner releleased by President Obama? Will it make a difference if one of the deceased is a family member?

Now, let's say their home country doesn't want them after Obama releases them. Would you welcome them to your town/city?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2009, 04:32 PM

79 posts, read 230,523 times
Run, the Boogeyman is coming, Laura ...

Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM

5,408 posts, read 7,775,705 times
I am more concerned about all the pissed off family and friend of the innocent gitmo prisoners that may be looking for a little pay back. If you know what I mean.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:33 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,434,137 times
Maybe the same way as a WTC victims family felt about GWB not paying attention to the Bin Laden Determined to attack US memo. Or the Brownies warning about the levees. Or the first responders feelings about the EPA's air is fine proclamation. Or the dead soldier's family's feeling about No WMD's. etc etc etc.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:43 PM

121 posts, read 225,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Now, let's say their home country doesn't want them after Obama releases them. Would you welcome them to your town/city?
No way in hell would I want one these dirtbags in my city. In fact, they should have to register on a terrorist list. Kinda like the sexual predators do.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,461,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
No way in hell would I want one these dirtbags in my city. In fact, they should have to register on a terrorist list. Kinda like the sexual predators do.
It's good to know that innocent until proven guilty is really more of a "loose guideline".

Old 01-12-2009, 04:50 PM

986 posts, read 2,802,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT. SHLITZ View Post
When Obama closes gitmo, where are all these dirtbag terrorist gonna go? I agree I do not want them near my family. You can't tell me we have been holding a bunch of innocent good man.

Old 01-12-2009, 04:52 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,461,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
When Obama closes gitmo, where are all these dirtbag terrorist gonna go? I agree I do not want them near my family. You can't tell me we have been holding a bunch of innocent good man.
How would you know? Very few of them have been tried by a court of law.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM

177 posts, read 311,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
How would you know? Very few of them have been tried by a court of law.
How do YOU know they're innocent?

They were captured on the BATTLEFIELD wielding weapons against our countrymen. What further proof do you need than that.

Islamic-Jihadists hate appeasers, too. Kissing their butts won't save you from them. Ask the Europeans, they'll agree.

Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,725,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
I expect this attitude in a dictatorship, where law of the land is prescribed by the dictator. Not by those who believe in the constitution or international law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies