Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2009, 05:43 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times

Advertisements

This is another strange story.

Here's the link - Will Tax Troubles Derail Geithner? - Forbes.com (http://www.forbes.com/business/2009/01/13/treasury-geithner-obama-biz-beltway-cx_bw_0113geithner.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:59 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Obama tipped his hand early, on this one.

Timothy Geithner is his "pick" for Secretary of Treasury. But there's this little problem that he failed to timely pay his taxes, owed on salary while working at the IMF.

Title 22 USC Sec. 286a states that the "governor" of the "World Bank" and "IMF" shall not be paid by the U.S. government.

And in case you were unaware, the U.S. governor of the "bank" and "fund", is the Secretary of Treasury - who shall not be paid by the U.S. government. But shall be paid by the fiduciary agent for the "bank" and "fund" - the Federal Reserve Corporation.

And since Geithner worked for the IMF, you can be sure he knew that he had no tax liability, since he was not a "person liable". Now, under scrutiny, he has to come up with the lame excuse that the tax code was too complicated, and that TurboTax didn't warn him he owed taxes....

Does he think we're that gullible?

OF COURSE HE DOES. And Congressional committee members will rubber stamp his nomination because HE is the agent for the real power - the creditor to whom the U.S. Congress went bankrupt to in 1933.

The TAIL wags the DOG.

Good doggy, BHO, good boy! HEEL!

(Really can't blame BHO. Remember who "protects" the president. It's not the U.S. Marines, who are under HIS orders, as Commander in Chief. He's protected by the "Secret Service", who are TREASURY agents. And the Secretary isn't paid by the U.S. government, pursuant to law.)

==========
References:
Title 22 USC Sec. 286a (a) Governors and executive directors; term of office The President, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate, shall appoint a governor of the Fund who shall also serve as a governor of the (World) Bank, and an executive director of the (International Monetary) Fund and an executive director of the Bank.
(d) Compensation for services Appointments (1) No person shall be entitled to receive any salary or other compensation from the United States for services as a Governor, executive director, councilor, alternate, or associate.

According to page 494 of the U.S. Government Manual, 1993/1994
edition:
"In addition , the Secretary (of Treasury) has many responsibilities as chief financial officer of the Government. The Secretary serves as Chairman pro tempore of the Economic Policy council and as _U.S. Governor_ of the International Monetary Fund, the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Inter-American Development Bank, and the African Development Bank."

Bank holiday of 1933. Presidential Proclamation No.2039, issued March 6, 1933, and No. 2040, issued March 9, 1933, temporarily suspended banking transactions by member banks of the Federal Reserve System. Normal banking functions were resumed on March 13, subject to certain restrictions. The first proclamation, it was held, had no authority in law until the passage on March 9, 1933, of the ratifying act (12 U.S.C.A. Sec. 95b). The present law forbids member banks of the Federal Reserve System to transact banking business, except under regulations of the _Secretary of the Treasury_, during an emergency proclaimed by the President. 12 U.S.C.A. Sec. 95.
Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Edition, p. 146

Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Default Timothy Geithner Tax Cheat

Doesn't anyone care that a tax cheat and illegal alien employer will run the IRS as Secretary of the Treasury and that our ethically-challenged Congress will give him their seal of approval? Are they telling us it's okay to cheat on your taxes because Congress doesn't mind?

You know, every year the IRS makes it's employees go through ethics training. They tell you, you can lose your job for a problem with your taxes. How the heck can they pull this off when the joker running the place is a tax cheat himself?

I am so appalled by this, I can't tell you. Every lawyer who defends a client against tax evasion should now use the Timothy Geithner defense...and then of course add, I didn't mean to do it. Turbo Tax made me do it. And if you are arrested for hiring illegal aliens give the Oops defense and point to Timothy Geithner. I didn't know summer camp wasn't a legit deduction and then I just kept doin' it every year. If he isn't a cheat, then he's an idiot and still shouldn't be running the Treasury Department but the vermin in Congress will still give him a pass.

They say TV influences a kid to be violent. Well, does having an ethically challenged government influence people to cheat if they think they can get away with it? Hey, the next time you cheat on your SATs or buy a term paper, point to Geithner (or Charlie Rangel or Ted Kennedy) and say "Why are you singling me out for punishment when those rich/important guys can get away with it."

Blobblobovich in Chicago should say, "I only mentioned I'd sell Obama's seat. I didn't actually do something illegal. like say, the Secretary of The Treasury."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies