Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: I consider myself to be
Conservative 44 29.14%
Liberal 53 35.10%
Libertarian 18 11.92%
Moderate/Centrist 29 19.21%
Other 7 4.64%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,655,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
It's true, but leftists will never admit it. They say they're centrists.
Really? Quite a few leftists freely admitted it in this poll:

On social issues, how would you label yourself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 02:53 PM

272 posts, read 729,843 times
Why this need to wear labels?

I know the answer, just want to see who else does.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:06 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,477,170 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Swampwolf
Why this need to wear labels?

I know the answer, just want to see who else does.
Well, my theory is that people like labels because our minds like to categorize things. It helps keep things organized. It's also a lot easier to say "he's liberal" than "he's a centre left moderate with a few right wing tendencies" Then again it's just my theory.

I have an incredibly hard time defining myself. I'm pro-life, but I have some centre-left views, but even then they're only slightly centre left. Conservatives would call me liberal...Liberals would call me conservative, so I've just settled for centrist for now.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:02 PM

4,105 posts, read 8,285,577 times
Other: "Nuts"

Old 01-15-2009, 06:07 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,841,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
You criticize liberals for being nasty and irrational, and then you say that?
Alright, maybe it was a little nasty.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Actually Tom,as usual you are wrong...Although I voted for Gore and although I think he DID steal the election with diebolds assistance I still supported him as our POTUS until he started the crap in Iraq....Iraq never bothered us,HIS/YOUR party propped Saddam up,HIS Dad(a member of your ratty party) let him walk after wasting billions of dollars going right to his front door etc etc etc.... I never believed that it was anything more than what it was,a chance to make billions/trillions for crooked scab contractors...anyone who thought otherwise was a total fool.

As for the hatred towards right wingers by moderates and liberals.....You are right on the money Tom....We DO hate you and all of your little slimey neoCON buddies....You girls stood by with your pompous attitudes and your cheerleading uniforms on as Rome burned all around us...We hate your kind because our kid's kid's are now burdened with debt due to your imcompetence,quest for global domination and stupidity.Bush took a surplus and gave it to Haliburton/KBR for absolutely nothing and to Blackwater to kill women and kids....Our kids are coming home messed up from a useless war and are now suffering as the 'Nam vets suffered due to a public whose eyes are finally opened to the fact that this was much more than a war of choice,it was criminal.We hate you guys because for years you and your ilk have hid behind monitors and questioned anyones patriotism that didn't agree with your cowardly acts.Things were said by you cowards while you hid that you would never utter to another persons face while standing in front of them and our frustration towards your type grew stronger.You think it takes a brave country to kill a bunch of civilians Tom? You still believe that everyone killed over there was/is an insurgent? Can you even tell us WHY we are there Tom,what did Reagan's(another scumbag from your side of the aisle Tom) puppet do to us that made it worth what we've spent and the lives that have been lost?? More deregulation,more thievery of pensions,more lies,more scandal,more arrogance,more bankruptcy etc etc etc.... That's just the short list of reasons of why you detect a wee bit of animosity in our posts Tom.Get a clue.

And FYI Tom,I'm not a liberal except on labor issues,all of this is coming from a moderate so save your "liberal" left wing BS names for someone who cares.
Wow!
You're a Whacko!

Old 01-16-2009, 04:16 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,072,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
Wow!
You're a Whacko!
Thanks. And I REALLY do mean that.The mere fact that you think I'm a "whacko makes me feel more secure because it means we have completely opposite views and from what statements of yours that I've read ,THAT'S a comfort.

Old 01-16-2009, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Thanks. And I REALLY do mean that.The mere fact that you think I'm a "whacko makes me feel more secure because it means we have completely opposite views and from what statements of yours that I've read ,THAT'S a comfort.
Please don't kill me. I have a family.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:28 AM

2,667 posts, read 6,775,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
It seems like there are more lefties than righties here (and in the elections forum) Am I correct or mistaken? Does anyone else have this impression?

Mackinac
I think there are more people who lean left on this board. However, there are more posts that lean right on this board. How can that be? There are a few extreme rights who post about 50 million times a day, but I think naming names is against TOS? It should be quite obvious though if you just go to the elections forum ...

Old 01-16-2009, 01:49 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,580,453 times
I think this forum is slightly more liberal. But it is the virtual world, meaning represented by a slightly more younger and urban crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies