Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM

36 posts, read 20,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Walking in on my dad with my mom would scar me no more than walking in on my dad with another male.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:08 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,594,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
Bonehead? Listen retard, almost every single kid in America has walked in on his parents having sex at least once by accident. Now try to imagine that kid seeing two homos in action.

It's totally different in every possible analysis. One is normal, the other depraved and sick. One created the child, the other is degenerate on any level.
I never walked in on my parents having sex.

You're the one who's creating hysteria by saying things like, "imagine that kid seeing two homos in action".

You're really in the dark ages when it comes to homosexuality. I'm just glad that your view is becoming less common as time goes by.

Americans Evenly Divided on Morality of Homosexuality

Old 01-15-2009, 01:09 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,707,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is yet another reason why same-sex marriage should be legal.

Studies have shown that legalizing same-sex marriage leads to:

Less promiscuity
Fewer sexually-transmitted diseases
Longer relationships
Less depression
A greater sense of feeling valued by society, and in turn, increased self-esteem
Hm, well, since same-sex marriage has only really been legal in one or two states for a few years, I would be quite interested to learn about these "studies" that show what you're claiming.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM

61,289 posts, read 87,169,949 times
Quote:
Bonehead? Listen retard, almost every single kid in America has walked in on his parents having sex at least once by accident. Now try to imagine that kid seeing two homos in action.

It's totally different in every possible analysis. One is normal, the other depraved and sick. One created the child, the other is degenerate on any level.
actually to be fair, i know lots of depraved sick people that are straight.
signed a straight

Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM

36 posts, read 20,343 times
Quote:
I never walked in on my parents having sex.

You're the one who's creating hysteria by saying things like, "imagine that kid seeing two homos in action".

You're really in the dark ages when it comes to homosexuality. I'm just glad that your view is becoming less common as time goes by.

Americans Evenly Divided on Morality of Homosexuality
I'm in the Dark Ages? America is becoming New Brazil and these ideas take hold here. Go figure.

I don't believe it, but if it is true, it's yet another sign of the decline of America -- into New Brazil, the Blade Runner nation, whatever you like to call it.

America is not progressing, it's digressing. Maybe that's what the study is really telling you.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Are most black people raging full of VD's?? Of course not. Are all gays?? Of course not either. The point of the OP was not to be racist, but rather to shed light on rising STD rates. Like it or not, unfortunately, those groups are highest per capita in those areas. The problem is not race or sexuality, it is lack of education to protest against these issues regaarding STD's.
*looks back through the thread*

Hm, didn't see where anyone said "most" blacks are full of STD.

*looks some more*

Or gays.

I think it was said that, despite being a relatively small % of the population, these groups account for a disproportionately high % of the cases.

Quote:
Heck, to the OP as well, you should see any given health center of a college after spring break. Full of WHITE KIDS getting treatment for some kind of STD after a wild break, so it is not necessarily just a problem for black/gay groups
*looks back through thread one more time*

I didn't see where anyone said that white people don't get STDs.

Again, the groups mentioned in OP show a disproportionately high incidence of STDs.

If STD rates were purely random, you would expect to see 12% of cases are black, 12% are hispanic, 75% are white, and whatever leftovers there might be.

Likewise, you would see 10% would be gay and 90% would be straight.

This is not what we're seeing, however. So there must be something about being black or gay that makes you more susceptible to catching and STD. Is it lifestyle? Genetics? Culture? A conspiracy by straight whites?

Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,607,981 times
Quote:

I know of noone who walked in on their parents while they were having sex. I never did --- but then, my parents believed in locking their door and I was raised to respect their privacy.
Perhaps your interest in children walking in on gay parents having sex has less to do as a legitimate argument and more to do with your own 'issues'. After all, whether its two men or mom and dad aint nobody wants to see their mom on her knees

As to gay sex being unnatural because it cannot create a child.....well, fellatio certainly can't either and I've yet to meet a straight man who would tell their equally straight wife 'no thanks' on that one

Old 01-15-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Hm, well, since same-sex marriage has only really been legal in one or two states for a few years, I would be quite interested to learn about these "studies" that show what you're claiming.
The study I read about was done in The Netherlands. Civil unions were legalized there in 1998, and full marriage was legalized in 2000.

I'd have to dig around for a link to this particular study.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
So there must be something about being black or gay that makes you more susceptible to catching and STD. Is it lifestyle? Genetics? Culture? A conspiracy by straight whites?
Lesbians have much lower rates of STDs than heterosexual men and women, so maybe lesbianism should be seen as preferable to heterosexuality. I'm not being serious, but I am trying to illustrate the point that there's nothing inherently morally superior or inferior about anyone due solely to his or her sexual orientation.

Gay men have higher rates of STDs because they have more sex partners than others. It's not because they're genetically programmed for it, other than the fact that they are males. If straight women were as quick as men (hetero and homo) to have sex with strangers, then straight men would have a lot more sex partners and a lot more STDs. It's women who cause straight men to have fewer sex partners than gay men; it's not that straight men are naturally less sexual than gay men.

Culture does play a role, of course. Since many gay men see no problem with having multiple sex partners, the behavior is encouraged in other gay men; likewise, however, when many Americans say that long-term same-sex relationships shouldn't be recognized in any form, that also contributes to promiscuity among gay men.

It's ironic - and cruel: Some people love to condemn gay men for being "promiscuous", but when gays say they'd like to have their long-term relationships recognized by society, many in society say, "Oh, no! Can't do that!"

Old 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Lesbians have much lower rates of STDs than heterosexual men and women, so maybe lesbianism should be seen as preferable to heterosexuality. I'm not being serious, but I am trying to illustrate the point that there's nothing inherently morally superior or inferior about anyone due solely to his or her sexual orientation.
I don't recall anyone making that point, but thanks for your input.

Quote:
Gay men have higher rates of STDs because they have more sex partners than others. It's not because they're genetically programmed for it, other than the fact that they are males. If straight women were as quick as men (hetero and homo) to have sex with strangers, then straight men would have a lot more sex partners and a lot more STDs. It's women who cause straight men to have fewer sex partners than gay men; it's not that straight men are naturally less sexual than gay men.

Culture does play a role, of course. Since many gay men see no problem with having multiple sex partners, the behavior is encouraged in other gay men; likewise, however, when many Americans say that long-term same-sex relationships shouldn't be recognized in any form, that also contributes to promiscuity among gay men.
So what is it about male homosexual culture that makes them not want to wear condoms?

Quote:
It's ironic - and cruel: Some people love to condemn gay men for being "promiscuous", but when gays say they'd like to have their long-term relationships recognized by society, many in society say, "Oh, no! Can't do that!"
Part of society's problem with the whole issue is the how the gays themselves have tackled their problem. It's gone from "the love that dare not speak its name" to "the love that won't ****".

How is it that you (generally speaking, not you specifically) need MY approval of your relationship to make you not sleep around? I don't cheat on my wife...not because I somehow need YOUR approval of my relationship...but because of all the negative ramifications that go along with that kind of behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies