Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 12:00 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,517,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
You can't just come here and start throwing around you facts and statistics and whatnot...who do you think you are?
Moderator cut: Personal Attack

Are most black people raging full of VD's?? Of course not. Are all gays?? Of course not either. The point of the OP was not to be racist, but rather to shed light on rising STD rates. Like it or not, unfortunately, those groups are highest per capita in those areas. The problem is not race or sexuality, it is lack of education to protest against these issues regaarding STD's.

Heck, to the OP as well, you should see any given health center of a college after spring break. Full of WHITE KIDS getting treatment for some kind of STD after a wild break, so it is not necessarily just a problem for black/gay groups

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-15-2009 at 06:51 AM..

Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
This is yet another reason why same-sex marriage should be legal.

Studies have shown that legalizing same-sex marriage leads to:

Less promiscuity
Fewer sexually-transmitted diseases
Longer relationships
Less depression
A greater sense of feeling valued by society, and in turn, increased self-esteem

Old 01-15-2009, 12:29 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
yes AA is a big carrier. but that risk makes it just that more exciting for many.
you omitted the fact that AA is in fact 11% of the population and carries 50% of all AIDS cases nationwide. takes 90 days to show on a blood test, and no physical symptoms for 7 years.
unless you do a blood test you will not even know. then again if you know you may not care.
i have a dream.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:26 AM

36 posts, read 20,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
This is yet another reason why same-sex marriage should be legal.

Studies have shown that legalizing same-sex marriage leads to:

Less promiscuity
Fewer sexually-transmitted diseases
Longer relationships
Less depression
A greater sense of feeling valued by society, and in turn, increased self-esteem
B-b-but I thought all marriages ended up in divorce? I certainly heard gay-marriage enthusiasts use that one to demean marriage.

If married couples divorce so often, one could only expect that the gay civil union break-up rate would be higher. Any "studies" available yet? One thing is for sure, the gay unions will show a far higher break-up rate, and when these stats become available, the liberals will figure ways to dance around it all, like they do every other statistic that works against them. Probably, the stats will be suppressed in typical fashion as well.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:53 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
B-b-but I thought all marriages ended up in divorce? I certainly heard gay-marriage enthusiasts use that one to demean marriage.
Really? That's interesting because I'm gay and certainly have lots of gay friends - more than you, I have a hunch - and neither I nor anyone I've known has said what you said. I haven't even heard or read about it in the news.

Quote:
If married couples divorce so often, one could only expect that the gay civil union break-up rate would be higher. Any "studies" available yet? One thing is for sure, the gay unions will show a far higher break-up rate, and when these stats become available, the liberals will figure ways to dance around it all, like they do every other statistic that works against them. Probably, the stats will be suppressed in typical fashion as well.
Ah, yes, everything is a conspiracy, isn't it?

Although there have been studies that show what I've said to be true, I'm sure you'd discredit them unless they were published by Concerned Women of America or the Family Research Council.

Even if gay unions did show a higher divorce rate, so what? I don't know of anything that says opposite-sex couples have to stay below a certain divorce rate. If 90% of opposite-sex couples divorced, would we do away with marriage for them? No, we wouldn't.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:52 AM

20,335 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh My God! Millions of straight people are getting infected with gonorhea, herpes and Human Papiloma Virus every year ---- will those sex fiends ever learn?!
Millions every year? In the US? Where?

Old 01-15-2009, 03:54 AM

20,335 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
....i could do without the name calling however..
Ain't gonna happen when you state an unpopular set of facts or statistics. People that do that need to quieted down. and name calling is an easy and efficient first attempt to do so

Old 01-15-2009, 06:44 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,169,951 times
I understand that these sort of threads are dealing with sensitive issues, but please refrain from attacking your fellow posters.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:40 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post

Just because my fellow heteros have debased marriage to the point of divorce being so common place, doesnot mean that homosexuals will do the same.
Dare I say that homosexuals will no doubt value marriage far more then heteros do, simply because they had to fight to get it. Kind of like when the rich kid bangs up his brand new mustang that daddy bought him, while the working class kid saved his money to buy a twenty year old pinto that he treats with great care. Face it, heterosexuals have demeaned marriage in part because we felt it was a 'right' for us to use and abuse. And we did.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:44 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Millions every year? In the US? Where?
Here you go:

[SIZE=1]Sexually transmitted diseases are at an all time high among teenagers and adults in America today. In America, more than 3,000,000 teens become infected with a sexually transmitted disease (STD) each year.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Welcome to Adobe GoLive 5 (http://www.teenchoices.com/content/stds.html - broken link)[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies