Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 10:36 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
No one will find, any kind of reference, in any post I have ever made, that even hints at racism.

Now...why do you bring it up...again?
That wasn't the question. Here, read it again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I think that what Mike said was true. We're all scratching our heads wondering "What could drive such insane behavior? What could make someone focus so intently on such a losing issue? What's different about this President than any other President? I wonder what it could be?"

Well, TG - what is it? Why are the conspiracy theorists focused so intently on this President's birth certificate when that's never been an issue for any other President? Why didn't they demand to see Bush's BC?

Just what is different about this President?

Face it, Mike's interpretation seems pretty damn logical in the face of this idiocy.
The question was - if your reason is not racism - what is it?

Please try again.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:26 AM

25 posts, read 62,856 times
Truegritt,
Yes, I do believe the 'eligibility issue' DOES have merit.

Old 02-22-2009, 06:39 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feddup1 View Post
Truegritt,
Yes, I do believe the 'eligibility issue' DOES have merit.
I notice that you just joined this forum yesterday. I hope that TRUEGRITT is not recruiting people from other forums to vote in this poll.

You wouldn't do that would you TG? My side is playing it fair.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:25 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Default Ja

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
I notice that you just joined this forum yesterday. I hope that TRUEGRITT is not recruiting people from other forums to vote in this poll.

"Feddup" sounds very familiar to me.............from another board.

Old 02-22-2009, 08:55 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post

No, I did not, and would not, but I wasn't real happy when you pointed out the post where I stated the percentage.

I think you knew that making that information known could skew things.

Do you call that playing fair?

Let me add that after reading his profile, I like him. anyone who's hero is John Wayne is good by me.

Last edited by TRUEGRITT; 02-22-2009 at 09:17 AM..

Old 02-22-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
"Feddup" sounds very familiar to me.............from another board.
Austin, are you accusing me of cheating like James did?

Old 02-22-2009, 09:19 AM

Default Tg

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Austin, are you accusing me of cheating like James did?
I'm saying that I think a lot of people from another place have followed you here. They are such extremists that they got rid of every single moderate/liberal/independent thinker who was posting there, and then apparently got very bored posting to each other. You know you have a strong contingent of supporters there. And it seems they have followed the liberals/moderates/independents over to this board now, for whatever reason. My guess would be that they got very, very bored just talking to themselves! You have to admit that the extremist, confrontational "style" of their posts is almost like a trademark, Tg.

I don't understand how James cheated?? Seriously. I need you to explain that to me more clearly. As for you cheating, I think the "good ole boys" and the rosebuds have been lurking here on their own.......and popped in just in the nick of time. It's not you cheating. It's some of your "associates."

Old 02-22-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I'm saying that I think a lot of people from another place have followed you here. They are such extremists that they got rid of every single moderate/liberal/independent thinker who was posting there, and then apparently got very bored posting to each other. You know you have a strong contingent of supporters there. And it seems they have followed the liberals/moderates/independents over to this board now, for whatever reason. My guess would be that they got very, very bored just talking to themselves! You have to admit that the extremist, confrontational "style" of their posts is almost like a trademark, Tg.

I don't understand how James cheated?? Seriously. I need you to explain that to me more clearly. As for you cheating, I think the "good ole boys" and the rosebuds have been lurking here on their own.......and popped in just in the nick of time. It's not you cheating. It's some of your "associates."
To my knowledge, no one from the other board even knows about this thread. You were the only one I mentioned it to.

As to the "extremist, confrontational "style" of their posts" I invite you to go to any thread of mine and look at my posts and then look at the posts of the believers and then come back and talk to me about "extremist, confrontational "style" of their posts". James is Acusing me of cheating and calling me kooter, these are examples of the kinds of post that you say are "extremist, confrontational style" . You won't find these kinds of posts from me.

I have 5 people on ignore right now because they are not interested in debating our views they just want to argue and use vitriol, racism, name calling, and anything else they think will aid in their attempts to denigrate, bemoan, slander, hate, etc.

I don't mind when someone attempts to show me where I have made a mistake in my thought process, Cali did a good job of that with Orly, but Cali also had to resort to saying some very disparaging things that were not necessary. Again, "extremist, confrontational style".

You and I were like that with each other a long time ago and finally realized the futility in it and I thought we were past it. I hope we are but I get the feeling that one of us is drifting. If I am wrong, forgive me.

As to James cheating, he posted to everyone that I would quit posting on the subject if the percentage did not rise above a certain level and then where to find that percentage. It brings in unnecessary variables that can cause the poll to be skewed. I made it a simple question with simple answers and that is all anyone needed to know. I did state that the poll was to find out what the interest level in Obama's eligibility was but, that was it. Surely you can see the problem with what James did. I never said anything about it though until, he accused me of cheating based on a new member voting my way. He also insinuated that I was AKA Kooter with no evidence whatsoever, again, "extremist, confrontational style" don't you think? He also did these things after starting a thread about how we should start respecting each other, I don't think he meant it.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 AM

Default tG

I didn't say YOU were confrontational in your posts. I said that an extremist, confrontational style of posting was common at that "other place." You must admit that the far right which dominates that place are enormously confrontational, rude, constantly name-calling, and actually beyond extreme in their stated "beliefs".........

Someone else over there posted the address of this site, and it certainly seems to me that many have followed. That other place seems totally dead now. I would guess it would not be much fun for bullies and those prone to "temper fits" of verbal abuse and name calling to just have each other to repeat talking points to all the time. Those who "love roses" and some amazingly "extremist surfers" must be looking to find a fight somewhere else. However, I think on this board there are many very bright people who can easily point out the lack of credibility of their positions.

You are correct, Tg. You do not make those rude, name-calling, confrontational posts so common at that other place. And you continue to be polite on this board.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:08 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
TRUEGRITT - I see you are still avoiding answering the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I think that what Mike said was true. We're all scratching our heads wondering "What could drive such insane behavior? What could make someone focus so intently on such a losing issue? What's different about this President than any other President? I wonder what it could be?"

Well, TG - what is it? Why are the conspiracy theorists focused so intently on this President's birth certificate when that's never been an issue for any other President? Why didn't they demand to see Bush's BC?

Just what is different about this President?

Face it, Mike's interpretation seems pretty damn logical in the face of this idiocy.
If your reason is not racism, what is it? And why did nobody ask for Bush's birth certificate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies