Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 08:42 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
This video is almost a year old, do you have anything more recent that might reflect the current mood, like the military men questioning Obama's eligibility I have posted from just the last couple of days?
You cannot judge the entire military's perception of Obama based on the opinions of ten people. You are talking about 0.001% of the military here.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...Sh09wD96I82V80

Didn't see his invited military guests declining to attend...

Old 02-25-2009, 08:59 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You cannot judge the entire military's perception of Obama based on the opinions of ten people. You are talking about 0.001% of the military here.

The Associated Press: Obama guests include governors, students, military

Didn't see his invited military guests declining to attend...
First off, would you invite someone you thought might decline, and make you look bad. Second, if you did, and they declined, would you let everyone know? Third, only three from the military?

How about you telling your view of a second active duty soldier joining Orly's action?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM

I think that I won't believe anything until the dentist files a suit and names the so-called soldiers joining the case. They're disobeying orders and should be court-marshaled.

Ehren Watada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This solider refused to report to Iraq because he considered it an "illegal war". What do you think about that? Can soldiers just decide to believe whatever they want and follow it regardless of what they've signed up for? I think not, in either case.

Here's what a Veteran thinks:
VetVoice A project of VoteVets.org
Quote:
By publicly declaring Obama's orders not applicable to himself (Easterling), how can anyone under his command or supervision follow his orders? Similarly, will his actions suddenly inspire others to take similar actions or start refusing orders from their superiors?

I believe that Easterling must be removed from any OIC/command positions immediately. He has shown that he is so ingrained in a certain political way of thought that he is not capable of being in any position of responsibility, and that actions like his have an immediate and significant negative impact of soldier morale and esprit de corps.
From the comments:
Quote:
Article 94:

(a) Any person subject to this chapter who--

(1) With intent to usurp or override lawful military authority, refuses, in concert with any other person, to obey orders or otherwise do his duty or creates any violence or disturbance is guilty of mutiny

I'm sure "conduct unbecoming" charges might apply, as well as Art. 134 under "To the predjudice of good order and discipline."

Last edited by newtoli; 02-25-2009 at 09:51 AM..

Old 02-25-2009, 09:55 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Default Tg

Quote:
I do not always see what attacking the messenger has to do with the message. In Orly's case she is putting together a group of people who should have standing. What is there to debate about that. I have read all of the remarks about her and admittedly there are some questionable things but to my knowledge she has not been found guilty of anything, am I wrong?
At the very LEAST Orly is enormously unethical. Unethical, key word. She lies via omissions for one thing. Time will tell if she has crossed the line from unethical to other areas.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:43 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,208,930 times
Quote:
Another highly accomplished military man joins Orly's suit. The list is growing daily with people who have doubts about Obama's eligibility. There is a lot more on the Major General at this link.

Major General Commanding General Carroll D. Childers Joins Military Suit

CONSENT FORM
DATE: 24 Feb 2009

Attn. Orly Taitz, Esq.
26302 La Paz, Ste. 211
Mission Viejo, CA 92691

I agree to be a plaintiff in the legal action to be filed by Orly Taitz, Esq. in a PETITION FOR A DECLARATORY JUDGEMENT THAT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS NOT QUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT of the U.S., nor TO BE COMMANDER IN CHIEF of the U.S. ARMED FORCES, in that I am or was a sworn member of the U.S. military (subject to recall), and therefore when serving as an active member of the military, I would be unable to follow any orders given by a Constitutionally unqualified Commander In Chief, since by doing so I would be subject to charges of aiding and abetting fraud and committing acts of treason.

TYPED NAME or Signature: Carroll D. Childers
FULL NAME: Carroll Dean Childers
POSITION IN THE MILITARY/RANK/DATES SERVED/STATUS: Retired as Major General Commanding General 29TH Infantry Division VA ARNG 1999, 44 years service

ACHIEVEMENTS: Retired 38 Yrs DON Civil Service, RDT&E, several patents, 14 months in combat zones as science advisor (Vietnam, Persian Gulf, Operation Desert Storm), Oldest DHG of a Ranger Course (42), retired MG, married 50+ years, still ticking and kicking
You've revealed their own hatred for Obama. I thought Taitz was doing this to DETERMINE whether or not Obama was a natural born citizen for "the good of the country." Based on the above, it's clear that they just want to court to say he isn't, not determine if he is. There's a big difference. These people are just sore losers.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:48 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,214,856 times
Default Tg

Hey, Tg. Have you noticed that roysoldboy joined this board!?

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts by him in your thread as he has been your most ardent supporter on this issue for months and months! I wonder why he is so quiet about the subject on THIS board??

Old 02-25-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I think that I won't believe anything until the dentist files a suit and names the so-called soldiers joining the case. They're disobeying orders and should be court-marshaled.

Ehren Watada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This solider refused to report to Iraq because he considered it an "illegal war". What do you think about that? Can soldiers just decide to believe whatever they want and follow it regardless of what they've signed up for? I think not, in either case.

Here's what a Veteran thinks:
VetVoice A project of VoteVets.org

From the comments:
I do not know this for a fact but, I believe these two soldiers have done this in order to force a court-martial. It would then go to a military court where their defense can subpoena anyone or any records they feel will help their case. They have taken action to force a court to hear this case because no civilian court would.

If they do not get court-martailed then everyone should know something is up. This may be their thinking as well, thinking Obama will not want certain information getting out.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
You've revealed their own hatred for Obama. I thought Taitz was doing this to DETERMINE whether or not Obama was a natural born citizen for "the good of the country." Based on the above, it's clear that they just want to court to say he isn't, not determine if he is. There's a big difference. These people are just sore losers.
That's your opinion, but I can't find where he said he hated Obama.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Hey, Tg. Have you noticed that roysoldboy joined this board!?

I'm surprised I haven't seen any posts by him in your thread as he has been your most ardent supporter on this issue for months and months! I wonder why he is so quiet about the subject on THIS board??
Yeah, I found out a couple of days ago, he said FatBastard told him about this place.

Everything I post here on Obama I still post there so he reads all of it there and comments there. I guess there is no need to comment here again.

What do you think about all of these military people joining Orly?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:38 AM

What do think about those veterans that think he is a disgrace?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies