Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:14 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,611,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He has produced no such thing. As to the rest of your post, it's very creative, but there is no evidence to back up your claim. Of all the reports I have read on the issue, your claim above is a new one. Do you have any links?

No certificate of "live birth" is on record in Hawaii. Only a "registration". Not the same thing. He was born in Kenya, as his grandmother said, and he attended a Muslim school which was only open to Muslims and citizens.

Case closed. He is not legitimate. He is a usurper.
The State of Hawaii confirmed that he was born in Hawaii. Is that not enough for you?

Obama's Birth Certificate Verified By State - Politics News Story - KITV Honolulu (http://www.kitv.com/politics/17860890/detail.html?rss=hon&psp=news - broken link)

Old 02-27-2009, 06:16 PM

4,573 posts, read 7,475,923 times
Quote:
Oh, do you have some proof that none of the rest of us have? The reason I ask is that Obama himself has never provided such proof.

Barack Obama - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And there is a source to that too.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:17 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,611,528 times
Obama Hawaiian-born: Citizen for sure: The Swamp

Quote:
Seeking to squelch persistent rumors that Sen. Barack Obama isn't eligible to become president because he allegedly was born outside the United States, a Hawaiian official has confirmed she has "personally seen and verified" that the state "has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate" - meaning Obama was born in the Aloha state, and is therefore an American citizen.

"There have been numerous requests for Sen. Barack Hussein Obama's official birth certificate. State law (Hawai'i Revised Statutes §338-18) prohibits the release of a certified birth certificate to persons who do not have a tangible interest in the vital record," reads an Oct. 31 statement from Hawaii's Dr. Chiyome Fukino, who heads the Hawaii office that oversees health records -- including birth certificates.

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai'i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama's original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures," Fukino said in the three paragraph statement.

"No state official, including Governor Linda Lingle, has ever instructed that this vital record be handled in a manner different from any other vital record in the possession of the State of Hawai'i," the statement concludes.

Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?

"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."

Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,503,647 times
Obama was born in Hawaii. The long form of his birth certificate (ie vault copy) is with the Hawaiian department of health. This fact has been attested to by the health director of Hawaii. It is not in Obama's possession. What Obama has in his possession is the short form. And all that Obama is required to produce to meet the eligibility requirement to run for president is his short form, which he has already done.

Compelling Obama to produce his long form would be a case of double standard and a violation of the equal protection clause, since other candidates (whites) have not been required to show their long forms. It is also a violation of Obama's privacy. The long form is protected medical information (protected by HIPAA law). :: News (http://www.curetonclark.com/HIPAA_Privacy_Rule_Adds_Hurdles.aspx - broken link) You can't force people to release their medical information unless that information has some public health relevance. In this case, the call to release Obama's long form is for purely political purposes.

Obama should resist all efforts to have him release his long form since this will set a precedent for all future candidates who are minorities and have immigrant backgrounds to require them to produce their long forms, when white candidates are not subjected to the same requirements. It will be used to intimidate future minority candidates and voters to prevent them from participating in the political process.

The idea behind the Obama haters continually harping about his birth certificifate is really not to win the legal battles (which they will not), but to tar Obama with the stigma of being an alien, a foreigner, not one of us.....not white. He is not white enough to be president of the US.

Last edited by ndfmnlf; 02-27-2009 at 06:42 PM..

Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,503,647 times
Quote:
He has produced no such thing. As to the rest of your post, it's very creative, but there is no evidence to back up your claim. Of all the reports I have read on the issue, your claim above is a new one. Do you have any links?

No certificate of "live birth" is on record in Hawaii. Only a "registration". Not the same thing. He was born in Kenya, as his grandmother said, and he attended a Muslim school which was only open to Muslims and citizens.

Case closed. He is not legitimate. He is a usurper.
Okay so he is a Muslim usurper. Perhaps a terrorist? Is he a terrorist in your mind? Enemy combatant? Shall I conclude from your statements that you think he is fair game for assassination? Do you want me to turn you over to the Secret Service?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:33 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,390,288 times
Quote:
He is a usurper, and even his grandmother says he was born in Kenya, and she was there.
and a couple other family members too!

Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,248,660 times
The nutjob contingency of the right-wing strikes yet again.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:34 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,179,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You just keep posting "oh, looks like the military doesn't like Obama", when in fact, the amount of military involved in this is minuscule.

It doesn't offend me, and you say that a lot, as if you don't want people in here challenging you.
I don't mind a challenge but, I don't care for posters who tell me they know me, where is the challenge in that? Where is the debate in that? It is simply more of what the left has come to be known for, attacking the messenger instead of the message.

There are several examples in just the last page or two.
Instead of debating why certain active duty soldiers are joining a suit in an effort to find out if Obama is really eligible, you want to attack the amount of them, which is a cop out because you can't debate the why.

Someone went on a rant because I posted that Someone who said they did not care if the POTUS was from North Korea, did not care about the constitution. Do you care if the POTUS is N. Korean or a US citizen?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:47 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,154,006 times
It's good to know that most military/ex-military are not insane....

Openly advocating sedition, treason and terrorism Alan Keyes and Rick Santelli attack Obama.

By Gordon Duff, a Marine combat vet

Quote:
This pair of traitous buffoons, backed by crooked lawyers and dangerous extremists from the "soon to be indicted" Bush Administration, are declaring a private war on the United States of America.

Famous for their "all talk and no action" personal histories with no military service and nothing but "brown nosing" they hope Americans from all walks of life, from the dumbest to the even dumber, will arm themselves, load up their pickup trucks and head off to picket, perhaps buy lots of fuel oil and fertilizer or even more.
LUNATICS ALAN KEYES AND RICK SANTELLI GO AFTER THE PRESIDENT : Veterans Today - News for U.S. Military Veterans Jobs, VA Benefits, Home Loans, Hospitals & Administration

Last edited by meson; 02-27-2009 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: edit

Old 02-27-2009, 06:51 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,196,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
A regular Rex Sikes aren't ya? Would you care if the President was a North Korean and not a US citizen? If you answer NO, then who is being disingenuous?
Maybe saying no would be disingenuous. But stop deflecting. Answer the original accusation. Why do you care? And don't say it's for the greater good, just admit your true reasoning. Your candidate didn't win! You will NEVER be happy even if Obama's citizenship is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. All you want is for Obama to be declared ineligible and, I don't know, you want McCain to take his place? Just say it. Stop acting like some martyr who is just doing the right thing. We know you're doing this for selfish reasons. Like I said, stop deflecting. Answer the accusations I've leveled against you. If you don't, then I hardly think you have standing to demand that Obama answer your accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies