Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Hmmm - seems to me Dubya never released his full National Guard records...

Hmmm- seems to me Cheney never released any notes on his secret-meetings with the oil companies while forming (having then write) the Bush energy policy...

Hmmm- seems to me no one released any of the details of the reasons that Halliburton and BlackWater were selected for so many Iraq reconstruction and security contracts

Hmmm - seems to me that Bush/Cheney lead one of the most secretive administrations in my lifetime - even more than Nixon...

Moderator cut: Inappropriate
It is obvious that none of this made you happy, so why should any of us who believe Obama is a usurper be happy? Bush haters did their best to bring him down, so I think complaining about us not believing Obama is eligible is hypocritical.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-19-2009 at 04:13 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbob View Post
Hmmm - seems to me Dubya never released his full National Guard records...

Hmmm- seems to me Cheney never released any notes on his secret-meetings with the oil companies while forming (having then write) the Bush energy policy...

Hmmm- seems to me no one released any of the details of the reasons that Halliburton and BlackWater were selected for so many Iraq reconstruction and security contracts

Hmmm - seems to me that Bush/Cheney lead one of the most secretive administrations in my lifetime - even more than Nixon...

Hmmm - seems to me that Obama should release NOTHING to his detractors unless compelled to by law...

Moderator cut: Inappropriate

Hmmmm.....isn't this thread about Obama, not Bush/Cheney?

Quote:
It never fails but that any time something that can even be misconstrued to be remotely critical of Obama is quickly turned into a Republican/Bush bashing session.
I rest my case.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 01-19-2009 at 04:14 PM..

Old 01-18-2009, 07:32 PM

24,405 posts, read 23,061,247 times
Let's find out what Hillary has on the guy.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:43 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Yesterday, the ObamaDailyWaffles blog reported (http://obamawaffles.typepad.com/obama_daily_waffles/2009/01/alan-keyes-speaks-out-on-the-obama-birthgate-crisis.html - broken link) the law office of Gary Kreep, lead attorney in Keyes v. Bowen, requested, on January 15, the President-Elect’s collegiate records (see the PDF here).
According to the subpoena:
3. The records to be produced are described as follows: Academic and housing records of Barack Hussein Obama, including but not limited to approximately two years from September 1979 to June 1981
Unless an objection is made by the Defendants (as prescribed within the subpoena paperwork), these records are supposed to be produced on February 16, 2009 at 10:00am to Mr. Kreep’s office in California.
Since this is a deposition subpoena, my non-attorney opinion is that Mr. Kreep’s office is in the process of aggregating as much data as they can to continue forward with their lawsuit in California.
Update: WorldNetDaily also covered this story:

Do you know anyone who would not allow such documents to be seen if they are trying to get a job, unless they had nothing to hide of coarse?
Obama should ignore this request and ignore every jerk who makes this stupid, time-wasting demand. He should exclude them from his tax cut. They aren't American enough to deserve it. There should be a special Guantanamo for idiots too stupid or too devious to let this issue rest. The whole lot of them are either morons or Swiftboaters.

And you think all he needs to do is just jump through this one hoop.

The OP is the kind of person that is lampooned every night by Colbert. Doesn't that make you stop and think? Doesn't it make you a wee bit embarrassed?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:10 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
It never fails but that any time something that can even be misconstrued to be remotely critical of Obama is quickly turned into a Republican/Bush bashing session.

It would not surprise me that the longer Obama is in office all the records he has refused to reveal will be deemed to be so sensitive that they will be declared to be Top Secret and will never be made public, at least not as long as he is in office.
You should be careful about talking about Obama's use of the executive privilege when George W. Bush invoked that same right to keep investigators out of Karl Rove and Dick Cheney's dirty dealings surrounding Alberto Gonzalez and the firings of federal prosecutors for political purposes and the whole Valerie Plame affair.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Obama should ignore this request and ignore every jerk who makes this stupid, time-wasting demand. He should exclude them from his tax cut. They aren't American enough to deserve it. There should be a special Guantanamo for idiots too stupid or too devious to let this issue rest. The whole lot of them are either morons or Swiftboaters.

And you think all he needs to do is just jump through this one hoop.

The OP is the kind of person that is lampooned every night by Colbert. Doesn't that make you stop and think? Doesn't it make you a wee bit embarrassed?
Hmmm, this coming from someone who answered this "What do you hate most about the Bush Administration?" with this "Lack of care for the Constitution."

If you are such a constitutionalists, why don't you care that Obama is not a natural born citizen as the constitution requires. Natural born, being born to two US citizens, and on US soil. The SCOTUS has already delt with this in
United States v. Wong Kim Ark and Minor v. Happersett

Lastly, if you live your life by what Colbert thinks or does, it's cannot be much of a life.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:16 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,207 times
Quote:
Just one question if you don't mind and I would like a straight answer.

If Obama has nothing to hide, why won't he let these documents be seen? All he would have to do is release them and this would go away, very simple.
Um, excuse me? I don't want anyone looking at my college records without good cause. What's the relevance? I understand people wanting to see a grade transcript if you're a job candidate but giving some fringe lunatics all the information on your college career is not necessary. If someone is in an interrogation room and the police are using coercion to get them to speak, then that pressure could just be removed if that person admitted to a crime they didn't commit. The pressure and intimidation would all just go away very simply, wouldn't it? He doesn't have to justify his college career to you or anyone else. He's footing the bill on it and it's none of your business if he switched roommates his sophomore year or didn't get straight A's every semester. The burden of proof falls to you fringe, conspiracy theory lunatics on this one and you have failed to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless you psychos would be just as eagerly questioning McCain's birth records in Panama had he won, you undermine your entire case because your motives are entirely partisan. It doesn't matter anyway. Reasonable Americans, including Republicans who supported John McCain, don't believe this hooey and your claims that there is some great governmental conspiracy and cover-up just makes you sound like desperate freaks of nature. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it. You guys are desperate freaks of nature.

Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Hmmm, this coming from someone who answered this "What do you hate most about the Bush Administration?" with this "Lack of care for the Constitution."

If you are such a constitutionalists, why don't you care that Obama is not a natural born citizen as the constitution requires. Natural born, being born to two US citizens, and on US soil. The SCOTUS has already delt with this in
United States v. Wong Kim Ark and Minor v. Happersett

You are embarrassing yourself.

Quote:
Lastly, if you live your life by what Colbert thinks or does, it's cannot be much of a life.
Who said I live my life by what Colbert thinks?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Um, excuse me? I don't want anyone looking at my college records without good cause. What's the relevance? I understand people wanting to see a grade transcript if you're a job candidate but giving some fringe lunatics all the information on your college career is not necessary. If someone is in an interrogation room and the police are using coercion to get them to speak, then that pressure could just be removed if that person admitted to a crime they didn't commit. The pressure and intimidation would all just go away very simply, wouldn't it? He doesn't have to justify his college career to you or anyone else. He's footing the bill on it and it's none of your business if he switched roommates his sophomore year or didn't get straight A's every semester. The burden of proof falls to you fringe, conspiracy theory lunatics on this one and you have failed to prove your case beyond a reasonable doubt. Unless you psychos would be just as eagerly questioning McCain's birth records in Panama had he won, you undermine your entire case because your motives are entirely partisan. It doesn't matter anyway. Reasonable Americans, including Republicans who supported John McCain, don't believe this hooey and your claims that there is some great governmental conspiracy and cover-up just makes you sound like desperate freaks of nature. Sorry, but there's no other way to put it. You guys are desperate freaks of nature.
I assume you must think that eligibility for the POTUS is not good cause.

I don't call you or anyone names so please be kind enough to reciprocate.

I have to admit that I was unaware of McCain's situation until after the elections but, I can tell you that had he been elected and could not prove his eligibility, I would be calling for the same treatment of him as well.

Now, why can't I get a simple, straight answer to the question without being personally attacked, or Bush being brought up?

Old 01-18-2009, 08:33 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
He's tried to hide a lot of stuff from his past.

Not that it's going to bother the True Believers.
Careful now. "Hiding stuff from the past" is a double edge sword.

Are we forgetting about Strom Thurmond's illegitimate black daughter so soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies