Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
THere are dozens of news reports that quote Hawaiian officials as saying "THere is no doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii."

Do you believe this:

KPUA.net - KPUA Hawaii News - State declares Obama birth certificate genuine

Or this:

CAMPAIGN REPORT | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/services/content/printedition/2008/11/01/pebriefs.html - broken link)

Or this:

One crazy rumor put to rest: Obama was born in Hawaii « Later On

Or this:

State declares Barack Obama's Hawaii birth certificate is genuine

Or any of the links on this page:

Search
The conspiracists will not believe any of this, no matter what documentation is shown. They will, however, believe any whack-job youtube video that supports their cause.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:28 PM

17,379 posts, read 16,524,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Then why doesn't he just allow his COLB and college records to be viewed? If he does, this all goes away, right? If there is nothing to hide, why hide it?
Good question and part of the reason I don't care for the guy very much.

He wants to put our medical records on computer for some Daschle-like character to review, yet he considers his own privacy to be of the utmost importance.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:48 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
So, you're saying you don't want me posting in these threads that you start?

But I kinda enjoy pointing out the inanity, although it doesn't register with some.
Post all you like, though I don't know why if as you said, this is silly and inane stuff. I just will not reply to your kind of discourse from now on. You do not want to discuss our difference of opinions, you just want to make yourself feel good by disparaging others. I find that sad.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
I want to know if that is what happened.

I believe if I have to show an actual vault copy of my BC to get a drivers license he should also have to show his to be president

McCain had to prove it why doesnt obama

It really makes me question why he is paying money to defend these cases when he can put an end to it for 20.00

I'm not rich or a millionaire but I wouldnt be wasting money if all I had to do was spend 20.00 if I didnt have something to hide
You did not have to show a "vault" certificate to get a driver's license and more than I did, or my husband did (he didn't even have a copy of his BC until he needed it for a passport 10 yrs ago), or my kids did! We've gone over and over this stuff.

Quote:
"It (factcheck.org) is a project of the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, and is funded primarily by the Annenberg Foundation."

"Barack Obama was a founding member, chairman, and president of the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, which was also funded by the Annenberg Foundation."

Whatever label you want to put on it does not change a thing. This can be ended very simply, but he refuses, why?
Here we go again. The bc is posted, it's a "fraud". No matter what, it's a fraud if it proves him a US citizen to the conpiracists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Doctor signature and hosp which he was born at
Oh, give me a break! That's not on my BC, nor my husband's.

Quote:
Who was the Doctor, and what hospital? His sister said he was born in one hospital and Obama said another, so which is it? His Grand Mother said he was born in Kenya.

And here is why I have doubt about that BC on the net.

LINK
A step-grandmother who didn't understand English well, didn't understand the quesation she was being asked? Not his grandmother, his grandfather's wife. A half-sister, who wasn't even born yet? My brother could not tell you what hospital I was born in, and we grew up together.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You did not have to show a "vault" certificate to get a driver's license and more than I did, or my husband did (he didn't even have a copy of his BC until he needed it for a passport 10 yrs ago), or my kids did! We've gone over and over this stuff.

Here we go again. The bc is posted, it's a "fraud". No matter what, it's a fraud if it proves him a US citizen to the conpiracists.

Oh, give me a break! That's not on my BC, nor my husband's.

A step-grandmother who didn't understand English well, didn't understand the quesation she was being asked? Not his grandmother, his grandfather's wife. A half-sister, who wasn't even born yet? My brother could not tell you what hospital I was born in, and we grew up together.
When I hear a Kenyan Ambassador say that Obama was born in Kenya I have to think he knows what he is talking about, while you think he is a wack job. What would he have to gain by saying this? This is not controversial, he said what he said.

Why is it that what I find credible, you think is wack, and what I find wack, you find credible? Is there room in your mind to think that either of us may be wrong, or may be right. I just want to be sure, I want to know.

I can't let it go with just a piece of paper that is as controversial as the posted BC.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
When I hear a Kenyan Ambassador say that Obama was born in Kenya I have to think he knows what he is talking about, while you think he is a wack job. What would he have to gain by saying this? This is not controversial, he said what he said.

Why is it that what I find credible, you think is wack, and what I find wack, you find credible? Is there room in your mind to think that either of us may be wrong, or may be right. I just want to be sure, I want to know.

I can't let it go with just a piece of paper that is as controversial as the posted BC.
The Kenyan ambassador did not say that. You can look up the links yourself on this forum. He said he didn't know.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The Kenyan ambassador did not say that. You can look up the links yourself on this forum. He said he didn't know.
Go back and find my link to the audio interview and listen for yourself.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:12 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times
Quote:
Go back and find my link to the audio interview and listen for yourself.
Ambassador Peter Ogego says you're wrong. He was talking about President Obama's father. Whether it was misquoted or a misunderstanding during the interview is unknown.

Quote:
Kenyan Ambassador Peter N.R.O. Ogego is saying he's "infuriated" by a radio program's efforts to "misquote" him on the subject of President-elect Barack Obama's birthplace – but he refused to confirm whether Obama was born in the United States.

"I'm already infuriated by the whole thing," he said. "The radio itself had a cynicism to it. I didn't mind that, but to misquote me is unacceptable. They are circulating misinformation regarding Mr. Obama's birthplace."
Source: WorldNetDaily.

You are totally wrong, and insistently so. I've debated with you, and read most of the comments on most of the BC threads, and I've never seen you even admit that you might be mistaken on anything.

You are not in the least interested in the truth, and it's obvious to everybody except Kootr and a few other insane commenters.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Ambassador Peter Ogego says you're wrong:

You have not listened to the audio interview. There are a lot of back trackers now that they know that his birth in Kenya could be a problem for him. Please do not reply on this subject again until you listen to the interview.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Ambassador Peter Ogego says you're wrong. He was talking about President Obama's father. Whether it was misquoted or a misunderstanding during the interview is unknown.

You are totally wrong, and insistently so. I've debated with you, and read most of the comments on most of the BC threads, and I've never seen you even admit that you might be mistaken on anything.

You are not in the least interested in the truth, and it's obvious to everybody except Kootr and a few other insane commenters.
I could easily say the same for you and your feather and it is quite obvious that you do not read my posts. I admitted to not being up to date in a post I made earlier about a suit in Hawaii and thanked the poster for bringing it to my attention.

If you do not want to discuss our differences in an adult manor then I will put you on ignore with a couple of your friends. C'est la vie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies