Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:07 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post

First State Representative Joins Action!

Just in case some of you thought this was over, it's not.

More wonderful whackiness from the radical right!

Old 02-10-2009, 03:18 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Open mind???

Anyone that looked into this with an open mind ended up having to look away out of embarrasment.

It's not just Obama's money being spent on these pointless lawsuits, it's money that conservatives are spending to pursue this. Because they are not pursuing this with an open mind, they are obsessed. Their minds are closed to any rational discussion.

The facts are clear----Obama was born to an American mother and a Kenyan father. That's accepted by everyone isn't it?

Obama was born in Hawaii. The state of Hawaii has reaffirmed that they have records confirming this and that the records are true, original, valid, etc. The birth announcement in the newspaper has been found. So either the state officials in Hawaii are involved in a massive conspiracy, or Obama was born in Hawaii.

While the Constitution mandates natural-born, it does not define natural-born. The legislature has attempted to qualify natural-born in various amendments, generally expanding the classification so that children of servicemen and other Americans performing government functions can be considered natural-born. Thus we had McCain running for President. The courts have not weighed in on this issue, despite TrueGrit's fervent searches. In the past we've had Presidents in the same exact position of Obama, which is to say one American parent, born on American soil. The legal presumption would be that if they were qualified as President, then so is Obama.

The issues about his childhood, and what religion he practiced when, have nothing to do with his citizenship status. His academic records have nothing to do with his citizenship status. His security clearance with the FBI have nothing to do with his citizenship status. The laws of other nations do not sway the State Department in regards to American citizenship. If Kenya or China or Afghanistan wish to confer the privileges of their citizenship upon you, the United States does not care. The United States is only concerned with the laws of the United States, not the customs or laws of other nations.

The federal government long ago accepted him as a natural-born citizen. They issued him a passport, one must presume that is was based on his birth certificate in Hawaii, because otherwise the State Department, the one other the Bush Administration umbrella, would have been able to dispute his natural-born status, and they did not.

He has a drivers' license. He had to bring along his birth certificate when that was issued. So Hawaii, California, New York, Illinois, Massachusetts, somewhere along the line at least one of these states, if not several, have accepted his Hawaii birth certificate as genuine.

Finally, if he wasn't born in Hawaii, when did this conspiracy start? When he was a baby, a child of a white mother and a black father in the 1960's? Yes, I'm sure they had visions of their child growing up to be President. Not. Later on, when Obama was in high school, and didn't even have any specific career goals? When did someone sit down and say, I think he could be President, we should defraud the American people? If you're going to have a conspiracy, you've got to have a starting point.
None of this explains why he has everything sealed and he fights every suit. If there is nothing to hide, why hide it? I have read answers to this question that range from "he does not have to" to "even if he did, the disbelievers would not believe it anyway", to this I say, show it, and give us a chance, what's the worst that could happen? We all know the answer to that question and that is why everything remains sealed.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:23 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
How is a state representative suing Obama any different from Berg or the others suing Obama? Why do you expect a different outcome?
Only that someone within the government it taking notice and that may lead to other elected officials getting involved. The hope is that if enough of these kind of people take notice and become part of these suits that eventually one will be heard and we can get to the real truth one way or the other.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
None of this explains why he has everything sealed and he fights every suit. If there is nothing to hide, why hide it? I have read answers to this question that range from "he does not have to" to "even if he did, the disbelievers would not believe it anyway", to this I say, show it, and give us a chance, what's the worst that could happen? We all know the answer to that question and that is why everything remains sealed.
When smoke gets in your eyes......

Earlier post:
And to all these posts about why Obama won't just produce his birth certificate.

Your argument is based on the old, where there's smoke, there's fire theory. The problem with that is that where there's smoke, sometimes there's fire. And sometimes it's just smoke.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:33 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
If I were President, and I had a bunch of dumb-as-rocks wackaloons pestering me about my birth certificate -- I'd let them. Better than having those idiots moving on to the next thing they can think of to try and gum up the works. If I've got to have a couple lawyers on retainer to deal with them, why not let them huff and puff for 8 years on something so totally stupid and without merit that they never accomplish anything except for making themselves look like the crazy numbnuts that they are. It's a perfect solution.

Remember: President Obama is smarter than you.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,706 times
Somebody should have run that letter through a grammar check. (especially for court papers )

Quote:
I agree to be one of the plantiff's in a legal action

Old 02-10-2009, 03:58 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,707,497 times
Quote:
Only that someone within the government it taking notice and that may lead to other elected officials getting involved. The hope is that if enough of these kind of people take notice and become part of these suits that eventually one will be heard and we can get to the real truth one way or the other.
The fact that the guy is a state reprsentative from Tennessee will have no bearing on the question of standing.

Moreover, as has been pointed out like 1,000 times on here, at this point the only way you're going to get rid of Obama is for Congress to impeach him. Good luck with that.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
He has not sealed a ******* thing! His birth records are not accessible to the public; neither are yours or mine. Ditto school records, a list of his former law clients, or any other such records. The records he has released have been deemed "fraudulent" by the conspiracy folks. He has released a bc which received the above treatment.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Why call people with different views from you childish names?

Here is just a little more information that makes things look like the dam is about to give way.

Rep. Gohmert Believes “Whole Truth will Eventually be Public” on Presidential Eligibility
Don't you know it is a very "Clever" thing to do!

Old 02-10-2009, 06:56 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times
Orly Taitz has been discredited as a near fraud. I am not searching for the threads, but I have read plenty on her on the threads on this forum to know that she is doing this for money and notoriety. She doesn't have a prayer of getting anything done. Isn't she the dentist that practices law part time?

Give it up. I can't believe thread after thread after thread after thread exists on this topic. Every time... "this is the case that will make it!" And it never does.

I am about to think that the enitire economic meltdown is because of the money wasted on these frivolous lawsuits. (Sarcasm)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies