Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What did you hate most about the Bush Administration?
War in Iraq 27 46.55%
Lack of care during Katrina 2 3.45%
Lack of care for the poor and middle class(tax breaks for the wealthy) 17 29.31%
Other 12 20.69%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 02:00 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesAbilene View Post
That is the odd thing about the last few years. The champion of the conservatives has expanded big government, the deficit, and government spending. The alleged "most liberal senator in the USA" has shown a conservative bent in many areas.
Bush is not the champion of the conservatives. Just the opposite, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 02:01 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Bush is not the champion of the conservatives. Just the opposite, actually.
I really did not say that correctly. Bush was expected to be the champion of the conservatives, but he was not. Obama was expected to be uber-liberal. He is not, so far.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:02 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The third option is inaccurate.
Bush has actually spent more on social programs than Clinton did.

And, the wealthy paid more in taxes in 2006 than they did in 2000...

Taxes paid by the top 1%:
2006------ 39.89%
2000------ 37.42%

Source: Internal Revenue Service
Thanks for the info FLEET

Old 01-17-2009, 02:36 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Hate. Hate?

What do I HATE about the Bush administration?

Hmmm... I don't hate that he kept us safe.

I think I hate Burger King.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:40 PM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
I think that since it's so important to Democrats to "HATE";

It might come in handy to remind them that Nixon is also a target.

Keep telling us how bad Republicans are. You're all living on a cocaine like high.

But idiocy has no bounds.

If anyone is corrupt, ( and Bush is not ) it is Pelosi, Barney Frank, Harry Reid, Hillary and Al Franken.

You got what you wished for.

Every one of them will screw America.
Most democrats and liberals are full of hate, that's what they do best.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:42 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,867 times
I don't believe that either side has a monopoly on hate. It is both the far right wingers and the far left wingers who spew the most hate. Both sides are guilty. Most of us are centrists, leaning just a little right or left. I suspect that we could all come to a meeting of the minds if we just ignored the extremists on either side.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:45 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,311,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
My life has been great the past 8 years with Bush as the president...but my life has been good with any past president. I feel bad that you all have been having a miserable time...sad that some of you are so angry and unhappy. Not good to have all this hate....I can't believe there is a thread being started and a poll being done on the level of hate you have for one man who has probably has done nothing to any of you personally.
Life must be great on planet Mars...

Old 01-17-2009, 02:48 PM

404 posts, read 560,975 times
Quote:
I don't believe that either side has a monopoly on hate. It is both the far right wingers and the far left wingers who spew the most hate. Both sides are guilty. Most of us are centrists, leaning just a little right or left. I suspect that we could all come to a meeting of the minds if we just ignored the extremists on either side.
I agree, this is a very fair statement.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:56 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
James, I agree with you, except......

If you lean to one side just a little bit, then Code Pink will be up your ars, and PETA. If you lean the other way, kids won't get free condoms at school.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM

4,688 posts, read 10,106,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You people really need to let it go. Damn seek some professional help, your hatred is unhealthy and frankly down right scary.
Say that to the hundreds of thousands of people whose family members are dead because of this dimwit's decisions. Or the millions more who are in poverty now than were in 2000.

His record is an absolute disaster, he is a failure, and the few dead-enders who still can't face reality grow smaller by the day. Frankly, if you can't see why people would be angry because of how much worse this country is 8 years after he inherited it, you are the one who should seek professional help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies