Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is America evil?
Yes 47 29.56%
No 112 70.44%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 06:03 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostdestroyedlife View Post
Corporations who messed up get trillions in hand outs, Iraq war started on lies and tons of people got rich off of it

There is no level of deceny left in America, the wealthy corrupt Republicans want you to put your head in the Bible because they know it is garbage and they want you to remain stupid

has America always been evil or has it just been the last 8 years?

I used to be proud to be an American, I used to think America was the greatest place on earth, now I only wish I got out of this diseased land when W was announced president again back in 04

Where do I start. We are the country that gives the most money to OTHER countries to help with hunger, disease, poverty, etc. We are the first country to help out when OTHER countries have a natural disaster, we lost hundreds of thousands of men and woman to wars that helped OTHER countries.

As for wealthy politicians have you heard of

Clinton = millionaire
Corzine = millionaire
Kerry = millionaire
Edwards = millionaire
Reid = millionaire

I can go on if you'd like.

So NO we are NOT an evil country and please feel free to leave!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 06:14 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,481,288 times
Quote:
Corporations who messed up get trillions in hand outs, Iraq war started on lies and tons of people got rich off of it

There is no level of deceny left in America, the wealthy corrupt Republicans want you to put your head in the Bible because they know it is garbage and they want you to remain stupid

I used to be proud to be an American, I used to think America was the greatest place on earth, now I only wish I got out of this diseased land when W was announced president again back in 04
No, America is not an evil country by no stretch.

A few bad seeds tend to ruin it for the majority. Same principle can be applied in all aspects of life.

Those bad seeds, whether willfully ignorant of blatantly arrogant, do great harm for America in setting forth a bad example for nations in general.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:25 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,342 times
Quote:

No, America is not an evil country. The word evil for me conjures images of demonic mayhem, a place where all morals are forgotten and all is lost except war and suffering. Thankfully,this is not the America I live in, yet.

Sure, we tend to elect our least trust-worthy citizens to govern us, but the thing is they never really represent what the citizens of this country want. They act on their own agendas and thus their actions cannot be blamed on the populace. We vote for which ever liar makes us believe their story. It's not our fault, it is just how our currently broken system runs. When we are fed nothing but liars, how can we break the trend without hitting the reset button. Our representatives may have "evil" tendencies at times but that certainly cannot condemn us all. We are essentially good people, and I know this because I see it in my everyday life.

So no, I don't think we are evil. We are just being guided by people who do not have the same concerns as our own. So they do what they want and we are just along for the ride. If anything, we are a wonderful people. We just need to put a leash on our government and make them start doing their jobs and listening to what we have to say.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:30 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,326,555 times
Quote:

Why didn't you move?

Old 01-16-2009, 06:33 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i believe in america. i believe in the ideals that made the country that were an extension of the french ideals and still are. however somewhere somehow down the road john wayne became marie antoinette.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:35 PM

272 posts, read 407,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
Where do I start. We are the country that gives the most money to OTHER countries to help with hunger, disease, poverty, etc. We are the first country to help out when OTHER countries have a natural disaster, we lost hundreds of thousands of men and woman to wars that helped OTHER countries.

As for wealthy politicians have you heard of

Clinton = millionaire
Corzine = millionaire
Kerry = millionaire
Edwards = millionaire
Reid = millionaire

I can go on if you'd like.

So NO we are NOT an evil country and please feel free to leave!

difference is rich democrats usually look out for the lower and middle classes while rich republicans look out for their own

Old 01-16-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Why didn't you move?

I dont know, cuz I had a dog, cuz I cared what my stupid friends thought, I wish I could go back 4 years

Old 01-16-2009, 06:43 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Why didn't you move?
Indeed!

I can't understand why these people who hate America so much, don't just pack up their crap and head out.

Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
Indeed!

I can't understand why these people who hate America so much, don't just pack up their crap and head out.

well now I cant, if I could go back a year I would

Old 01-16-2009, 07:00 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
Quote:
well now I cant, if I could go back a year I would
Right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies