Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2009, 02:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times

Advertisements

But it only took a thumb....arrow or missile...a sword....a cannon....a nuclear bomb...

Each subsequent little change has an equal and opposite reaction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 02:08 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Well if you've been to that website then are the questions the author posted there valid? I mean something like :
Is it true that thousands of complex life forms appeared simultaneously and with no forerunners during the Cambrian Period?

- Yes. Known as the "biological Big Bang," this shows that living things appear suddenly in fossil strata dating back 530 million years, without undergoing any evolutionary process.

The so-called Evolution Theory camp cant come up with 1 decent argument to the statement above. So its not a lame website. What it does is it offers an alternative view
Here's a real scientific website. From a real biologist. Who know all about these lame attempts to discredit Evolution using the "Cambrian Explosion" example.....Read it...And you'll know what poppycock your website is.

Pharyngula: The Cambrian as an evolutionary exemplar

Old 01-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Default Or...

https://genographic.nationalgeograph.../en/index.html

That will tell ya the order in which it happened. A continual process improvement program.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:12 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
https://genographic.nationalgeograph.../en/index.html

That will tell ya the order in which it happened. A continual process improvement program.
I do know that I'm not descended from apes and regarding 'real' scientific website vs 'poppycock' ones..I'm still not convinced because the 'poppycock' site do have valid questions and statements which 'scientific' ones have no answers to

Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM

http://www.wsu.edu

Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
I do know that I'm not descended from apes
I don't think you get it.

We are all decedents of one spectacular event. Some call us a virus, organism, infection...whatever.

Only the strong survive doesn't mean just physically. In fact physical strength alone doesn't do much good....but substitute objective thinking in and a whole new world comes alive

Old 01-18-2009, 02:14 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,786,757 times
The only "debate" about evolution is in the social arena...and I don't even validate people who want to debate evolution with me.
In the scientific community, there is no debate.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,976,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveTodayLez08 View Post
The only "debate" about evolution is in the social arena...and I don't even validate people who want to debate evolution with me.
In the scientific community, there is no debate.
Very true. It's the evangelicals that have the most problem with it. Because they insist the Bible is the world of God and that it must be literally true. Hence we get their "museums" with pictures of cavemen riding on the backs of Brontosaurus...LOL

And little kids running around playing with small raptors... http://timesonline.typepad.com/photo..._dinosaurs.jpg

http://www.gw-1.com/blog/files/jesus...a_dinosaur.jpg

This country is sooooo screwed.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,349 times
Ahhh...I get it...i think...pardon me if im wrong because English is not my mother tongue
Religion has no place in this debate..which is true if the reference point was the bible because of its numerous errors but then im not christian so i don't get sucked down by all the unscientific errors in it

Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianAmericanInTexas View Post
Saganista,
The message board format that we're communicating with only permits the conversational tools of summary, rhetoric, and polemic. A truly detailed account of how the evidence in the fields of microbiology, genetics, and archaeology runs counter to modern evolutionary theory would require nothing short of an entire book, which makes such an endeavor innapropriate to a forum such as this.
I'm fortunate then. I can again sum up rebuttal to your supposed arguments in just a few words: all talk, no show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies