Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 03:52 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,567,034 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Evolution is a theory not fact, the bible is also theory and part history. All of which can be considered up for debate. Nothing is impossible, I think the sooner both sides accept their is more to life then how we got here from a god or a monkey we are all human. The concept of life and death and our origin will always be debated and it was always be unknown. Of course that all depends on who controls the information in the future and the human race ever becomes a slave to a system of control.
A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. The word theory is not used in science as it is in laymans jargon. So, for all intents and purposes the 'theory' of evolution is indeed a fact. Also, there is a difference between evolution and abiogenesis, which is how life originated. Also, if people will never stop studying these things because mans thirst for knowledge is far too strong, and I for one support that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2009, 03:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,379,267 times
  • From Dinosaur to Turkey Feb 8 8P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3002/Overview - broken link)
  • When Whales Had Legs Feb 8 9P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3001/Overview - broken link)
  • Before They Were Bears Feb 8 10P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3003/Overview - broken link)
  • From Dinosaur to Turkey Feb 12 8P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3002/Overview - broken link)
  • When Whales Had Legs Feb 12 9P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3001/Overview - broken link)
  • Before They Were Bears Feb 12 10P et (http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/morphed/3003/Overview - broken link)

Old 02-08-2009, 03:41 PM

1,788 posts, read 3,911,977 times
Some day, when you feel that final flutter in your chest and you realize it is more then just another papiltation......... the doctor tells you "there is nothing more we can do"......you look up and see a semi truck heading right for you......birds strike both engines on the jet your on, as you take off.......you allow Obama to remain president and Muslims launch a bio-attack.......your last thought as the clot lodged in your brain lets loose..........tell me what you think, what your believe.

Tell me where conscious awareness came from, what love and emotion is, (not just what part of the brain it fires from, but actually what it is, where energy masses from at the core level of black particles, what happened before the big bang.

I for one, do not take the bible in a total literal sense, but I know life, in all the universe started somewhere and came from something, or someone. There is not other explanation.

Your life, spirit, soul and human flesh and bones are energy. Energy cannot die, it just changes form. When you die, your spirit lives on and science is proving this theory more and more. At what level you move on, we do not yet know, but your energy form does not cease.
Explain the NDE stories from children and elderly people incapable of telling stories.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,446,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
Your life, spirit, soul and human flesh and bones are energy. Energy cannot die, it just changes form. When you die, your spirit lives on and science is proving this theory more and more. At what level you move on, we do not yet know, but your energy form does not cease.
Your energy form most certainly does cease, as you said yourself two sentences prior. The "forms" of the energy and matter change by positive entropy from something that can support consciousness to something that, as far as anyone knows, cannot.

Old 02-09-2009, 02:49 AM

998 posts, read 1,330,333 times
Quote:
Some day, when you feel that final flutter in your chest and you realize it is more then just another papiltation......... the doctor tells you "there is nothing more we can do"......you look up and see a semi truck heading right for you......birds strike both engines on the jet your on, as you take off.......you allow Obama to remain president and Muslims launch a bio-attack.......your last thought as the clot lodged in your brain lets loose..........tell me what you think, what your believe.
In your case I believe...you're already brain-dead

Old 02-09-2009, 07:53 AM

1,402 posts, read 3,494,847 times
Quote:

Tell me where conscious awareness came from, what love and emotion is, (not just what part of the brain it fires from, but actually what it is, where energy masses from at the core level of black particles, what happened before the big bang.

I for one, do not take the bible in a total literal sense, but I know life, in all the universe started somewhere and came from something, or someone. There is not other explanation.

Explain the NDE stories from children and elderly people incapable of telling stories.
This was quite the non-sequitur....what does this have to do with evolution?

Also, nice job on working in the anti-Obama reference. As if your post could possibly be any less germane to the topic at hand!

Overall: an excellent post that has ABSOLUTELY no point. Thank you- I think I actually felt myself getting more stupid from reading it.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:11 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,618,268 times
I have seen a gun pointed at my body. Religion did not come to mind but aim and fire first did.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:14 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,775,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have seen a gun pointed at my body. Religion did not come to mind but aim and fire first did.

I've been shot at and had a gun aimed at me. My thoughts went to take cover, and get the gun away from the nut!

Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,025,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Evolution is a theory not fact

Pretty much the same thing in the scientific community.

Quote:
the bible is also theory

The bible's as much of a theory as The Lord of the Rings.

Quote:
All of which can be considered up for debate.
Not scientifically. SInce evolution has mountains of physical evidence, and creationism doesn't.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:26 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,716,744 times
Default Silly referneces to Obama

Maybe the Muslims will hire Dubya. He's out of work and might be suited to do some of their dirty work. Anyway, he knows how things work at the federal level. Or is that he knows how to work things? Oh shoot. I'm sorry. I am referencing de-evolution which is definitely off topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies