U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 09:13 AM

3,454 posts, read 6,574,228 times

Advertisements

Who needs a swimming pool in their backyard? Nobody.

AND someone could drown, they should be outlawed for that reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 AM

4,457 posts, read 3,697,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
I'm just concerned with penetration...I want to take out the badguy, not my kids sleeping across the hall.

I have no particular moral or ethical issues with using an AK or Uzi for home defense...just practical concerns. Maybe with the right ammo, I don't know.
A good ol 1911 is all I need, I don't have to worry about penetration, but it will put a bad guy down in a hurry.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM

1,517 posts, read 2,476,527 times
I don't have an opinion on the specific midnight legislation/regulation law passed, but I sincerely believe that POTUS should not be allowed to pass any laws unless absolutely necessary for national security (with instruments in place to control the abuse that Bush is so prone to in these certain circumstances) while there is a President-Elect on board. There's so much controversy about all this stuff he's passing, at a record pace I might add ranging from car safety to civil liberties, to environment to health care. It has all been discussed avidly in various venues/outlets; and from what I've gathered it's all universally frowned upon whether in the periodical or online media (rolling stones, npr, abc, msnbc, wash po, et. al.) activist group, or even law professors at my local univ. It's really difficult to find a good thing to say about the crap he and chief of staff, Joshua Bolten are ramming down the throats of this Gov't, but I TRUST... if anywhere there may be agreement, complacency, and/or happiness with these signings, it will be here, on the city-data forum... where's Bush's last diehards still reside (in a heavily fortiifed cave with a single DSL connection).

Old 01-17-2009, 09:39 AM

1,079 posts, read 1,558,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
A good ol 1911 is all I need, I don't have to worry about penetration, but it will put a bad guy down in a hurry.
Don't have the 1911, but we certainly agree on the caliber.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:10 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,056,118 times
If a bad guy is hiding behind my sheet rock and I know it, I want penetration....

Now that saiga was plumb down right scary looking.............

I will just stick with my ole stevens 67

Old 01-17-2009, 11:27 AM

3,155 posts, read 5,669,686 times
Quote:

.45s are real nice, but I'm partial to my 12 gauges.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:00 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,153,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Definitely over a thousand with that conversion, and it would be a custom job. $200 tax stamp (one time) to register as a short barrel version.

This is the stock unconverted sucker, about $550 lowest I've seen. I'm off to the gun show in just a bit so I'll check out prices (if they have 'em). Basic conversion allows for a pistol grip similar to an AK and replacing the buttstock, which is fine for most people. The mags are 5rd, 10rd, and a very expensive 25 round drum.
Stagger those with 00 buck and a Brenneke slug every other one and vicious ain't even the word.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:01 PM

11,102 posts, read 13,153,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
If a bad guy is hiding behind my sheet rock and I know it, I want penetration....

Now that saiga was plumb down right scary looking.............

I will just stick with my ole stevens 67
That's what she said last night..............couldn't help it Convert,you opened the door for me.

Old 01-17-2009, 03:12 PM

20,310 posts, read 19,415,285 times
Quote:
Colt gold cup and now a Dan Wesson Pointman. Hard to beat the 1911 or the 45 acp for pure man stopping power.
I would worry about penetration tho. LOL
Check out Test Report No 1 (http://www.hawklan.demon.co.uk/test%20reports/test%201.html - broken link)

Old 01-17-2009, 03:21 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,509,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeker2012 View Post
President Bush Signs H.R. 660, H.R. 3690, S. 863, and H.R. 2640 :H.R. 2640, the "NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007," which requires accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted by State and local government and Federal agencies to the Justice Department-administered National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS); and provides incentives for facilitating electronic transmission of such information to NICS.
BUSH SIGNS MOST DRACONIAN GUN LAW IN US HISTORY! | Know The Lies - America's new motto... "Please Prepay In Advance"
Can someone point out where the above says they will take away your guns? I see only where they want better control/tracking over those who aren't supposed to have guns.

accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies