Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:49 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,212,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
Good for John. That show is stupid.
True.

Besides, we already had Cloris Leachman on there. Why not go with some younger gals...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 09:18 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,865,505 times
The show is stupid, but if Mrs. McCain wanted to be on there, it should be her choice.

About the time my husband tried to "forbid" me to do something, I'd go out and do it twice!! Fortunately he knows better.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,054,854 times
News, John McCain Forbids Wife Cindy To Join "Dancing With The Stars"

I guess Cindy graduated from the "Suburban White Woman Training and Finishing School" that most politicians shop at for their wives.

She probably took Special High Intensity Training Sessions while in attendance there too.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,212,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
News, John McCain Forbids Wife Cindy To Join "Dancing With The Stars"

I guess Cindy graduated from the "Suburban White Woman Training and Finishing School" that most politicians shop at for their wives.

She probably took Special High Intensity Training Sessions while in attendance there too.
News: Read the link in the OP. It's pure crap.

Quote:
Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Cindy McCain would have been a great contestant on the hit reality competition show "Dancing With the Stars," if only senator husband John McCain allowed her to join.
According to Page Six, Cindy was excited to be one of the dancing celebrities in the show, but John nixed it, saying it was an "even worse decision" than choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate.
The paper quotes a source saying, "Just before Thanksgiving, Cindy McCain started talks with producers to appear as a dancer on the show. She wanted do it very badly." However, the former U.S. presidential candidate "put the kibosh on it."

How & why people choose read and believe crap like this is beyond me.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:04 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,054,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
News: Read the link in the OP. It's pure crap.

How & why people choose read and believe crap like this is beyond me.
I don't believe anything,I just like talking crap.It's a gift that I try not to use for evil.I struggle with it,but it's my cross to drag.*sigh

Old 01-20-2009, 06:09 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,511,871 times
Too bad for Cindy, however, hubby had no problem putting her in a Ms. Buffalo Chip contest?
Maybe DWTS is not sexist enough?

Old 01-20-2009, 07:50 PM

4,538 posts, read 4,803,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
The show is stupid, but if Mrs. McCain wanted to be on there, it should be her choice.

About the time my husband tried to "forbid" me to do something, I'd go out and do it twice!! Fortunately he knows better.
Cindy could do a whole lot better, she is fairly attractive still, and SHE is the one with the money. I guess she's also stupid or something, to let herself be tied to that bald, pathetic sack-o-sheet.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:08 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,816,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Cindy McCain would have been a great contestant on the hit reality competition show "Dancing With the Stars," if only senator husband John McCain allowed her to join.

According to Page Six, Cindy was excited to be one of the dancing celebrities in the show, but John nixed it, saying it was an "even worse decision" than choosing Sarah Palin as his running mate.

John McCain Forbids Wife Cindy To Join "Dancing With The Stars" | AHN | January 17, 2009 (http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7013736170 - broken link)

doesnt she have to listen to the man of the house? not trying to be sexist or anything, but for people who follow tradition the man usually makes the decisions in the essence of marriage???

Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM

40,049 posts, read 34,536,424 times
Don't worry about it. They'll ask Sarah Palin to join the show, and then everyone will forget all about Cindy McCain!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,714,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Don't worry about it. They'll ask Sarah Palin to join the show, and then everyone will forget all about Cindy McCain!
Sarah Palin would agree to it in a New York second; anything to keep her in the public eye a little longer. Maybe "Survivor-North Pole" is next for her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies