U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:00 AM

34,930 posts, read 19,085,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I never heard that phrase. Where did you hear that? More importantly, in what context? Context is everything.

At any rate the fact still remains that it was the Republicans that tried to sound a warning (several times) about the risky sub-prime mortgages, and the impending crash of the market. The Democrats wanted nothing to do with any controls, oversight, or regulation.

For a guy who claims he knows all about the underpinnings of today's economic meltdown, you're staggeringly uninformed.

Ownership society - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But then, parroting Limbaugh doesn't require a whole lot of informing oneself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 AM

714 posts, read 1,391,111 times
Doing what was right and not trying to be a crowd pleaser....but most of all keeping our country safe after the attacks of 9/11....Oh wait most people on here don't remember what that was....It was a terroist attack that slammed planes into the sides of two big buildings in New York and killed lots of people....

Thank you GW.....I KNOW you did a great job! Stay close because we are going to need you the next 4 years!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,719,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I think Bush will be most remembered for making the United States safer after 911 by creating Homeland Security and for his war on terror.
Thank you for this post. We have enough hatred in this country and world to last a lifetime. The repetitiveness of the Bush-hate posts is starting to border on psychotic. Let the man go out in peace and move on (haters).

Old 01-20-2009, 08:13 AM

8,233 posts, read 11,230,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Long term (several decades) historical view will be 9-11 and his immediate reactions and the fact that there were no terrosit attacks on US soil for the balance of his term.
there werent any attacks for 8 years prior to him either. He had nothing to do with making us "safe" if anything he has lessened the worlds opinion of us and made the middle east less stable and increasing our risk factor. His profiteering with the war is intolerable. He will be remembered as the president that over through the country in a bloodless coup then ruined the strongest economy in the world.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 AM

26,299 posts, read 17,159,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Long term (several decades) historical view will be 9-11 and his immediate reactions and the fact that there were no terrosit attacks on US soil for the balance of his term.
As I have stated in previous threads...after 9/11, Bush shut down the military base that we had in Saudi to appease Osama bin Laden and that is why we have not been attacked again. BTW, 9/11 happened on his watch. He did not become POTUS on September 12th!

He will be remembered as "The Commander Guy" that deservedly got the shoe thrown in his face.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-20-2009 at 08:30 AM..

Old 01-20-2009, 11:01 AM

3,106 posts, read 2,656,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
there werent any attacks for 8 years prior to him either.

Really????

USS Cole, Oklahoma City, the FIRST world trade center bombing. I mean come on

President Bush will be remembered for different reasons by different people. I will remember him for being a strong leader and the moment he threw out the first pitch at the Yankees game following 9/11. All in all I liked him

Old 01-20-2009, 04:03 PM

4,964 posts, read 7,288,703 times
[quote=nononsenseguy;7080849]This isn't a "talking point". Further, there has been no "illegal torture" (I get so tired of these claims by the Bush hating crowd).

Clinton didn't do anything about the first WTC attack, which is likely why they tried again (and succeeded). Big deal. Some guys got convicted. That didn't get at the source. It only got those that carried it out.

There was the Oklahoma City Bombing, blamed on "domestic" terrorism, but there is sufficient evidence, largely suppressed by most of the media and never sufficiently investigated by the US Government (under the Clinton administration) in the view of many, that this bombing, and the bomber, had ties to Al Qaeda. Much investigative reporting had been done independently, taking the reporter to the Philippines, where the bomber (I'm forgetting his name) had met with a group of Muslim terrorists. Personally, I'm convinced this is more than what the government investigators concluded (that it was an independent domestic attack).

What about TWA flight 800? Many are still dissatisfied with the findings that it was a fuel tank alone that caused it to blow up. Witnesses (several) describe seeing what appeared to be a missile (likely shoulder fired). I believe this was a huge cover up.

Links?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:10 PM

261 posts, read 696,117 times
i'll remember him as the guy who kept turning up in my email inbox along with various images of chimpanzees.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies