Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:42 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times

Advertisements

Hey! Let us move forward TOGETHER as a country okay? Regardless of whether we are Democrat or Republican, let's just move forward together alright?

Come on folks; let us do this!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 01:06 PM

956 posts, read 1,234,718 times
If you have something to say to our former President, write a letter, be man or woman enough to sign your name to it, and mail it.

Writing this drivel on a public message board for a bunch of names with no faces to read is nothing more than pathetic and achieves nothing.

You didn't like our former President? Fine. That's your right. How long are people like you going to continue to roll in the mire and muck that is your hatred?

Today was a remarkable day. We watched the symbolic transition of power from one man to another, one party to another, with dignity and grace ... something that I would suggest the OP, along with many of you, knows nothing about.

Fortunately for us Barack is not among you and will not represent you. He doesn't need you to succeed or be a good President. Fortunately he is a man who wants to move on and raise this country up and not wallow in past disappointments the way many of you here have done for the past 8 years never being able to accept that you lost (legally lost) in 2000 and again in 2004.

Today was a day that we were able to watch all this unfold and see magnificent pictures of this great country from sea to shining sea as we listen to "My Country Tis Of Thee". Yet all some can do is write a diatribe of hatred and disgust about a man who truly does NOT deserve it. I may disagree with much of what he has done, but I'm reasonably certain that I sit here today able to type on my keyboard because this President has kept us safe. And if we are not safe, if terrorism invades and permeates our country, none of the rest of it is going to matter at all.

It's over. Now you've won. So be happy, be excited about the future and hope that Barack Obama can measure up to even half of what people expect from him, hope that this President is surrounded by wise men and women who can help him find the right path.

These are extremely difficult and frightening times. President Obama said so himself today. Did you not listen to his address? Probably not because you're much happier wallowing in the past than looking forward.

Fortunately for the country, I think you're in the minority. The majority of this country wants to move forward toward a better tomorrow. Sure hope so anyway.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:44 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post

These are extremely difficult and frightening times. President Obama said so himself today. Did you not listen to his address? Probably not because you're much happier wallowing in the past than looking forward.

Fortunately for the country, I think you're in the minority. The majority of this country wants to move forward toward a better tomorrow. Sure hope so anyway.
I hope so, too. But a sizeable number of threads on the Forum are nothing more than incitements to vindictive hatred of Mr. Bush. A new one just appeared, in fact.

Some people will never learn.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,526,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
If you have something to say to our former President, write a letter, be man or woman enough to sign your name to it, and mail it.

Writing this drivel on a public message board for a bunch of names with no faces to read is nothing more than pathetic and achieves nothing.

You didn't like our former President? Fine. That's your right. How long are people like you going to continue to roll in the mire and muck that is your hatred?

Today was a remarkable day. We watched the symbolic transition of power from one man to another, one party to another, with dignity and grace ... something that I would suggest the OP, along with many of you, knows nothing about.

Fortunately for us Barack is not among you and will not represent you. He doesn't need you to succeed or be a good President. Fortunately he is a man who wants to move on and raise this country up and not wallow in past disappointments the way many of you here have done for the past 8 years never being able to accept that you lost (legally lost) in 2000 and again in 2004.

Today was a day that we were able to watch all this unfold and see magnificent pictures of this great country from sea to shining sea as we listen to "My Country Tis Of Thee". Yet all some can do is write a diatribe of hatred and disgust about a man who truly does NOT deserve it. I may disagree with much of what he has done, but I'm reasonably certain that I sit here today able to type on my keyboard because this President has kept us safe. And if we are not safe, if terrorism invades and permeates our country, none of the rest of it is going to matter at all.

It's over. Now you've won. So be happy, be excited about the future and hope that Barack Obama can measure up to even half of what people expect from him, hope that this President is surrounded by wise men and women who can help him find the right path.

Easy for you to say, eh?
I'd bet my kidney he would not, but say if Obama thought: "You know, I'm above the other 2 branches of government and I'm the president so I can do ANYTHING I want (like W did). My predecessor got away with anything he wanted to do. I will just go ahead and get Eric Holder to sign off on something while he's drugged out. Who is going to do anything about it?"
If Obama trampled over the constitution, like W did (or any other president) and got away with it, then the POTUS, is nothing more than the same as a King, not a president.
And the Bush supporters and Obama haters would be all over it. Hell, they impeached a good president over lying (not about a war that killed probably a million people) about a consensual hummer.
It's about accountability. I don't think Obama (actually it would most likely be
Holder) should go after the actions of Bushco right away, but damn right, at least 1 year from now, I want him and his chronies to be legally held for his/their actions, even if it is just a censure, so it is on the record.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM

958 posts, read 1,105,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Maybe this belongs in the P and OC section, however since it does, in a way, involve Obama, I will post it here.
The mods can move it if they want.
Of course I don't expect it to, however, you never know. I'll just pretend it is and say, as he had his last full day in office.....
Good %$#@#$ riddance.
You were an absolute disgrace as a president. The only two things that I can think I can give you even a little credit for are the creation of the TSA (something that came about sooner than later thanks to your goofy handling of the warnings of 9/11) and increased AIDS funding for Africa. Too bad that for all the possible lives you saved in Africa, you overshadowed that by killing maybe a 1/2 million people thanks to you invading another country on a lie, just to say "I'm better than Daddy."

Your presidency was almost worthless. The best thing about it is it was so bad, that Republicans will mostly be a minority party for at least 8 years and hopefully more. Where I can start? You had 2 terms that you did not win legally (thanks to Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell). You oppressed the reproductive rights of women to choose worldwide. Don't give me this "right to life crap", you don't give a rat's ass about a human life after it's out the womb. You ignored pre 9/11 intelligence since you were, inside your twisted mind, rooting for a war, to make money for your friends and GOP donors and get oil. You used a forged document about Iran trying to get uranium from Africa, yet pressure CBS to fire Rather because of documents that could not be authenticated. You outed a CIA agent (or turned a blind eye to your thugs doing so) since her husband spoke out against a war and ruined her career, while you stayed in yours. You tried to get the AG to sign off on torture, while he was sick in his hospital bed, to beat a deadline to make it ok. You had AG's fired, just because they were not GOP lapdogs and rewarded those big time that played the game. You appointed an AG who basically got fired for lying about the attorney purge (I know he resigned, but you do think we are that dumb, oops, some of your Limbaugh listeners probably are). You don't think that government should help the people, so you played a big role in the gross negligence of Katrina. You tried to privatize Social Security and told us, if it passed, to invest the retirement money in the stock market 3 years ago, well thank god that did not go anywhere. You've had people arrested at rallies for wearing T shirts that did not approve of you and phony reporters that asked you softball questions at press conferences (Jeff Gannon). You screwed Scott McCleanan over big time, as he covered for your lies. You ordered torture and then spent all but your last few days lying about it. I think you get the idea.
You were the same as a 150 hitter in baseball, you disgrace of a president, even if Obama, say for a hypothetical sake, "hits" 200, that will still suck compared to other presidents. However, it will still beat the hell out of you.
You never won an election legally, the supreme court put you in. You used the Christian Right big time (while calling the constitution a Goddamed piece of paper). One last thing, I hope you read the editorials on your presidency, especially worldwide, about your 8 years of waste. Very damning.

I don't worship Obama, ok. However, I know that all this anticipation about him taking over, is more, due to your sorry ass leaving.

Oh, BTW, send a big #$%@ you to Cheney while you're at it too (who probably was the real president and just used you all this time).
I hope the Repugs give me all the hell you want over this. I've been looking forward to this day to get this idiot out of office. However, Repugs, he proved me wrong, he did not try to pull the martial law crap, so he could stay in, like a dictator.

In closing Republicans, (or Bush defenders), if I'm wrong, well, during the elections....why did you spend most of your time, putting down Obama and the Dems, as opposed to stating your case about how Bush was good and Palin and McCain would be even better?
Spoken like a true hater of America Traitor .
Come and get me

Old 01-20-2009, 04:49 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Maybe this belongs in the P and OC section, however since it does, in a way, involve Obama, I will post it here.
The mods can move it if they want.
Of course I don't expect it to, however, you never know. I'll just pretend it is and say, as he had his last full day in office.....
Good %$#@#$ riddance.
You were an absolute disgrace as a president. The only two things that I can think I can give you even a little credit for are the creation of the TSA (something that came about sooner than later thanks to your goofy handling of the warnings of 9/11) and increased AIDS funding for Africa. Too bad that for all the possible lives you saved in Africa, you overshadowed that by killing maybe a 1/2 million people thanks to you invading another country on a lie, just to say "I'm better than Daddy."

Your presidency was almost worthless. The best thing about it is it was so bad, that Republicans will mostly be a minority party for at least 8 years and hopefully more. Where I can start? You had 2 terms that you did not win legally (thanks to Katherine Harris and Ken Blackwell). You oppressed the reproductive rights of women to choose worldwide. Don't give me this "right to life crap", you don't give a rat's ass about a human life after it's out the womb. You ignored pre 9/11 intelligence since you were, inside your twisted mind, rooting for a war, to make money for your friends and GOP donors and get oil. You used a forged document about Iran trying to get uranium from Africa, yet pressure CBS to fire Rather because of documents that could not be authenticated. You outed a CIA agent (or turned a blind eye to your thugs doing so) since her husband spoke out against a war and ruined her career, while you stayed in yours. You tried to get the AG to sign off on torture, while he was sick in his hospital bed, to beat a deadline to make it ok. You had AG's fired, just because they were not GOP lapdogs and rewarded those big time that played the game. You appointed an AG who basically got fired for lying about the attorney purge (I know he resigned, but you do think we are that dumb, oops, some of your Limbaugh listeners probably are). You don't think that government should help the people, so you played a big role in the gross negligence of Katrina. You tried to privatize Social Security and told us, if it passed, to invest the retirement money in the stock market 3 years ago, well thank god that did not go anywhere. You've had people arrested at rallies for wearing T shirts that did not approve of you and phony reporters that asked you softball questions at press conferences (Jeff Gannon). You screwed Scott McCleanan over big time, as he covered for your lies. You ordered torture and then spent all but your last few days lying about it. I think you get the idea.
You were the same as a 150 hitter in baseball, you disgrace of a president, even if Obama, say for a hypothetical sake, "hits" 200, that will still suck compared to other presidents. However, it will still beat the hell out of you.
You never won an election legally, the supreme court put you in. You used the Christian Right big time (while calling the constitution a Goddamed piece of paper). One last thing, I hope you read the editorials on your presidency, especially worldwide, about your 8 years of waste. Very damning.

I don't worship Obama, ok. However, I know that all this anticipation about him taking over, is more, due to your sorry ass leaving.

Oh, BTW, send a big #$%@ you to Cheney while you're at it too (who probably was the real president and just used you all this time).
I hope the Repugs give me all the hell you want over this. I've been looking forward to this day to get this idiot out of office. However, Repugs, he proved me wrong, he did not try to pull the martial law crap, so he could stay in, like a dictator.

In closing Republicans, (or Bush defenders), if I'm wrong, well, during the elections....why did you spend most of your time, putting down Obama and the Dems, as opposed to stating your case about how Bush was good and Palin and McCain would be even better?
I understand your frustration and anger. Many of us feel it also. One thing Bush demonstrated: That he cares not one iota of what US citizens think/ thought of him. He preferred to spend his time riding his mountain bike and working out and slept well every night.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
I understand your frustration and anger. Many of us feel it also. One thing Bush demonstrated: That he cares not one iota of what US citizens think/ thought of him. He preferred to spend his time riding his mountain bike and working out and slept well every night.
Sounds like nearly every member of Congress, every celebrity, every big shot businessperson.

Singling out Bush for disdain is facile and jejeune.

Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,021,443 times
Bush could care less what anyone thinks of him.He did NOT properly serve the people of the united states.He did though serve the oil companies quite well (as well as himself).

Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
Bush could care less what anyone thinks of him.He did NOT properly serve the people of the united states.He did though serve the oil companies quite well (as well as himself).
Is that why oil is now at historic lows?

Old 01-20-2009, 05:07 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Well, I didn't have to read too far to realize this thread is just another worthless Bush hating diatribe. Not worth the time.

I never realized how hateful the Democrats were before. They truly are the Party of Hate.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 01-20-2009 at 05:09 PM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies