U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:47 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,235,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleanCutHippie View Post
Really? Israel is every bit the " terrorist" that any other country in the middle east. The only reason we are in bed with them is because American Jews (who have lots of power and money) support them. Don't you find it odd that no matter who is our President they automatically support Isreal? I think your the tart dude now go to bed.
Israel is "terrorist", eh?

Man, it appears the drugs that modern day hippies are on are even more psychadelic then they were in the '60s. Dude, put down the bowl/needle/pipe/whatever, and call us when your head is clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 PM

20,005 posts, read 69,235,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
These black hatted, braided hair, bearded bullies cannot be justified and have not been justified in anything posted here. This is no different than the religious police of the Taliban, and no different than what we would or could have in this country if we allowed the Republican Religious Right their way. I can see James Dodson crusaders beating women with too short skirts right here in the USA. Thing is, the bullies feel justified, with no guilt because they are just doing the "will of God".
In this woman's case she had 3 choices, move, get beat or tell the bullies that she is in her period and therefore unclean so they could not touch her. I think she should have gone with moving after trying the unclean routine.
These guys are lucky, Israel, is an armed society, even more so than Texas. But bullies sense who to victimize. I am kindda a Clint Eastwood type from Grand Torino. As Clint's character I often have a 1911 45 at hand, I am 62 with white hair and I mind my own business. I carried a 45 on and off for 2 years mostly on for the year I was in Nam. I would hesitate to deal with this situtation. Black Suited Jews bleed too. I would not overseas though, here yes.
You wouldnt last 2 minutes in the Middle East, guns and all.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:22 AM

356 posts, read 413,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You wouldnt last 2 minutes in the Middle East, guns and all.
I do not doubt you are right, but I lasted 30 years as a telephone man in some of the highest crime areas in Houston and Dallas working all hours. I do not know much about the middle east ,except as an outside observer, I fell that the Jews and the Palestineans deserve each other.

I do not claim to, but seems to me there should be people over there, that know the landscape that would nail the types described here.

I do not see what the big deal is about my story. I feel most people feel there is a right to self defense. Here in Texas it is perfectly legal to carry in your vehicle and home. It is not at all difficult to be licenced to carry on your person. Day b4 yesterday in Dallas a man killed a 17 year old punk that shot at him while burgurlarizing his home. The good guy was licenced to carry. There will be no inditement. And yes, in my truck there is a 45, 1911 model. I was trained to use one while in the service, I carried round the clock many days. I am pretty good with it.

I am a liberal Democrat in many ways.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:32 AM

42,663 posts, read 73,939,070 times
So, what makes Iran and Israel distinctly different? Why do we threaten to bomb one of them out of existence is defense of the other one, when there is so little difference between them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies