U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
Reputation: 1024

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
You sure do have it right. Lets ask the families of those lost loved ones do to his dictatorship. This clown should not even be burried in Arlington. He should be burried in Baghdad since he seems to be so fond of it there.

If he was so concerned about liberating Iraq then perhaps he should have given them our Constitution. What the hell..........we ain't using it anymore.

Maybe in your sick sorry world but in reality President Bush is VERY popular among the military. Myself who just got out less than a year ago supports him as do a number of my friends and family.

Your comments are sad and very childish. One would hope you would have some class but as your posts indicate little or no chance of that happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,835,555 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Maybe in your sick sorry world but in reality President Bush is VERY popular among the military. Myself who just got out less than a year ago supports him as do a number of my friends and family.

Your comments are sad and very childish. One would hope you would have some class but as your posts indicate little or no chance of that happening.
I've been in and around the military for over 30 years.

Bush is not wildly popular among the military.

He's popular among a vocal group of military members and people have been afraid, yes afraid, to speak out against him (judicial punishment, you know). Neocons and social conservatives love him and there are a lot of them in the military; but certainly not enough to make Bush VERY popular.

You should have seen them at the DFAC tonight watching the inaguration.
That was not a group of people who love(d) Bush. There was a lot of cheering for President Obama, though.

Speak for yourself, fine. But please don't speak for all the military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:44 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

Speak for yourself, fine. But please don't speak for all the military.
You don't speak for the military. In fact I don't know of anyone current or former who goes around saying that our troops are committing war crimes by murdering Iraqi civilians. I can go on about how big of a phony you are but your not worth my time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I didn't even get into the rapes by Americans against Americans in Iraq.
There's even an 800 number for those violations.

Rape, the gift that keeps on giving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 34,755,944 times
Reputation: 6163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
In fact I don't know of anyone current or former who goes around saying that our troops are committing war crimes by murdering Iraqi civilians.
What civilians were these? Are you saying Obama said this? Link, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,228 posts, read 10,152,753 times
Reputation: 7073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Bush pretty much deserves whatever he gets at this point. But there's never any need to be rude.

Plus he had to sit up on stage with a 22% approval rating--the lowest EVER--while a million people turned out to hear Obama. Surely that was indignity enough.
Two million.

A crowd two miles deep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Kentucky/ Displaced Texan
3,106 posts, read 2,672,877 times
Reputation: 1024
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What civilians were these? Are you saying Obama said this? Link, please?
I was referring to Chielgirl, who in a post accused US military of raping Iraqi women. She also claimed to have pictures of this which later turned out to be fake, in that they were some kind of weird pornography. I wish I was making this up but here is the link to the thread in which she made these comments.

Link

My point is she cares so much for our military she rushed to post pictures and links that have no creditability to them that accuse our military of raping and murdered hundreds of civilians. Sorry doesn't seem like some one who likes the military to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 06:02 PM
 
Location: um....guess
10,478 posts, read 13,867,539 times
Reputation: 1825
Jesus christ you people are vicious. It was rude to sing that & to boo, I agree. Unfortunately, the discontent of the american people is finally being heard, can't really blame them for it. As for those of you calling out all liberals or dems as haters & low class? Look in the mirror.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Earth
24,639 posts, read 24,835,555 times
Reputation: 11318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I was referring to Chielgirl, who in a post accused US military of raping Iraqi women. She also claimed to have pictures of this which later turned out to be fake, in that they were some kind of weird pornography. I wish I was making this up but here is the link to the thread in which she made these comments.

Link

My point is she cares so much for our military she rushed to post pictures and links that have no creditability to them that accuse our military of raping and murdered hundreds of civilians. Sorry doesn't seem like some one who likes the military to me.
Try reading the post you quoted. Yes, we are raping Iraqi women, but American Servicewomen are being raped in Iraq by American soldiers.
Prove that my comments and/or data were fakes, I challenge you. You can't.

I don't like military war crimes, no matter who commits them. Just because I'm American doesn't mean that I ignore the travesties of my government and the military.

Besides, you're derailing this thread to attack me.
If you had credible information to counter what I post, you would have posted it in the appropriate thread.

There's an 800 number to report rapes in the military.
AFN currently runs lots of public service announcements as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 06:11 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
18,228 posts, read 10,152,753 times
Reputation: 7073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
"Cheney's gun has killed less people than Ted Kennedy's car."
We don't know that.

The only one he shot who made the news was the one who managed to survive long enough to get back to the house.

Gosh knows how many more were left in the field to rot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 PM
 
Location: Alvarado, TX
2,914 posts, read 4,254,507 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I've been in and around the military for over 30 years.

Bush is not wildly popular among the military.

He's popular among a vocal group of military members and people have been afraid, yes afraid, to speak out against him (judicial punishment, you know). Neocons and social conservatives love him and there are a lot of them in the military; but certainly not enough to make Bush VERY popular.

You should have seen them at the DFAC tonight watching the inaguration.
That was not a group of people who love(d) Bush. There was a lot of cheering for President Obama, though.

Speak for yourself, fine. But please don't speak for all the military.
You should do as you preach in highlights. Besides, I don't care if you were born with a gun in your hand, if you haven't done the game, you have no voice, other than to be a pretender.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top