Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 08:47 PM

26,212 posts, read 49,044,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Rude? How can taunting a murderer be considered rude? We regularly toss people in jail and throw away the key for such crimes but we aren't allowed to holler or insult a man WHO GOT AWAY WITH IT? Is it rude to call OJ a murderer? Why does Bush deserve respect? He didn't do ANYTHING the people wanted for eight years. He put on blinders and earmuffs and ignored EVERY scientific study or hard fact that came his way. He may be a "good" person (isn't everybody when you're heart is big enough?) but he was a TERRIBLE leader and President. Cheers to the people who had the guts to speak their mind. And thank god they still have that right after eight years of Constitutional erosion.

Conservatives scream about how our kids are all taught how they're special, how we don't bother to keep score at little league games because someone might be offended or hurt. Boo hoo, they cry. What?! So it's a bad idea to not teach children about winning and losing but quite another thing when the highest office in the land is occupied by an incompetent! You conservative mind-numbed Bush supporters should go to Crawford with him. Do the Jim Jones thing, drink the koolaid, pat yourselves on the back for a job well done and disappear.
DITTO.

After these last 8 years, the GOP thugs will disappear, only to be seen again - in trials for war crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:48 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacktoNE View Post
I do not like George Bush, and I've never pretended to. However, I would also never intentionally hurt someones feelings. He and Laura are human beings with the same feelings the rest of us have.

I was not impressed.
And if you were a manager, and employee reviews were due, would you also tell the incompetent employee that just can do anything right and tries to cover it up with lies that he is doing a good job?

Or are you one of the current crop of school teachers that are passing failing students because to grade them on their actual performance would "hurt their feelings".

The blunt truth has it's place, and it can be constructive unless delivered to a complete idiot.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:52 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,138,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The Left has been very successful, with their willing accomplices in the media, in blaming Bush for the financial crisis, when in fact it is more the fault of the democrats, who were/are in the pocket of F&F, which started the slide.

The have also been successful in downplaying the wonderful successes in Iraq - all to Bush's credit.

When loaded poll after poll tells a certain story, the sheep are all to happy to agree and go with the "conventional" group-think.

The media have also went out of their way to dismiss the successful strategy of fighting terrorists in the war on terror - by ALL means at his disposal. He has prevented another attack on this country, he has changed the schematic with a peaceful Iraq that will influence and determine issues in the mid-east. History will show that he was right and his policies, tactics and strategies changed things for the good.
Thank you for not taking any responsibility. It's OTHER peoples' fault. It's THEM. You even appear to justify resorting to the lowest of human activities, torture, when you write "by ALL means at his disposal". Hmmm. Is that one of his "tactics and strategies that changed things for the good?"

By the way, how come the "left"-leaning media (according to you) is so successful while your side never seems to get its message across? Six of Bush2's eight years were with Republican (I'll assume they're the "right") majorities. Yet, you blame the Democrats. Teflon everywhere, I guess.

You are a member of an infinitesimal minority that's grasping at straws to justify the horror of the last eight years. More than 5 billion plus people on the globe disagree with you and they can't possibly all be wrong.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:54 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Default I don't think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
In 4 years some one will sing to Obama.

After 4 years of Obama they are going to wish Bush was still the president.
I don't think anyone will be as bad as Bush. Sorry.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
If I was there I would be singing along. It has nothing to do with class. It has to do with expressing your opinion which is your right as an American. And now we can be certain that that right will live on for at least four more years.

I also feel this song would be appropriate:
No, it doesn't have anything to do with expressing an opinion or "free speech", it has everything to do with being a jerk, petty, classless and ignorant.

I have yet to have one Bush hater explain what killed the Kurds?

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who can explain how the POTUS is not supposed to rely on the agencies in place for information gathering?

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who can explain why all those liberal Congress people (Pelosi, Kennedy, Clinton, Kerry, etc.) voted for the war before they voted against it and EXPLAIN with FACTS that all those democrats would have had the issues they did EVEN IF 2004 election-mania not started up shortly after.

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who ever took a macro-economics class (let alone micro) and can understand how the economy cycles.

Vocal and clueless minority (this time classLESS can be added in) making all the noise and thinking they have all the answers and needing to blame something for their short comings and the way the damn world works, has worked and always will work, no matter WHO is in office.

Easy to ride the coattails of a previous administrations policies and the economy coming full circle again, let alone a tech boom (as Clinton did) . Hard to deal with really tough issues, the economy inevetibly going to cycle again as well as BS policies (hello housing issue) that (clinton) left for WHOMEVER succeeded his pansy rear end.

Old 01-20-2009, 08:55 PM

Bush apparently uttered today that he "led with conviction". Too bad he didn't end up with one. There is still hope!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:59 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Default I remember. I was on a different message board back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I hadn't heard about that, but these people claim they did it. I'd forgotten that FreeRepublic is the showcase for gracious, well-mannered conservative Republicans.

Gore's Daughter Claims Family Under Siege During "Get Out of Cheney's House!" Protests
I don't know what group organized it but it was rude. That may have been where the crowd from today got it from for all I know. They learned that type of behavior from the best.....REPUBLICANS!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
No, it doesn't have anything to do with expressing an opinion or "free speech", it has everything to do with being a jerk, petty, classless and ignorant.

I have yet to have one Bush hater explain what killed the Kurds?

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who can explain how the POTUS is not supposed to rely on the agencies in place for information gathering?

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who can explain why all those liberal Congress people (Pelosi, Kennedy, Clinton, Kerry, etc.) voted for the war before they voted against it and EXPLAIN with FACTS that all those democrats would have had the issues they did EVEN IF 2004 election-mania not started up shortly after.

I have yet to come across one Bush hater who ever took a macro-economics class (let alone micro) and can understand how the economy cycles.

Vocal and clueless minority (this time classLESS can be added in) making all the noise and thinking they have all the answers and needing to blame something for their short comings and the way the damn world works, has worked and always will work, no matter WHO is in office.

Easy to ride the coattails of a previous administrations policies and the economy coming full circle again, let alone a tech boom (as Clinton did) . Hard to deal with really tough issues, the economy inevetibly going to cycle again as well as BS policies (hello housing issue) that (clinton) left for WHOMEVER succeeded his pansy rear end.
If you think the economy is just cyclical you are mistaken. A house of cards doesn't have cycles, it falls mightily with but a gentle breeze.

I don't think anyone can explain the voted-for-war-then-changed-my-mind phenomenon but how come after realizing the war was a mistake didn't any one of these elected officials do anything to stop it?

Your biggest error in logic is assuming people are Bush haters without reason. There are millions of reasons. While some may blame him for practically everything, he did nothing to improve any situation in all areas of our lives. It doesn't matter where it started, it doesn't matter who was in charge when it started. What matters is what one does with it when one takes over the wheel. Apparently Bush didn't know how to drive and now we're in a ditch.

If people can't express their outrage, then you clearly aren't in favor of American values. Go back and tell me where in our 230+ year history we accomplished great things by keeping our mouths shut.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:06 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,264,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Planter View Post
How very tacky on your part, sir, and on the parts of all you applaude.
How bout another song by Chicago, "Its hard for me to say Im Sorry" SO I WONT......EVER

Old 01-20-2009, 09:08 PM

540 posts, read 629,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Thank you for not taking any responsibility. It's OTHER peoples' fault. It's THEM. You even appear to justify resorting to the lowest of human activities, torture, when you write "by ALL means at his disposal". Hmmm. Is that one of his "tactics and strategies that changed things for the good?"

By the way, how come the "left"-leaning media (according to you) is so successful while your side never seems to get its message across? Six of Bush2's eight years were with Republican (I'll assume they're the "right") majorities. Yet, you blame the Democrats. Teflon everywhere, I guess.

You are a member of an infinitesimal minority that's grasping at straws to justify the horror of the last eight years. More than 5 billion plus people on the globe disagree with you and they can't possibly all be wrong.
It is in fact the fault of the left for the financial debacle. It is the fault of the left for prolonging the war and placing our troops at greater risk with their malicious vitriole.
Indeed, at least on one occassion torture, for the loonies that can call it torture, if waterboarding is the issue, may have saved thousands of lives and it din't evenleave a bruise. Scared the hell out of someone probably, but no bruise. It woudl be sort of like holding a gun to your head and pulling the trigger knowing the gun maybe only had one gun in several chambers like the Vietnamese used to do. Naaa really more like waiting behind a door and scaring the hell out of you instead of cutting your head off as the enemy you are so concerned about would be prone to do. You libs make me ill with your whining. Pathetic Apologists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies