Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
Get your facts straight please. Did Bush screw up? Sure. Your post makes him sound like another Hitler or Stalin which is far from the truth.
No, not a Hitler or Stalin, just clueless and a liar. Other than that, medicore, asleep at the switch and harmful to our country. But it's over now. Time to go on.

SAY HEY, HEY.... GOODBYE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,847 times
Talking Oz is livable ... again

ding dong the witch is dead ! The wicked witch is dead

Old 01-20-2009, 10:33 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
No, not a Hitler or Stalin, just clueless and a liar. Other than that, medicore, asleep at the switch and harmful to our country. But it's over now. Time to go on.

SAY HEY, HEY.... GOODBYE!

I'm so glad its over!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:34 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,190,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
How many innocent Iraqi civilans are dead because of him? Hundreds of thousands. Some say half a million.
You didn't seem to care when they were being killed by Saddam.

Quote:
4,000 dead American soldiers, who were told to go because of a lie.
Bad intel does not equal lying. By the way, congress declares war, not the president. Congress could have stopped him, they didn't. They are just as much to blame as Bush.

Quote:
Katrina, 1,000 dead American civlians because Bush likes to appoint people to FEMA because they donated to his campaign. And the feds did absolutely nothing while New Orleans drowned.
This is Bush's fault because...? The whole Gulf coast was hit, yet New Orleans was the only one with problems. That falls on Nagin, not Bush.

Quote:
Wiretapping Americans without warrents,
Was ruled legal by courts just a few weeks ago. Also, get your facts straight, only international calls are being tapped. If you're not making phone calls to terrorists in Iran, you have nothing to worry about.

Quote:
The biggest financial crisis since the great depression
Again, how does Bush get sole blame for this? Did he make mistakes? Sure. The current problems started well before Bush ever took office.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:36 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,262,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
You supported the lowlife pond scum who actually sank LOW enough to do such a thing? Your credentials just dropped into negative territory, right along with the IQ levels of the trash who actually sang that retarded song to the Bush family.
yes I admit it upfront that I thought it was fantastic. Im not sure what credentials I have with you, I know you not.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:38 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,205,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brill View Post
You didn't seem to care when they were being killed by Saddam.

Bad intel does not equal lying. By the way, congress declares war, not the president. Congress could have stopped him, they didn't. They are just as much to blame as Bush.

This is Bush's fault because...? The whole Gulf coast was hit, yet New Orleans was the only one with problems. That falls on Nagin, not Bush.

Was ruled legal by courts just a few weeks ago. Also, get your facts straight, only international calls are being tapped. If you're not making phone calls to terrorists in Iran, you have nothing to worry about.

Again, how does Bush get sole blame for this? Did he make mistakes? Sure. The current problems started well before Bush ever took office.
No need to be a Bush apologist. It's a new day. I'm sure you will be as understanding of the new regime in your future posts as you are to the old in this post. Won't you?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM

1,808 posts, read 3,190,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
No need to be a Bush apologist. It's a new day. I'm sure you will be as understanding of the new regime in your future posts as you are to the old in this post. Won't you?
Not at all. If I lose a sock, I will go off on a huge rant as to why Obama is to blame.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:18 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
sha nah nah nah sha nah nah nah hey hey hey GOOD BYE!!!!!
The only thing we are saying goodbye to is US soverignty..

Old 01-20-2009, 11:44 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,525,155 times
I'm not too thrilled about that chant either and if it was up to me, I would not have allowed it.
However, I can totally understand it and would not have fought big time against it.
A lot of these same cons, who thought nothing of breaking into a building and pounding on walls and doors, to the point of near violence, acted like punks during a legitimate count of a state's recount. However, they think it's just sickening and replusive over some folks just having fun? They were probably laughing, more than cussing and showing hate, when they did the na na chant.
That's more damning then a minority of people, saying the na na na na hey hey hey good bye song for 1 minute.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,168,250 times
I was not a supporter of Bush and I think he did a bad job overall as President.
However, I don't think he got this country in the shape it's in intentionaly. I think he does love his country. I just think he wasn't smart enough, or his advisors weren't, to make good long term decisions.
I don't think it was right to embarrass him in front of an assembly and a media audience. I must admit I was glad to see him leave Washington. But he should have been able to leave with some respect. He was our President and probaby tried to do what he thought was right at the time even though it turned out to be the wrong decision.

I didn't vote for Obama. But I will not prejudge him. I'll wait and see how he handles things and whether or not his decisions helps or hurts us. I know I have to give him some time. No one can immediately get this country out of the mess it's in now. It's going to take awhile.
Untill he gives me a good reason not to, I will respect him as our President. If he loses my respect, I still won't lead the singing of Sha Na Na Na, Goodbye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies