Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 PM

715 posts, read 2,082,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
I was in 6 years and 2 years IRR and was in OIF so I think I have a handle on what is going on right now thank you.

Does rape happen? yes. The military tires it's best but sometimes bad people get through the cracks it happens. They get punished for what they have done. However your posts paint the picture that when we go over there we just start shooting any and everyone and rape who ever we feel like. Sorry that isn't the way it is. You post links to stories, I have first hand experience over there. Say what you want about members of the military not thinking like me but President Bush had something like a 60+ approval rating with us last time I saw.

I am not sitting here saying President Bush was prefect, he made mistakes. I take offense to people saying disgusting hateful things about and our troops as you have done on multiple occasions.

I wish President Obama the best and hope he can take the country and lead us out of these troubled times.
Aint it funny how some civies think they got their mind around whats it like to be in the Military. Sorry chielgirl, Mam, you got your knickers in a twist. Whenever this country has to defend itself from it's enemies, please step forward and show us how the Military personel should do their job. I would take any bets if you were drafted that after your first night you'll be the first to run off to the drill sargeant crying and screaming your pants off to go home just like the many panzies i seen in MY TIME!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 12:21 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,312,237 times
He should actually be tried for war crimes, but of course he pardoned himself and those close to him in regards to Gitmo so none of them, including him could be tried, so maybe now he can't be tried, but he should be, and so that little sha na na na was the best that we Americans could do to show our distaste for him. It you ever watch the movie, Taxi to the Dark Side, a document on Gitmo you may change your mind about him and Cheney, but then again, some people think that it is great to torture others even though it doesn't work. A lot of innocent people were killed at Gitmo, tortured until they died. Only 8 percent were actually terrorists.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:11 PM

3,011 posts, read 6,285,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Aint it funny how some civies think they got their mind around whats it like to be in the Military. Sorry chielgirl, Mam, you got your knickers in a twist. Whenever this country has to defend itself from it's enemies, please step forward and show us how the Military personel should do their job. I would take any bets if you were drafted that after your first night you'll be the first to run off to the drill sargeant crying and screaming your pants off to go home just like the many panzies i seen in MY TIME!!
Very true..

Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,574,581 times
The LA Times pointed out that people even held up a shoe when Bush drove down Pennsylvania Ave in the procession to the inaugural. People gave Bush the finger & yelled "Arrest Bush"

American is done with Bush as president but America is not done with Bush's crimes which will be prosecuted.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM

3,032 posts, read 5,244,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
The LA Times pointed out that people even held up a shoe when Bush drove down Pennsylvania Ave in the procession to the inaugural. People gave Bush the finger & yelled "Arrest Bush"

American is done with Bush as president but America is not done with Bush's crimes which will be prosecuted.
the maker of the thrown shoe is getting filthy rich, with hundreds of thousands of orders for that shoe. How funny about people holding up a shoe. No one is going to prosecute Bush, thats not how its done here. He just gets away with it. 3 years from now, he will be riding his bike happily in Midland TX (spelled wrong Im sure), with no reprisals for what he did.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM

3,566 posts, read 3,721,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
He should actually be tried for war crimes, but of course he pardoned himself and those close to him in regards to Gitmo so none of them, including him could be tried, so maybe now he can't be tried, but he should be, and so that little sha na na na was the best that we Americans could do to show our distaste for him. It you ever watch the movie, Taxi to the Dark Side, a document on Gitmo you may change your mind about him and Cheney, but then again, some people think that it is great to torture others even though it doesn't work. A lot of innocent people were killed at Gitmo, tortured until they died. Only 8 percent were actually terrorists.
Do you actually believe this tripe? Are you aware that the International Red Cross (no friend to the U.S. these days) actually has an office at Gitmo and is allowed free access to the detainees? If any of what you state was actually happening the Red Cross would be all over the news complaining to everyone who would listen. Never happened.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post

What crimes? Remember all the wailing and gnashing of teeth by liberals over the fact that Bush claimed the power to conduct warrantless wiretaps of communications originating outside the country? The FISA court just confirmed that, indeed, a president--any president, including Obama--has that inherent power. Crimes, indeed!

Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM

The bottom line is that Bush kept us safe for 7 plus years. That didn't just happen. It was the result of the policies he put in place. Keeping the country safe is the president's first and highest responsibility. Bush did his job well notwithstanding fighting a two-front war: against the terrorists and against his domestic political enemies. The irony is that Obama is likely to continue the same policies even as he criticizes Bush. Such is life--and hypocrisy.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:23 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,312,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Do you actually believe this tripe? Are you aware that the International Red Cross (no friend to the U.S. these days) actually has an office at Gitmo and is allowed free access to the detainees? If any of what you state was actually happening the Red Cross would be all over the news complaining to everyone who would listen. Never happened.
Whenever the Red Cross showed up they had the prisoners taken down from where they were hanging. Sorry, but they showed photos of the prisoners, and some of the men and women that abused and killed them went to prison for a short time. Bush and his cronies and the top military men had nothing happen to them. And then Bush tried to pardon himself and some others. That was in the news.

YouTube - Bush Trying To Pardon Himself Bush wanted to pardon himself from war crimes. not sure if it passed or not. Here, I will help you:

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/US/01/15...anamo.torture/

JimMe, you need to do research on this instead of thinking that the Bush Administration could do no wrong.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 01-21-2009 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-21-2009, 03:27 PM

1,489 posts, read 2,027,348 times
Ghetto trash. How is that working out for the the lovely singers going back to crudville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies