Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:51 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
Finally, a man who doesn't have the blinders on!

I think the economy is just fine too. I have a job, and everybody I know has a job. It is just hype made by the liberals to get elected.

They voted for him because he fits their idea of a perfect tv character, and thats it. I am giving you a positive rep! Finally a man who isnt a liberal dumb dumb.
Oh really? Then why did JOhn McCain "suspend" his campaign to get to Washington DC to talk about the economy if liberals are making it all up?

But keep up your posts. I seriously get GREAT LAUGHS out of them. You make no sense at all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 07:16 PM

385 posts, read 626,364 times
I wish I could say that I forget Bush 2 ever happened to this country...HOWEVER...for the sake of future generations...we can never let this type of disastrous 8 year presidency happen EVER again!!!!

For now, a new era begins...

Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,937,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
I wish I could say that I forget Bush 2 ever happened to this country...HOWEVER...for the sake of future generations...we can never let this type of disastrous 8 year presidency happen EVER again!!!!

Unfortunately we all will pay and pay , for a long long time. I was not one of the Sheeple then blinded , voted for the crime family. Let the trials begin !

Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,318,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Let the trials begin !
Catharsis! Catharsis! Catharsis! Catharsis! Catharsis!

White collar in prison! Pot smokers out!

Start making room now.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
honestly i do not think bush did a great job. he did a decent job. i think he did a better job of taking care of things overseas than here at home. i like the fact that we are doing what we can to eliminate terrorists. a dead terrorist is a good thing to me.

It must make you wonder why a man that got money from th Bin Laden family immediately took them all out of the country... when Americans couldnt even fly... and curiously after a 6 year search never found a 6'5"" arab attacched to a dialysis machine... me thinks he didn't really want to find the #1 terrorist... Seems the Saudis interests were served long before ours were.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:22 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,857,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrestViewdrive View Post
Finally, a man who doesn't have the blinders on!

I think the economy is just fine too. I have a job, and everybody I know has a job. It is just hype made by the liberals to get elected.

They voted for him because he fits their idea of a perfect tv character, and thats it. I am giving you a positive rep! Finally a man who isnt a liberal dumb dumb.

Go buy something at Circuit City and talk to one of them.... perhaps your realm of friends is too narrow.

As to the economy... it is your dear w that took us to 10.6T national debt as he left office... that is nearly 3 times the debt Regan created and he set the all time record. Go find a loan for a home now.... it is a challenge, I hear commercial loans are even worse. you have anoter wave of home foreclosures coming in the next 2 years. and we are yet to see the full impact on business... We have 1 mall that closed The entire mall and it's 100+ stores, with 2 others coming. We have lost Bennigans, Donatos, Fazoli's, and dozens of others.... but I'm sure you are right... the economy is fine.... aren't you suppose to share the psychedelics? at least pass the rose colored glasses. You might even think about 1 of the five families slaughter because of loss of jobs in CA. Its easy to say they were sick or twisted and dismiss thier actions but perhaps people are more desparate than the media is identifing.

I voted for Nader but Bless Obama and I hope he is the best president EVER. We need the change. We endured the worse, we deserve the best.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:24 PM

1,093 posts, read 3,423,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Former President Gerald Ford said it best during his inaugural address. Our long national nightmare is over. When I look back at the last 8 years, I'm truly at a loss to see what Bush really accomplished. I'm sure his defenders will say he kept America safe. We didn't have another 9/11, therefore he did a good job protecting us from terrorists. The problem with that argument is that we have no way of knowing whether anything would've happened without him in charge. His defenders will also say that he got rid of Saddam Hussein and brought about democratic elections in Iraq. But it's hard to look at Iraq now and claim it's better. And if you ask Iraqis, I'll bet a lot of them will say it's a whole lot worse.
OMG, you must be a democrat, nightmare is not over, actually possibly just beginning a "New chapter" time for change get deeper in debt using our grandchildrens' monies......that's not a solution....WTF...

Old 01-28-2009, 11:52 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFly Jr View Post
The nightmare has just begun for the journalists of the mainstream media. who will they disrespect/bash/hate/invent conspiracies about now?
who will they blame now for all their prblems? who will they blame now for their marriage problems, psychological problems, etc.? there's no scape goat.
who will they nail to the cross now?
who will they torture?
Are you laying on the couch right now, because we are not your shrink!

Old 01-29-2009, 10:32 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,370,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Former President Gerald Ford said it best during his inaugural address. Our long national nightmare is over. When I look back at the last 8 years, I'm truly at a loss to see what Bush really accomplished. I'm sure his defenders will say he kept America safe. We didn't have another 9/11, therefore he did a good job protecting us from terrorists. The problem with that argument is that we have no way of knowing whether anything would've happened without him in charge. His defenders will also say that he got rid of Saddam Hussein and brought about democratic elections in Iraq. But it's hard to look at Iraq now and claim it's better. And if you ask Iraqis, I'll bet a lot of them will say it's a whole lot worse.

Those were the days when they Democrats had veered to the Left and the Republicans stayed Centrist. Do you remember Ford's speech at his first State of the Union message?

He said "I stand before you tonight as the first President since Dwight David Eisenhower who can truthfully say to you "America is strong, America is prosperous, and America is at peace".

Old 01-29-2009, 10:42 AM

1,048 posts, read 2,387,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post

I think you're going to find its a case of "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies