U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 03:48 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,524,981 times

Advertisements

One fun thing to do is to donate to a LGBT rights organization, and have them send the thank-you note to the AFA.

I've done it with Planned Parenthood before. It just adds a little hop to your step!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 PM

26,529 posts, read 24,945,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The straight males seem infatuated with the gay threads more than anybody else.
Well, it's actually the homophobic straight males who get all excited. There's actually lots of straight males who couldn't care less about what gay guys do with each other. Most of them don't say anything here because they don't understand what the fuss is all about.

I'm thankful for the few who do speak up (leftydan, for example).

The reality is that the opinions of the majority do matter somewhat, so in this respect, I'm very appreciative of the straight people - the straight guys, in particular - who are confident and secure enough with themselves to speak up in favor of equality for all.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:49 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,825,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
One fun thing to do is to donate to a LGBT rights organization, and have them send the thank-you note to the AFA.

I've done it with Planned Parenthood before. It just adds a little hop to your step!
Divine! I shall keep this in mind when I need to spread a little joy around.

Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM

5,027 posts, read 5,524,981 times
By the way -
this will be the funniest commercial you've seen in a while.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM

10,479 posts, read 13,825,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
By the way -
this will be the funniest commercial you've seen in a while.
LOL, & you know that would never be shown here. I'm surprised they even air lube commercials w/2 heteros sitting on a bed together. Risque!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:05 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,180,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
(New York City)
The $1,000,000 was to be used to help promote homosexuality in the workplace,” the AFA said.[/url]
I hope this AFA was a misprint and just an overboard accusation. Promote? Some extremists go so overboard (both sides are guilty in this regard) and end up doing more harm than good.
I have gay relative and many gay friends. They don't go around "promoting" the personal aspects of their lives!

Peoples' personal lives are just that, personal. Why can't people on both "sides" respect this?

I would HOPE that they would "promote" equality for all, and treat every one allike, fairly and equally, no matter their charisteristics or orientation.

I like Pepsi ayways.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:52 PM

3,553 posts, read 6,926,235 times
Time for me to switch from Coke to Pepsi too!

golfgod

Old 01-21-2009, 05:15 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,201,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Don't forget to support ALL of Pepsi's brands.

PepsiCo Brand Portfolio | PepsiCo.com

Will do!

Old 01-21-2009, 06:16 PM

8,323 posts, read 13,467,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Taco Bell is a Pepsi company? I tried to look at their web site and could not find the link to the non-beverage companies they own. I will have 3 tacos please..
Pepsi directly owned Taco Bell until the late 1990's. At which point Taco Bell *and a few others* were bought by another company and became grouped as YUM! Brands - which has a lifetime mutual agreement with Pepsi.

Sorry for being off topic, but if they want to hit pepsi in the wallet, then they need to boycott all of Pepsi's business partners as well. But again, this should be just as successful as the McD's boycott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or