U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 04:11 PM

493 posts, read 625,043 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a while, but I have some thoughts that I'd like to share and get your opinion on, hopefully without being attacked! I am not a christian, however I've been listening to this guy that comes on about 11pm. Van Impe Ministries or something... He is stuck on Revelation, so I decided to pick up the Bible and read the prophecies that he speaks of and how they are taking place.

I believe that Rev 18 all speaks of the USA. They say that the deceptive beast comes before the Messiah. After looking at the ugly mess that Bush has gotten us all into, how he's manipulated and deceived the world, I can't help but identify him as that beast! Especially after thinking back to President Obama's campaign, and then yesterday watching the inauguration with his hard but inspirational and clear cut message to the world. I feel as if Barack Obama is the ONE! It all fits... The world is listening, he speaks peace...

What are your thoughts on this? I can't talk about this anywhere else with extremely diverse views but here, so I hope you can shed your own light on what I'm thinking...

I know that only time will tell what Obama does, but as a very spiritual (not religious) person I know that he is a healer, a very positive and peaceful person. If what is said in revelation is true and prophecy then I believe that Obama is the ONE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 04:13 PM

7,559 posts, read 11,899,990 times
(speachless)

Old 01-21-2009, 04:17 PM

12,760 posts, read 8,806,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik View Post
Hey everyone, I haven't been on in a while, but I have some thoughts that I'd like to share and get your opinion on, hopefully without being attacked! I am not a christian, however I've been listening to this guy that comes on about 11pm. Van Impe Ministries or something... He is stuck on Revelation, so I decided to pick up the Bible and read the prophecies that he speaks of and how they are taking place.

I believe that Rev 18 all speaks of the USA. They say that the deceptive beast comes before the Messiah. After looking at the ugly mess that Bush has gotten us all into, how he's manipulated and deceived the world, I can't help but identify him as that beast! Especially after thinking back to President Obama's campaign, and then yesterday watching the inauguration with his hard but inspirational and clear cut message to the world. I feel as if Barack Obama is the ONE! It all fits... The world is listening, he speaks peace...

What are your thoughts on this? I can't talk about this anywhere else with extremely diverse views but here, so I hope you can shed your own light on what I'm thinking...

I know that only time will tell what Obama does, but as a very spiritual (not religious) person I know that he is a healer, a very positive and peaceful person. If what is said in revelation is true and prophecy then I believe that Obama is the ONE!

I had the same feeling after reading a Denny's menu

Old 01-21-2009, 04:19 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,506 posts, read 17,796,425 times
I think you need to watch JVI some more for a better understanding. He's one of the few televangelists whom I believe has his heart in the right place and knows his bible backward and forward.

Sorry to disappoint you but Bush is not the beast. And the one who brings peace--he's a very popular figure that the world will love and trust--will also be the one to bring sudden death and destruction. Check out Jack Van Impe Ministries online for a more thorough study.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,937,697 times
Xotik, I look at it THIS way....according to scripture, the world will end (and all the 'stuff will come down') when we "Least Expect it"....so I figure I'll just keep on expecting it....and SO FAR, it seems to be working. Not sure if what I'm doing is why the world has yet to 'end'..... but who can say?

Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Xotik, I look at it THIS way....according to scripture, the world will end (and all the 'stuff will come down') when we "Least Expect it"....so I figure I'll just keep on expecting it....and SO FAR, it seems to be working. Not sure if what I'm doing is why the world has yet to 'end'..... but who can say?
Hmmm Interesting. The majority of people aren't expecting it now. They scoff.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:27 PM

1,564 posts, read 1,352,728 times
This is why I so dislike religion....it just brings fear, to me anyway. I actually feel a sense of genuine hope. I might add that I don't hate bush and am not bashing him. In the present it seems he made some huge blunders, but who knows how things will look in hindsight 20 or 30 years from now. He may be seen as a genius...not that I'm predicting that :-)

Feel hope people, disgard the fear and lets make this country and world a better place and even try to have some fun doing it !

Old 01-21-2009, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This is why I so dislike religion....it just brings fear, to me anyway. I actually feel a sense of genuine hope. I might add that I don't hate bush and am not bashing him. In the present it seems he made some huge blunders, but who knows how things will look in hindsight 20 or 30 years from now. He may be seen as a genius...not that I'm predicting that :-)

Feel hope people, disgard the fear and lets make this country and world a better place and even try to have some fun doing it !
On the contrary, if you know the whole story, you know it is one of hope b'c war and everything that causes fear in the world today--murder, child abuse, hatred, and other crimes--will be done away with. Jesus is returning to bring peace. I've never heard of anything more hopeful in my life.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:36 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,680,256 times
I read the bible last year. Quite frankly, the only people who make sense out of Revelations are either seeing only what they want or....are just plain delusional.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:43 PM

34,990 posts, read 34,755,944 times
Rexella van Impe! I was just thinking of that name.

Jack and Rexella have been making a living promising that the end times are imminent for at least 20 years. However, they seem to expect their bills will still be due next month and the mail truck will still be making its rounds.

But they seem more sincere than most televangelists. They're not like Robert Tilton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies