Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 06:26 PM

9,886 posts, read 10,814,228 times

Advertisements

root of all evil, nah more of a sickness and much like those with other diseases those infected by it are ashamed and embarassed and try to hide the fact that they have it!

Old 03-13-2007, 09:16 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,256,129 times
The question is why do some thing liberalism is the root of all evil. . . it is not the "root" however it may very well be what brings this great country down. The founding fathers would be turning in their graves if they knew what was happening now. . .

Old 03-13-2007, 10:51 AM

68,320 posts, read 54,318,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
The question is why do some thing liberalism is the root of all evil. . . it is not the "root" however it may very well be what brings this great country down. The founding fathers would be turning in their graves if they knew what was happening now. . .

You're right about the founding fathers, and look who's at the helm!

Old 03-13-2007, 01:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,578,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're right about the founding fathers, and look who's at the helm!
Even the most conservative of the Founding Fathers, like John Adams and Hamilton, would disapprove of the Bush Administration for its abuses of power and public trust.

I can only wonder what Jefferson, Franklin or Sam Adams would have thought.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:20 PM

13,601 posts, read 21,380,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Even the most conservative of the Founding Fathers, like John Adams and Hamilton, would disapprove of the Bush Administration for its abuses of power and public trust.

I can only wonder what Jefferson, Franklin or Sam Adams would have thought.
Im sure they would,and along with other recent presidents.They would also disagree with the size the federal government has become.They would disagree with social security,medicare and all the other federal programs.They would disagree with Planned Parenthood,Moveon.org,HCI and probably the civil liberties union too.

They would also be sad about the state of mind of most American's.Bejamin Franklin would be shaking his head and muttering"yep,they couldn't keep it".

Old 03-13-2007, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yes in my view and the view of most rational thinking people liberals are big spenders. Name me a liberal in the senate who wants to cut taxes and reduce spending!
There in lies the irony for you liberals, as i said in another post, liberals & moderates should love Bush because he has spent like a drunken sailor! You guys just cant get over the fact that he won whoops, "there I go again" "STOLE" the election over two commie libs like Algore and Kerry. That and you hate the Military and what it stands for!
Some very sensitive liberal took offense and thought it worthy of giving me a negative rep for being PRESUMPTUOUS, with my comment regarding the military! forgive my presumptuousness.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:07 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,473,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pslOldTimer View Post
Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day.
Teach a man to fish, and he'll sit and drink beer all day.
ONLY if he is a very lucky unmarried man.

Old 03-13-2007, 06:13 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,473,623 times
Regardless of what you are Liberal or Conservative both parties are for their self now. Anyone that believes otherwise is ignorant. We have liberals and we have neo-cons. What ever happened to the middle ground. You know the ones that spent less, taxed less, Gave us freedoms, and less government. Maybe instead of saving the seals and clubbing some Liberals, we should save our nation and club some politicians.

Old 03-13-2007, 07:38 PM

68,320 posts, read 54,318,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Some very sensitive liberal took offense and thought it worthy of giving me a negative rep for being PRESUMPTUOUS, with my comment regarding the military! forgive my presumptuousness.

Well, YOU made the baseless, statement that I hate the military and I haven't given anyone negative rep.

Would you care to make an actual accusation or are you content to stay with cheesy innuendo?

Old 03-13-2007, 07:51 PM

Default cheesy inuendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, YOU made the baseless, statement that I hate the military and I haven't given anyone negative rep.

Would you care to make an actual accusation or are you content to stay with cheesy innuendo?
I stand corrected, What i should have said is Liberals in general hate the military and what it stands for!
Hey it aint easy being cheesy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies